An Xi Tie Guan Yin Oolong Modern Green Roast Superior Grade

Production Season: Fall
Production Region: Fujian Province
Style: Modern green style

About Life In Teacup View company

I LOVE the color of these leaves – dry! The aroma is a bit ‘odd’ but not in a bad way…it reminds me of plugging an old heater in after it’s been sitting a while and you get that charred-dust smell Even more ‘odd’ is that once infused the aroma morphs completely! It smells more like FRESH home-grown veggies! Ahhhh! Airy and breezy!

The color is SUPER Bright Yellow – Brilliantly Yellow! LOVE IT!

The flavor – SMOOTH…fresh, airy, clean, somewhat crisp, a little vegetal-sweet!

This is MARVYLOVING this!

I am pretty sure this is the same tea… Mine is labeled “An Xi Tie Guan Yin Oolong Traditional Green Roast”
Shrugs
I’m using the entire sample packet, which I believe is 7g? All good – my cup is about 7 oz!
1st, 200F, 7s: Yumm.. the wet leaves smell of apricots and peach candies. Very light sunshine brew..Yes! It reminds me of a complex veggie broth. With sweet spinach.
2nd, 10s: Leaf smells of sweet apricot reduction with almonds overtop steamed asparagus. Another cup of sunshine too (which is great because we’re supposed to get 150mm of rain tonight…hello fall. I get it. You’re officially here!) This definitely has a TGY smell, but the taste is slightly different. It’s a sweeter version. The veggie flavours have disappeared and were replaced by complex floral notes with lilac highlights. These floral notes are balanced by what reminds me of a challah… sweet delicious bread, slightly buttered.
3rd, 15s: Leaves still smell like an apricot immersed in TGY =) mmmm this steep is like buttercream frosting. It’s even thick and rich on the tongue. Slight vanilla leaf notes.. caramelly too. Scrumptious!
4th, 25s: Smells really buttery, and the taste is silky. And sweet like thick vanilla honey. Yummy
I did enjoy this tea, but I have had been more astounded with other TGY’s

OK, lets see…

Leaves are of darkish green color.And it smells like it’s been drying in a warehouse for quite some time. Really dry.
Tea is gentle, bright and the flavor is quite delicious. Subtle and smooth, grassy and even more nutty.

As master Yoda would say: smooth and yummy this one is.

Rabs

malomorgen! I just want to let you know that even though I have hardly been on steepster in the past year or so — anytime I’ve seen a fish on teaware I’ve thought of you! :D

malomorgen

awww :) i’m glad to hear that ;) cheers from croatia!

This is a generous sample provided by Life in Teacup. Thanks!
Dry, this tea is in nugget form, in shades of jade, forest, & other appealing greens with a sweet Nectar of the Gods aroma of yellow spring flowers. When warmed, add butter to that.

I gave it a rinse & went with 20 second steepings, immediately it was sweet rain water, in a forest with lots of Orchids. Over the next couple of steeps the sweetness grew, as did the floral, sort of like an aromatherapy bubble bath, but not too soapy or anything like that.
Other impressions, as I continued down the steeping path:
Very fresh & spring-like, like fresh linens drying in the sun.
Beautiful iridescent green leaf
Fresh Green beans with their flowers
Tongue Tingle
Long beans, also with their flowers

I haven’t been drinking my oolong teas much lately. No real reason, just too much tea & not enough time, I guess, LOL.

Sarsonator

Lovely review! Rain water, forests and orchids. I’m sold!

MzPriss