Jiang Xi Tribute Tea

Spring

Production Region

Jiangxi Province, Wuyuan

About Life In Teacup View company

I agree with TeaEqualsBliss – the dry leaves look very unique, grey-ish, and fine! I was very excited to try this tea. It’s quite vegetal and savory like all the greens I’ve tried from Life in a Teacup, and at least as delicious. It has just enough astringency to cleanse the mouth, and nothing more. I could see myself picking up a bag of this one day – it’s an all around great Chinese green.

Incredibly sweet yet vegetal. The thing that draws me to this tea is the look of the leaves before infusion…they are almost a gray color and very unique. This is a yummy tea.

Backlogging (so, based almost entirely on my notes)

Experience buying from Life in a Teacup http://steepster.com/places/2861-life-in-a-teacup-online-easthampton-massachusetts

Age of leaf: advertised as spring 2011, received early fall 2011, brewed up weeks later.

Dry leaf: Tightly curled leaves, similar in appearance to Chun Mee; mild smoky aroma.

Brewing guidelines: Standard parameters for my green teas Loose in glass Bodum pot. Stevia added. 7 grams tea, 3 cups water.
……….1st: 170, 1’
……….2nd: 175, 1.5
……….3rd: 177/185, 2’
……….4th: 190, 2.5’

Color and aroma of liquor: clear pale green; < no notes here on aroma of liquor >

Appearance and aroma of wet leaf: Moderate quality: lots of vibrant looking full leaves and some budsets, yet an appreciable number of medium-sized to small-sized pieces. Smells vegetal and roasted, yet almost stale (I am not certain what I meant by this).

Flavor: A good vegetal green tea taste. Little flavor on forth steeping.

Value: To me, a decent tea, but not worth paying $4 / OZ.

Overall: Nothing really stood out about this tea. I brewed it up on the same day I brewed up the Teavivre HSMF (which is a little less expensive), and they were both about as good.