Thé des Alizés

Fruit Green Blend
Fruity, Grass, Marine, Peach, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

From Le Palais des Thes

A green tea enlivened by flower petals and delicately scented with pieces of white peach, kiwi and watermelon. The green tea and the juicy freshness of the fruit are wonderfully balanced. Delicious hot or iced.

STEEP TIME

167°F / 75°C

TIME OF DAY
Anytime

About Le Palais des Thes View company

The loose leaves smell like a weird jolly rancher candy with chocolate. All sorts of candy like fruits with that mocha undertone.
The chocolate notes really came out after brewing. The (phantom) chocolate scent is foremost but underneath is something interesting. It is sweet and fruity but earthy and a little wrong smelling – I think it’s a strawberry scent. I like it, it’s a little musky and wild.
I really don’t care for the taste of this. It was bitter from the fruit (I brewed it at 165 for 3 minutes rather than 4) and just not my cuppa. At least it didn’t taste like a jolly rancher…

thank you momo! Another sample! Fruit is one of my favorite things, so of course I love fruity teas. The few cups sample here didn’t look like it had many flowers OR fruit chunks, so I would imagine that would affect the flavor. I steeped for three minutes after letting the water cool way down. It’s good! A nice fresh flavor. I think I can smell peach more than I can taste it. And the kiwi and watermelon seem a bit hidden to me. But the green tea base makes up for it. I had another cup a few weeks ago where either the water was too hot or I steeped too long and the flavor was bitter. The fruit flavor wasn’t any different this time around. I’m glad I waited until I brewed it the correct way to write a review though!

This tea has had me stumped for weeks now. When I reach into the tea cupboard, I make a beeline for any tea that isn’t thé des alizés, because I just don’t understand it. I think half of the leap for me has been looking up what ‘alizés’ means – ‘winds’ – because while I was expecting this big, summery, jammy kind of fruitiness, this is airy and distant, almost cold, and this is the thing: if I blind-tasted it, I would have no idea what flavour it’s meant to be. I’m going to need more time to think about this one.

This has a very nice green tea base- grassy and light. Peach is the primary fruit flavor. The watermelon is very mild and I can’t taste the kiwi. There is a floral smell and taste that I can’t place. No bitter aftertaste and only slight dry mouth feeling. I think the fruit taste might be better if I made this cold.

I love how the sampler came with the teas in metal test tubes. Perfect for making me feel all sicientific right before watching “Fringe”. :-)

This tea smells phenomenal! The reason I bought it was because I got to smell some of the dry leaf in the store. It has a smell that promises a sweet fruity flavor once brewed. Unfortunately I personally feel that the smell remains once brewed but that the flavor isn’t quite as strong as I was expecting. To me it tastes like green tea that has a little bit of something else, but I can’t pin the other flavor because it is so subtle. Maybe it’s the watermelon, since I personally don’t think watermelon has much flavor in general. I liked the tea though, especially the smell, I just can’t claim it tastes like much other than a light green tea.

Fruity green tea.
I tried it hot and cold, both were good.

Hello tea lovers!

During the UK’s persistent heatwave the craving for fruit tea has gotten the better of me. That’s when I pulled this one from my shelf to try. I adore watermelon and peach in a tea and considering this has both it made for an easy purchase. Plus with this being described as good for ‘hot’ or ‘iced’ tea it makes it all the better. This will be a ‘hot’ review but I plan on steeping it in my iced tea bottle later today to see the outcome. My curiosity is totally piqued!

The raw tea blend has large green tea leaves with yellow flower petals mixed in, if you look close enough you will find small cubes of fruit among the blend.

As I open the packet I am met with a peach scent which is sweet and very natural smelling. Among that is the slight perfume of grass and flowers. Beautiful in every way.

Steeping parameters – 1 tsp of leaf in my ceramic mug with removable filter and lid. (Around 250ml/9oz of water). Temp: 80C for 3 minutes.

Once steeped the tea is fairly dark yellow/green and bares the same beautiful peach scent as it’s raw form.

In flavour this is soft and sweet with buttery, toasted grass notes followed by smooth but sweet peach that feels like it melts in my mouth. Behind that there is another level of fruit and perfume, a little dry but ideally so, blended so well that I cannot distinctly taste the watermelon or kiwi. Not that the peach overpowers per say, it is soft but distinct, more that they are blended so well ie they work well together, that it combines as one.

As it cools the green tea thickens but remains grassy and pleasant, while the flowers also thicken to combine with them.

‘Yet still the peach sings her perfect sweet song on my tongue,

and my taste buds wiggle and dance.

For this blend does each and together belong,

forever to be sipped and enjoyed by chance.’

I’m glad that I pulled this out of my stash this morning. It’s been the perfect start to my day, and I can see myself sipping on this tea a lot in the near future. It tasted better than I expected as I do not usually favour flavoured tea, but the chance was well worth it with this one. The balance was perfect, the strength was refreshing and right, the flavours to me were divine and when I drink fruit tea this had everything I am looking for.

Happy Steeping Everyone!

Reviewed on: http://sororiteasisters.com/2015/07/19/des-alizes-green-blend-le-palais-des-thes/

KittyLovesTea

I’m happy to send you some of this if you want to try it? :) A gift from me to you.

Nattie

Ooh yes please! I’m a sucker for peach. Thank you! (:

Nattie

My address has changed, by the way – should I drop you a message?

KittyLovesTea

Yes please, I was about to check and see if I have it from before. Send me your address and I will get it out to you this week :)

This is super refreshing. It is fruity, but not berry fruity, more tropical. It was ok hot, but every time I forget a cup of fruity tea and it cools I remember how much I love fruity teas iced. It is like a taste of summer…never mind that there is snow on the ground right now.

This was quite a nice green blend, despite the fact that I really didn’t take good care of it (it lived in a plastic baggie…). The peach notes really came out quite nicely. Didn’t get much watermelon, but perhaps the juicy nature of the overall flavor could be attributed to it. :) This tea definitely was juicy, without tasting too fruity. The green tea was smooth and vegetal, like asparagus, but no bitterness. I really enjoyed it!

This tea came from my swap with Sara. She was kind enough to send me samples of several French teas including Palais des Thés and Mariage Frères. For some reason, Palais des Thés seems to have escaped my attention up to this point, not sure why that is! But after looking through their flavored teas, I want to try them all. This one is flat-steamed green tea leaves with lovely curled cream-colored flower petals mixed in for dramatic effect. Dry scent is sweet peaches with a touch of floral. I steeped a teaspoon of leaf for 3 minutes at 175 degrees. I think next time, I may use a bit more leaf for this one.

After steeping, this has a lovely mouthwatering sweet peach aroma. Yums. Peach is also the main flavor in the taste, and it’s a lovely juicy peach, perhaps with a slight candylike edge. Overall I’m finding this tea a bit mild, though I think I may have not used enough leaf. Curiously enough, the peach flavor seems to grow in intensity, even after I’ve swallowed. It lingers on my tongue in a pleasant way. I think I can also taste a bit of kiwi here, it manifest as a sort of tart and juicy fruity quality. The green tea itself is super mild, but I do catch a bit of grassiness and a subtle marine quality. Lovely!

Flavors: Fruity, Grass, Marine, Peach, Sweet

Sara

Oh I’m so glad it’s already arrived! Hoping to see yours in my mailbox when I check today. :D