2006 Nannuo Bama

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by JC
Boiling

1 Tasting Note View all

• “*Dry* - Wood and earth notes, some thin sweetness. *Wet* - Wet wood notes, some faint sweetness, faded floral. *Liquor* - Dark Amber *1st 7secs* - Woody, damp floor, musky and some savory notes...” Read full tasting note
    jcov 143 tasting notes

From Life In Teacup

2006 Nannuo Bama Arbor Tree Sheng

About Life In Teacup View company

1 Tasting Note

Dry – Wood and earth notes, some thin sweetness.
Wet – Wet wood notes, some faint sweetness, faded floral.
Liquor – Dark Amber

1st 7secs – Woody, damp floor, musky and some savory notes up front. As it goes down, it has some hints of sweetness but doesn’t quite delivers much, it feels thin and somewhat flat.

2nd 7secs – Cleaner woody, damp floor and some savory ‘mushroom’ notes up front; it feels cleaner but still not that pleasant. As it goes down, it has some more sweetness, but again it is flat although over some time there’s a faint floral note.

3rd 10secs – Same body up front and going down, the finish is slightly better, but still nothing I’d look for in a Nannuo cake.

Final Notes
This cake had to be stored in wetter conditions, it has lost much of the Nannuo character for its age and it feels rather flat, while I expected something sweeter, floral and thick with some age taste. It is a good tea if you like those wetter notes with out overly aggressive notes of really humid storage.

If you have time visit my blog
http://thetinmycup.blogspot.com/2006 Nannuo Bama Arbor Tree Sheng

Boiling
boychik

Thank you for the blog reference. Learn a lot today

TheTeaFairy

Agreed boychik, JC’s notes are always insightful :-)

JC

Thanks for taking the time to read my mini rants! LOL

boychik

Not rants, good reads;-)

Sammerz314

Very nice blog. I agree with the notion of “taste fatigue” =)

JC

Thanks for the positive feedback :) Sam, I was surprised at how I had noticed the ‘fatigue’, but never thought too much about it. When I finally did, I couldn’t describe it properly, the reddit post commenting on the beer article was perfect explaining it, and a I learned about beer.