Spiced Cinnamon Chai Black tea

Black Chai Blend
Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by Beckara

• “I read my past reviews of this tea because I remember thinking that it was a _decent chai._ Not the best, but good to have when I want a quick chai. This morning, however, I brewed it the way I...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 606 tasting notes
  • “My sister's co-worker gave her a free box of this tea. This morning I made it with unsweetened almond milk and agave nectar on the stove. Really good. A real treat. Not fancy but definitely a...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 744 tasting notes
  • “After being surprised by how good Lipton Black Pearl was I decided to try their pyramid chai tea. Sadly this is not made out of the same high quality tea base as Black Pearl but it is still...” Read full tasting note
    JohnGrebe 224 tasting notes
  • “I had this yesterday afternoon with my daughters for a tea party, and it was delightful. Easily one of the better bagged chais I've ever had. I'm having it this morning with breakfast, and it...” Read full tasting note
    wosret 108 tasting notes

From Lipton

“Distinctive and savoury, with an aroma full of spices. Perfect with milk or on it’s own.”

“Distinctif et savoureux, avec un arôme généreusement épicé. Parfait avec du lait ou nature.” – Lipton

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

I read my past reviews of this tea because I remember thinking that it was a decent chai. Not the best, but good to have when I want a quick chai.
This morning, however, I brewed it the way I like it and it didn’t turn out nice :/ It’s not strong and it has such a weird aftertaste. It tastes overly sweet for some reason, and I didn’t even put any sugar in it at all.
Not a good tea, happily a sipdown.

My sister’s co-worker gave her a free box of this tea. This morning I made it with unsweetened almond milk and agave nectar on the stove.
Really good. A real treat.
Not fancy but definitely a great use of a free tea.

After being surprised by how good Lipton Black Pearl was I decided to try their pyramid chai tea. Sadly this is not made out of the same high quality tea base as Black Pearl but it is still drinkable at least. The spice level is a bit low and bland when it comes to chai teas but not too bad as to give away the rest of the box. But it is a given that I will not be buying this tea again once it is empty.

I had this yesterday afternoon with my daughters for a tea party, and it was delightful. Easily one of the better bagged chais I’ve ever had. I’m having it this morning with breakfast, and it tastes really different. I don’t like it nearly ass much. What happened? Luck of the draw?

This is not a terrible cup of tea, but each bag is not nearly strong enough on its own to make a full cup. There needs to be more tea in the bag (and the bag needs to be bigger to give the larger amount of tea space to expand). In sum, a weak black tea. You’ll taste more spice than tea. Much better if brewed two bags at a time.

This is the tea that I keep in my desk at work, for those days I forget to bring something else with me. Really, it’s delightful!

It’s a nice, smooth, simple chai with just enough flavour that I’m a bit surprised it’s made by Liptons! Honestly, for a box of tea under $3.00, I was quite impressed.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more
Michelle Butler Hallett

Oooh, thanks for your notes on this one. I’ve almost bought it three times now but hesitate because I generally don’t care for what Lipton does to tea. Their Island Peach Mango White in the same pyramid-bag series, is drinkable, if strogly flavored.

Beckara

I feel the same about the Peach Mango, I’ll drink it but it isn’t a tea that I particularly enjoy. This IS a better Chai than I expected for the price I paid.

I recently got a box of this for my birthday and have had a few cups since. It is actually quite tasty I think. I dont know if I would buy it myself, but I am happy I got it. Smells great and has some cinnamon flavor but not overwhelming. I am not sure if I like Black Tea yet….a few more atstings and I may change my rating. Also decent for the price.

This tea is pretty decent for the price. I’ve taken to making soy lattes with it in the mornings, but I do find I have to add a bit of flavouring (vanilla extract, cinnamon) to make it tasty. The tea doesn’t hold up on its own but that’s kind of what you expect from a tea bag.

This is a really good tea. I wish it was a little stronger but it works.

Boiling 8 min or more

The only reason I have this is because I found it in a salvage grocery store for $1.45. The box was squished, but it wasn’t expired.

As far as bagged chais go, this isn’t the worst one I’ve tried. It also isn’t the best, of course. Cinnamon is the most dominant spice I can taste, while the other spices just sort of blend together in the background. I can hardly taste the base at all.

If you end up with this tea for whatever reason, you might wanna double-up on the amount of bags you’d normally use. It’s really weak and they were stingy with the spice. Or, you know, you could just skip it altogether.

Flavors: Cinnamon