Huang Jin Gui (Golden Osmanthus) Oolong Traditional Green Style

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Gingko (manager of Life in Teacup)

• “Leaves are dark green, they smell raster fresh grassy. Tea is very light yellow. Also smells grassy. Surprise, surprise, it tastes very grassy! It's quite delicious. First sip seamed a bit...” Read full tasting note
    malomorgen 224 tasting notes
  • “While it may hit the tongue sharply and distinctly grassy, the green citrus flavor of this tea transforms into a mouthful of sweetness almost like chewing on barely roasted nuts. ” Read full tasting note
    robc22 144 tasting notes
  • “Hmm. This tea smelled intriguingly nutty, but it tasted very weak. When I tried steeping it longer, it got distressingly bitter without getting any more flavorful. Probably I made it too weak --...” Read full tasting note
    Cait 216 tasting notes
  • “Backlog I drank this grandpa style as my last tea of the night last night. The leaves grew big big big and filled up the whole cup (one of my favorite things about oolongs). The aroma was slightly...” Read full tasting note
    Mandyyyy 294 tasting notes

From Life In Teacup

Golden Osmanthus Oolong (Huang Jin Gui) is named after sweet osmanthus, a flower that is fragrant and sweet. This oolong offers a floral fragrance and the tea has a light golden color when brewed. Fragrance of all our oolong products is the natural taste from the tea, without any additives.

The tea sold here was produced in spring season of 2009.

This tea was processed with traditional method. Unlike modern style light oxidized oolong, this tea doesn’t require fridge-storage. Room temperature without direct exposure to strong light will be perfect for storing this tea (sealed in pack) for up to 2 years.

About Life In Teacup View company

Leaves are dark green, they smell raster fresh grassy.

Tea is very light yellow. Also smells grassy.
Surprise, surprise, it tastes very grassy! It’s quite delicious. First sip seamed a bit watery but I changed my mind with the second one. It’s just as smooth as it should be. It only has a hint of nutty taste, mostly grassy tho. More green that oolongy.

(sipping further)

Leaves a really nice aftertaste in my mouth. Mhm, I like this one…

Hmm. This tea smelled intriguingly nutty, but it tasted very weak. When I tried steeping it longer, it got distressingly bitter without getting any more flavorful. Probably I made it too weak — I’m still figuring out the best way to judge proportions. I will definitely try it again, because a tea which tasted the way this smelled would be fantastic.

(Backlogged from Saturday.)

Backlog

I drank this grandpa style as my last tea of the night last night. The leaves grew big big big and filled up the whole cup (one of my favorite things about oolongs). The aroma was slightly roasty and gently floral. Flavor was a nice balanced floral, not to strong for someone like me who isn’t the biggest floral fan, but still evident enough to notice right off. There was also a smooth vegetal, almost grassy like note mid sip, and then the end was all fleshy nuts, like how I imagine chestnuts taste. Almost chewy, and lingered nice and long. The cup lasted several top off before I hit the sack, staying tasty the whole time. It’s always a nice surprise to find a more floral oolong that I actually enjoy!