1960s Dan Cong

1 Tasting Note View all

From Life In Teacup

1960s Phoenix Dan Cong

Production Year

1960s (specific year unknown)

Production Season

Production Region

Chaozhou, Guangdong Province

Style

Traditional roast

Pack Size

0.18 oz. (5g pack), 0.9 oz. (25g)

Price per unit

$6, $26

Product #

1ddc1960s

• Current price of this tea is based on supplying costs. The price is subject to adjustment in the future based on rarity. This tea does not have the typical aromas found in many new dan cong products. Instead, it somewhat resembles shu puerh without the pile fermentation odor.

About Life In Teacup View company

1 Tasting Note

Channeling my inner-hippie (which seems to be a daily occurrence…but anyways…)

This has an earthy-dusty wood type aroma to it but also has a hint of that pu-erh type smell, too…moreso on the pleasant side, tho.

This is a cross between a pu-erh and and oolong, I suppose…it has characteristics of both that I am personally picking up, that is.

It’s slightly sweet but slightly earthy. It’s a bit ‘dusty’ but in a good way. It’s a little nutty and has that nice roasted flavor, too!

I want to burn incense now.
Groovy Man…

Bonnie

Far out! I can dig it! Power to the people!

gmathis

Groovy :)

ashmanra

Way to go, man!

Bonnie

Keep on truckin! Boss! Bitchin! All right and out of sight! Bet I’m the only one who saw James Brown trading stamps at the grocery store in Washington D.C. in 1967! Huh!?! Say it loud!

TeaEqualsBliss

Oooot! Oooot!

K S

Far out, heavy, and sol-id. Oh, and don’t eat the mushrooms.

Bonnie

There were dances my people, The Jerk, The African Twist, The Slide, The Hully-Gully, The Mashed Potatoes, The Monster Mash to name just a few and I can still do them all!