Lipton Black Tea (Loose, 1/2 pound Box)

Edit tea info Last updated by Josh S.
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 64 oz / 1892 ml

• “ahhh... The PBR of the tea world. Nothing complex, compelling, or even interesting to this tea. It's brews your basic crowd-pleasing iced tea. It suits my needs by taking the place of my...” Read full tasting note
    Soloracer24 23 tasting notes
  • “I haven't had Lipton tea in years, but I discovered this at a local grocery store and it was on sale. I didn't realize Lipton produced a loose leaf version of their tea, at $4 for half a pound of...” Read full tasting note
    Robinhood 12 tasting notes

From Lipton

LIPTON black loose tea is the tea from where it all started. LIPTON orange pekoe and pekoe cut black tea is the perfect blend for the perfect cup of tea. Lipton’s original tea has been brewed for years for a reason – it tastes delicious. Plus, LIPTON orange pekoe and pekoe cut black tea contains 175 mg of tea flavonoids per 8 fluid ounce serving.”

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

ahhh… The PBR of the tea world.

Nothing complex, compelling, or even interesting to this tea. It’s brews your basic crowd-pleasing iced tea. It suits my needs by taking the place of my after-work beer as I try to get healthier, and at $4/8ounces you cant go wrong as it doesn’t try to be anything it’s not…

Boiling 6 min, 45 sec 7 tsp 64 OZ / 1892 ML

I haven’t had Lipton tea in years, but I discovered this at a local grocery store and it was on sale. I didn’t realize Lipton produced a loose leaf version of their tea, at $4 for half a pound of tea I figured I would give it a shot. I hardly ever add sweeteners to my tea, but one sip of this and I almost choked from the bitterness. I had forgotten how astringent Lipton was. Once sweetened with some honey it’s actually a semi-enjoyable breakfast tea. I don’t regret buying it, but it’s certainly not something I’ll be drinking on a daily basis.

Steeped at 30 sec, 1 min, and 2 min