Wild Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss
190 °F / 87 °C

From Life In Teacup

Product description not available yet.

About Life In Teacup View company

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this delicious Oolong!

This is a tea that I could not find on the Life In Teacup website, but I do hope they’ll start carrying it. It’s really delightful. There are distant fruit tones, with a floral note in the foreground. It almost tastes like honeysuckle. I can also taste hints of a nutty flavor. It is sweet and possesses no bitterness. Toward the end of the sip, I can taste a sour note. Not a pucker-y kind of sour, but more like the sour note you’d experience when tasting sweet and sour sauce. It is sour, but not so overwhelmingly sour that it overpowers the sweetness.

I like this one a lot. It’s like I can taste the “wild” in it.

Dry – Sweet, fruity, refreshing reminiscent of a white peony.
Wet – Sweet, tart-floral notes, sweet corn, fruit and smells more like an Oolong when wet.

1st 10secs Sweet, green (like a fresh white peony/high mountain green) and slightly nutty up front. As it goes down, it has a more apparent floral note with very light bitter/tartness that gives a good mouth feel. The aftertaste is sweet nutty with an Anxi Oolong taste at the end.

2nd 15secs Sweet, Anxi oolong floral notes with a buttery-creamy hint and some of the green from before up front. As it goes down, it is nutty with the bitter-tartness of the floral notes and a more apparent mouth feel. The aftertaste is bittersweet floral that resembles an Anxi oolong with more sweetness.

3rd 20secs Sweet, green Anxi floral-notes with a slightly buttery-creamy and nutty taste up front. As it washes down it is more floral with slight tart-bitterness. The notes are a bit more apparent in this steep. The aftertaste is sweet, nutty and resembles an Anxi Oolong.

Final Notes
This is an OK tea. I liked that it had traits that reminded me of teas other than Oolongs, like the freshness of smelling a white peony and some ‘greener’ notes in between the more obvious Oolong traits. It is sweeter than most Anxi Oolongs, but with the same bittersweet finish. It is a good tea but is not something I would revisit unless I happened to have it already. It held up well until the 5th steep when it started showing some astringency, possibly because it isn’t very uniform but still a good tea.

If you have some time visit my blog!

190 °F / 87 °C

This smells and tastes like flowers and celery. It’s VERY clean. The color of the liquor is a light beige/olive green mix. It’s smooth and the middle of the sip makes your mouth water and the end of the sip on to the after taste is a little nutty.