Thé des Sables

Cornflower Petals, Green Tea, Natural Flavours, Rose Petals, Sunflower Petals
Fruity
Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Everybody is already asleep home including the cat ! I am alone on my sofa and I feel so lazy...I'd like to have a cup of this tea...but I feel well on my sofa...nobody's around to go in the...” Read full tasting note
    Ysaurella 335 tasting notes
  • “I've been trying to figure out how to divest myself of these Palais de Thes samples so yesterday I cold brewed this in my Teavana tea maker for 12+ hours (don't judge - it was a gift, lol) This...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2307 tasting notes
  • “Man, it has been one of those days where I have been doing things nonstop, but none of it seems to be my work. And now the day is almost over already! At least I have a chance to sit and have a cup...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1914 tasting notes
  • “I'm enjoying this. I love the floral tones. The peach and mango, the fruit notes ... taste slightly artificial, but, I like the way the floral notes work here that I am not going to hate on the...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4322 tasting notes

From Le Palais des Thes

Created by Le Palais des Thés, this green tea blend was inspired by a trip to Morocco. It is flavoured with the famous Damas rose, grown on the slopes of the Atlas mountains, and exotic fruits – mango, yellow peach and citrus fruits – giving the unique flavour of a petal jelly.

Thé des Sables is both fresh and sensual; a beautiful drink whether served boiling hot or ice cold.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

Everybody is already asleep home including the cat !
I am alone on my sofa and I feel so lazy…I’d like to have a cup of this tea…but I feel well on my sofa…nobody’s around to go in the kitchen for me…even the cat…anyway cats never help to prepare a cup…

I had a dream Le Chat is waking up and is going in the kitchen, he’s putting water in the kettle, 80°C (he is clever, he knows it’s for a green tea)…put crystal sugar in a mug & put the infuser in.

But pffff he’ll never do that for me…that’s the reason why I love him and love cats… they don’t care for what we think, they are just free and only do what they want to.

So I have this tea and it is a nice tea.
I am not very impressed by the green tea base but appreciate the flavors (mainly rose but I can pick mango and behind maybe peach).

it doesn’t work for a second steep, it becomes really too weak.

Nice for a lazy evening with or without cat

Azzrian

lol I liked this review! :)

cteresa

I had this sort of on wishlist, one of these days I am going to bite the bullet and order from Palais des Thés. These reviews are particularly interesting for me, they let me make lists of what I really want to try!

I’ve been trying to figure out how to divest myself of these Palais de Thes samples so yesterday I cold brewed this in my Teavana tea maker for 12+ hours (don’t judge – it was a gift, lol)

This has really brought out the flowery, perfumey notes of this tea. I am drinking it over ice and it is tasting pretty soapy. Kind of arguing with myself about whether I should dump it out, but will probably suffer through it and just finish it.

ScottTeaMan

Is you teamaker the 2 cup (16 0z), or 4 cup (32 oz) version?

ScottTeaMan

When you have more time tell me what you think of it-pros & cons. If there is one thing I could use it is a infuser for tea on the go…….

1914 tasting notes

Man, it has been one of those days where I have been doing things nonstop, but none of it seems to be my work. And now the day is almost over already! At least I have a chance to sit and have a cup of tea now.

This is definitely a tea I was interested in trying, as they make a big deal about the rose in the tea. It’s also supposed to be flavored with citrus and “yellow” fruits (the description on the insert in the box), which I was wondering about but I see from the description on here that those would be peach and mango. The dry leaf smells fruity and a bit floral and generally French, so I know it’s going to be that kind of blend. The kind that there’s a lot going on in them, but they’re well blended and slightly difficult to suss all the flavors out.

I’m really liking the scent of the steeped tea. There mango and florals are combining in such a way that it almost comes out as jasmine. It’s a deep, rich type of jasmine though, the kind I encountered in China not in the form of pearls but the plain jasmine greens. Some of them seem to have some alternate form of jasmine that I hadn’t encountered before. In any case this tea doesn’t have any jasmine so it’s a bit of a red herring.

At first I wasn’t super impressed by the flavor on this one but it’s growing on me. There’s definitely a floral bent to the whole thing, with some light fruity, peachy notes underneath. I do get that sense of a lot of very fine-tuned blending with a whole lot of ingredients. It’s not rosey per se, but generally floral as a whole. The base seems kind of familiar, and it’s that kind of fresh, green, not very invasive sencha base that seems very prevalent in the world of flavored greens. I do find myself preferring the rare flavored green that uses a nuttier, butterier green as the base just because it’s a little more interesting. This tea is quite lovely and a pleasure to drink, but not a must have just because it doesn’t really distinguish itself for me. I do think at one point in my tea journey this would have been a top tea for me.

TeaBrat

I was not overly impressed either…

I’m enjoying this. I love the floral tones. The peach and mango, the fruit notes … taste slightly artificial, but, I like the way the floral notes work here that I am not going to hate on the fruit notes. The floral tones are delightful and delicate, not heavy and perfume-y.

It’s a very soft and calming tea.

This is from the here is hoping traveling teabox.

I drank this one on my way to work today. The dry leaves SMELL so sweet and nice, almost like a lighter marco polo.

The tea when brewed is not nearly as aromatic as the dry leaves. It still smells good but as I was expecting marco polo level of scent – this is very slight.

The flavor has notes of peach and mango. The green tea base is kinda lost with the flavors. I like this tea but I do not LOVE it.

Interesting, very interesting. This tea is super fruity floral but, more floral than fruit. It has similarities to the Le Palais’s Geisha tea. There is a slight tangy freshness that is fresh rose petal like. Also rose like is the way it leaves my mouth dry. It is a nice tea if you like floral, but I wouldn’t choose it over the Geisha.

I do wish Le Palais sold sample sizes. It is really hard to commit to buying such large quantities based only on description of scent. Even in their store where they have tins of the teas sold bulk they won’t let you buy small quantities to try. Lucky for me I didn’t have to buy a huge bag to try this particular tea, I got a sample from Moraiwe!

A floral, fruity, green tea that has a kind of inherent sweetness without sugar added. I favor brewing this and then serving it iced, for any time of the day. The flavor of peach and citrus, combined with a spoonful of lemon tree honey makes for a great summer thirst quencher.

I am glad that the company clarified the meaning of the expression ¨summer fruits¨, which is the translation given on the Thé des Sables tea bag ticket for ¨fruits jaunes¨: mango, yellow peach, and citrus fruits.

This blend is also said to include rose, but once again I don’t really detect it. Instead, this is a fruity mélange of je ne sais quoi. I brewed this tea under the identical conditions used for Thé des Vahinés, and somehow this one tastes a bit bitter, while the other was satiny smooth. I don’t really like fruit-flavored green teas that much to begin with, but I don’t know why this tea should seem bitter, given my mild brewing stats: 3 minutes at 73C. The taste is not like citrus but oversteeped green tea.

Oh well, you win some, you lose some!

Onward rose!