Organic Banaspaty Bliss

Edit tea info Last updated by LeafSpa Organic Tea

• “Yummy! If you like bold then you have come to the right place. This tea is very robust and as a past post said it has a malty flavor and a sweetness. I found this to be coffee-like. Meaning you...” Read full tasting note
    RachanaC 429 tasting notes
  • “This is an interesting black tea. The scent is very mellow, kind of rich and almost smoky in scent, but when steeped, it's smooth and there's no hint of smokiness. It's a very nice black tea...” Read full tasting note
    QuiltGuppy 247 tasting notes
  • “Mmm! What wonderful tea. I really enjoyed the complexity of the honey tones, the tobacco notes as well as some forest flavors. A great tea! For a more detailed review of this tea check here:...” Read full tasting note
    LissaMarie 190 tasting notes
  • “Now I like a nice strong brew, so this tea suits me perfectly. Every time I brewed a cup of this tea, I couldn't believe how quickly I would finish it. This is a smooth, full-bodied tea with a...” Read full tasting note
    MadamPotts 9 tasting notes

From LeafSpa Organic Tea

A sweet and aromatic cup of black tea with all the classic honey and fine tobacco notes one seeks in a self drinker, quite delicate and medium bodied for an India black tea. Smooth and easy to drink. It’s a great day after day tea. Banaspaty Tea Estate is nestled in the hills of Karbi Anglong in the Assam region of India. This century-old plantation produces 100, organic black tea and has been Fair Trade Certified since 1995.

Origin of Primary Ingredient: India
Certified Organic Tea: Yes
Fair Trade Tea: Yes

Ingredients: Organic black tea

About LeafSpa Organic Tea View company

LeafSpa Organic Tea is an importer, blender and retailer of premium quality organic and Fair Trade Certified teas. LeafSpa is also proud to offer their new line of organic spa products and bath accessories all made with the purest tea leaves on earth.

Yummy! If you like bold then you have come to the right place. This tea is very robust and as a past post said it has a malty flavor and a sweetness. I found this to be coffee-like. Meaning you take this tea down in large gulps without even realizing it and it is bold a wake up if you will. Then once you swallow and savor that sip a wonderful sweetness comes out and gives you that “ahhhh” feeling as you slink into your chair a little further and relax your shoulders and think for a minute “this is good” and then before you know it times speeds up again you gotta get back to reality. I know it is strange but that is what I got and I hope I made sense. Basically: Good!

This is an interesting black tea. The scent is very mellow, kind of rich and almost smoky in scent, but when steeped, it’s smooth and there’s no hint of smokiness. It’s a very nice black tea without astringency and no bitterness at all. There is a tobacco flavor, but it’s not very pronounced and exists mostly in the finish, as if I had a tobacco leaf leftover in my mouth.

This was a surprise tea that Rachanac added in to a package from teatra.de. :) Thanks, Rachanac!

teawing

So, do you still chew? Somehow I didn’t take you for a tobacco user!
;)

QuiltGuppy

Allow me to rephrase that. It tastes as I would imagine a tobacco leaf would taste. ;) And I never want to truly find out. Blech.

teawing

THANK YOU for clarifying that!
Had me wondering there…

For a more detailed review of this tea check here: http://wp.me/pQxcK-1V

Now I like a nice strong brew, so this tea suits me perfectly. Every time I brewed a cup of this tea, I couldn’t believe how quickly I would finish it. This is a smooth, full-bodied tea with a touch of malty sweetness. Great anytime of the day, but especially in the morning when caffeine is most essential.

I felt like having an unflavored black tea and realized I hadn’t yet tried this.

In the tin, the leaves have an earthy, almost cocoa smell to them which made me think Assam, but it wasn’t until steeped this that I was sure. I also did a Google search for Banaspaty to confirm, but it’s pretty clear from the aroma alone that this is an Assam.
It has what I consider to be a typical Assam aroma, sort of a sharp almost coffee ground-like note across the top with a malty undercurrent. It’s a pretty color, almost a Ceylon red.

The description says this is delicate, but to me it’s not. Then again, it’s not overly heavy either. Its got a medium-full body and is very flavorful, without being super astringent or having a lot of bite like some Assams. Something about it makes me think of trees, deciduous ones, not evergreens (it’s not piney, but it is leafy). There is a cocoa-like note and a honey-like one, and there’s a light maltiness.

I’ve honestly forgotten how and on what basis I’ve rated the Assams I’ve had in the past so I’m rating this one in something of a vacuum. It’s very nice, definitely in the high very good/low excellent range.

Anna

Maybe you can have an Assam-off.

__Morgana__

(Sometimes I laugh my Assam-off!) I think I would have to have a big piece of creamy pie or something to coat my stomach first but I wouldn’t say it’s out of the question. ;-)

Anna

LOL. Also ‘banaspaty’ is an amazing word.

__Morgana__

Yes. And anything with bliss in the title. You can never have too much bliss!