Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Le Palais des Thés

From Le Palais des Thes

A great mix of Bancha tea and roasted rice.

About Le Palais des Thes View company

Many thanks to the Good Lady Angrboda for this, my tea of the afternoon (there was no tea of the morning as toddler had me up at 7:30 am for a bowl of cereal and I then convinced him to go back to bed and woke up again at 11:30). Rowan’s fever is gone today but I am super tired and still have ear thing. Sooo no special Orchid Oolong or Golden Fleece for me today pout

This however sounded good to me, which is odd as I didn’t like the one genmaicha I’ve tried (Teavana, but what do they know?). What encouraged me is that it is with Bancha and not Gyokuro and I figured the flavors would meld better than be such a huge contrast between green and toasty. Plus it is from Le Palais Des Thes and I have heard good things about them.

The smell brewing still isn’t my favorite, burnt popcorn and Kashi, but the taste isn’t bad and it’s even better with food. It’s surprisingly buttery! Genmaicha is definitely a unique cultural beverage, but not one that I am ever likely to get into. ::shrug:: Thanks Miss Ang, for giving me a better Genmaicha experience!

Angrboda

I’m glad you enjoyed it! I don’t really care for the stuff myself, and the last time I tried giving some to the boyfriend, he ended up trying SO HARD to diplomatic about it afterwards that I knew not to do it again. :)

I’m sick. :(
I had two different sicks in a row. Last weekend I had a sore throat. That got better and now I’m all sniffly.
Had this classic comfort tea yesterday. I forgot how tasty genmaicha is. Sometimes you forsake your old favorites for shiny new things.

K S

Hope you feel better soon.

Mercuryhime

Thanks! Getting pampered by hubby now. I guess there are benefits. :)

gmathis

Your note makes me think about a Guy Clark country song called “Stuff That Works.” About comfort items: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ot035kSVt0

A classic Genmaicha tea, with a crisper note of rice than many other brands. The perfect tea if you enjoy this particular Japanese style of tea. I love it with sushi and its pretty tasty iced too.

A classic genmaicha, brewed in a big teapot – 90°C.
Drinked while eating :)