Tai Ping Hou Kui Green Tea

Production Season

Spring, Late April

Production Region

Ahui Province, Yellow Mountain

Chao Qing (stir-fry to kill enzyme)

Pack Size

0.9 oz. (25g pack)

Price per unit

Product #

About Life In Teacup View company

I haven’t had the opportunity to try many Tai Ping teas, so, my experience with them is somewhat limited. However, of the very few that I’ve tried, I can say that this one is the best of them.

The leaves are beautiful (but then, the long, flat, deep green leaves are characteristic of a Tai Ping. If I recall correctly, the others were more of a light green … almost a dusty green, these are a much deeper shade of green)

Sweet, vegetative (reminds me a bit of lima beans!) and very smooth. Very fragrant, with notes of vegetation and flowers in the aroma. What a lovely cup!

This is one fabulous green tea!

These leaves are seriously CRAZY wicked long! WOWZA! This has a very unique aroma to it too! I can’t quite put my finger on it…it’s like a combo of veggies, mushrooms, buttery-goodness, sticky rice, and a mystery faint spice. The taste is really great! It’s smooth and juicy and sweet and almost fruity in the middle of the sip. The aftertaste is subtle and lingers and is pleasant! It leaves a oh-so-slight citrus taste paired with a sweet-veggie hint. Oh! And the liquor is a little pale-browner than I thought it would be for a green. Interesting!

This one is really neat!