Fragrant Pearl Jasmine Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by cristina

• “I love jasmine! And this is absolutely lovely. Life in Teacup has some of the very finest teas, and this one is no exception. The jasmine is strong, but, it is not artificial tasting. It...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4423 tasting notes
  • “Today I thought it would be good to dig around in the sample box and try a new tea. This one caught my eye as I have been experimenting with some green tea lately and would like to try what there...” Read full tasting note
    lynne-tea 235 tasting notes
  • “Wow, this is intensely floral at first scent. Leaves are dark greenish/black and tightly rolled before steeping, almost like gunpowder tho slightly larger. Steeped for 2 1/2 min and let sit for...” Read full tasting note
    smoochety 36 tasting notes

From Life In Teacup

Spring 2010, Sichuan Province. Chao Qing, scented with jasmine flowers not extracts.

About Life In Teacup View company

I love jasmine! And this is absolutely lovely.

Life in Teacup has some of the very finest teas, and this one is no exception. The jasmine is strong, but, it is not artificial tasting. It tastes sweet, exotic and oh-so-wonderful. The green tea is light, vegetal and buttery. A lovely tea.

My full-length review of this tea will publish tomorrow on the SororiTea Sisters blog: http://sororiteasisters.com

Today I thought it would be good to dig around in the sample box and try a new tea. This one caught my eye as I have been experimenting with some green tea lately and would like to try what there is to offer (slowly of course – I still have so much to try).
Dry: The leaves are very small, smooth little black rolled leaves that smell strongly of jasmine. Delightful and interesting. I have never come across a tea like this.
1st, 1.5min: Very delightful jasmine flavours coming through.. possibly a touch of the green peaking in under the jasmine. There is something strong that pops at the back sides of my tongue if I take a large sip and let it mull around. Surprising, as the tea seems so well behaved almost. Nice sweet lingering to the aftertaste too. Mmmm mellow.
2nd, 1.45min: Tastes the same as the first steep. No change what so ever in the intensity of flavours either. I can definitely get a lot more steeps out of the leaves.

Really nice jasmine tea… though I do enjoy more complex flavours, this tea satisfies the times when I just want a cup of tea and not have to think about what I’m tasting really. I probably will purchase some when LIT is back up and running (and when my tea stash diminishes a little)

Edit, 4th steep: This tea is actually really nice. I am pleased that it is changing a bit… not as strong of jasmine (not that that is bad to me), but more vegetal and ‘green’ buttery layers are present. Really nice.

175 °F / 79 °C
ScottTeaMan

Have you ever tried Jasmone Pearls?? I really enjoy them, I think you would too. :))

Lynne-tea

Not yet! But they have been on my list for a long time. I believe I will be getting a sample of them from Teavivre soon :D I am so excited for that!

ScottTeaMan

ONE OF MY FAVORITE TEAS!

Wow, this is intensely floral at first scent. Leaves are dark greenish/black and tightly rolled before steeping, almost like gunpowder tho slightly larger. Steeped for 2 1/2 min and let sit for about 5 min covered, aroma was also very floral due to the jasmine. Sipping is so nice and relaxing with the up front jasmine scent then slight vegetal notes of the green coming through after. Perfect for a much needed midday break.