Wuyi Jin Jun Mei

Edit tea info Last updated by K S

From Life In Teacup

This Jin Jun Mei is not Zheng Shan Tang brand, whose price in China is about US$1500 per pound. This tea uses leaf materials from Wuyi Mountain and is made by the best tea workers of over 40 years of experience.

About Life In Teacup View company

Wild Thing you make my heart sing. Fujian Jin Jun Mei do I need to say more? I found I prefer this with steeps around one minute. It can get a bit drying with long western steeps. Keep it short and this delivers the goods. Honey, caramel/cocoa, and lighter malt than I normally associate with this tea. Re-steeps well.

Terri HarpLady

I’ve been wanting to order from Life in Teacup for awhile now.

First tea of the day, enjoyed while I was fixing breakfast. This comes is 5 G beautiful bright red packets, & I bought 5. The leaf is a mix of black with gold, & of course, I love these small leaf Fujian teas anyway, so I’m sure I’ll love this one!
5G + 8oz X 1min/2min/& 5min
I plan to sample this tea using all of the methods that I enjoy, & see which one suites it best. I really wanted to go with the gongfu session, but I have things to do, places to go, people to see, so that will be reserved for maybe next time.
This session was very nice, & without going into to too much detail, the resulting tea was delicious: Somewhat floral, with a lightly tangy & shiny sensation on the top of my tongue, sweet & juicy underneath.

Now I’m off to move some rocks with my sons.

carol who

Move some rocks?

Terri HarpLady

Yeah! My oldest daughter & her husband, who live 1 block away, are redoing their patio again. The first time it was with a variety of sizes & shapes of rocks. Now they’ve decided to go with pavers, so they are giving me all the rocks, which is perfect, because I want them for landscaping! They’re also giving me a bunch of bricks, which I use in my garden.