Bai Hao Oolong (Oriental Beauty)

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Gingko (manager of Life in Teacup)

From Life In Teacup

Product description not available yet.

About Life In Teacup View company

Thanks to LiberTEAS for this sample, which I randomly picked from my box tonight.

Oh man, is this ever sweet and smooth! I’m reminded of autumn leaves and jumping in a leaf pile – some other tea I had recently reminded me of this as well. Oooh, so smooth! Aftertaste is just barely of oolong, but as I’m less familiar with darker oolongs, perhaps that’s what one gets when they move away from tieguanyins. The sweetness is delicious. Almost makes me think of raisin water, i.e. the water left after plumping up raisins for baking. It’s also kind of toasty; makes me think of genmaicha for some reason.

Ok. That was a massive jumble of random thoughts. Too lazy to organize (and still teas to try!)

This one’s pretty impressive! I definitely need to try more dark oolongs. I’m excited to see what the next infusions bring!

Ah… my sweet Oolong! This is delightful.

Rich, nutty, sweet and almost creamy. A silky mouthfeel that lasts only a few moments because the light astringency leaves the palate feeling clean.

I love Oriental Beauty (Bai Hao) Oolong teas because they have such an autumnal feel to them – warm and inviting and beautiful.

This is a fantastic Oriental Beauty. Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending it my way!

Gentle and Beautiful…lovely taste. Smooth and semi juicy. A Delight!

(superior grade)

Sweet and fresh, like a Darjeeing without the haute aire and sharp looks. What this tea trades in wit it makes up for in humor as the finish rolls softly downward and really lingers outdoing the relatively thin taste of the body.

A great tea for when you don’t know exactly what you want. One of those teas that won’t let you forget how good it is but doesn’t require you to really think about it all that much. I could buy a pound of this.

The infused leaves have a slight sweet smell while the brew leans more towards a black tea taste rather than green. Pleasant and not bitter but as I dont drink black tea I would give a pass on this as a daily drink.