Yellow Label

Edit tea info Last updated by stewart

From Lipton

Like the sun, the taste of Lipton® Yellow Label® tea gives you a gentle lift, brightening your day. Full of the natural goodness of the finest hand plucked tea leaves, our premium black tea is appreciated around the world for its uniquely refreshing taste.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

Crappiest black tea ever. It’s essentially water with a weak amount of caffeine. Not even adding cream could help this tea’s cause. Not a fan of Lipton black teas at all. The tea, once brewed, ends up being too watery and it’s not strong enough. Two negatives, which, in this case, does NOT make a positive. For shame Lipton, for shame. You shouldn’t be allowed to call yourself tea.

Wayne

I know it’s been a while since you posted this review, but are you sure the tea you tried was Lipton Yellow Label. It would say specifically on the box or on a little tag attached to the bag, the words “Yellow Label” – in the US where you are Lipton also has a tea called “Lipton Black Tea” which I’ve only heard negative reviews about (like this one) but it is not the same blend as “Yellow Label”, which is popular all over the world.

Meh. It’s boring, it’s bland, it’s everyday. It’s fine, doesn’t really stand out or anything, but when it comes down to it, it’s rather boring and quite bitter. I have a box and I won’t bin it, but I will also not buy this tea again.

My go-to brand for everyday tea drinking. It really depends on how you prepare it. Some like to steep it for five minutes straight. Others will only do it for two. Some add sugar, some add sweetener. Personally, I let it steep long enough to be almost bitter and don’t sweeten it at all. You really have to play to get comfortable and find your ideal point with this tea. You’ll have fun while drinking this tea.

195 °F / 90 °C 5 min, 15 sec 2 g 7 OZ / 200 ML

How i got it: Bought it

Experience: My everyday black tea, but i have to say, it’s a bit tricky. Depending on how you brew it, it can turn out fairly good, with a very balanced and clear flavor, or disappointing, leaving you with kind of a watery taste. But in the end, i would say is good overall.

Would i buy it again?: For my default tea, probably yes, until i find something better

Not thehighest quality tea in the world, but its cheap and it sure is tasty!

Some mornings are for the fanciful, flavoured teas. Some are for the refined. Yet others are for the basics; the lowly black teas from the supermarket shelves that claim to be nothing more than “tea”. On some mornings, these are just right to be cups of comfort and “home”. This is one of those mornings.

Normally, I doctor up this sort of tea, but today I’m having it clear.

Actually, that wasn’t a bad decision. While not the peak of refinement by any means, the tea is approachable, mainly earthy, and thankfully clear of the floral tones I sometimes find in black teas, and of which I’m not personally a fan. (If you are, that’s great. I just don’t find it the best taste personally.) It’s on the mild side, yes, but I expected that and appreciated it all the more clear for that.

Overall, I don’t think it’s a bad little cuppa at all.

not the one, if you like it strong.

Ok, but far from great. Much prefer English or Irish Breakfast.
Used it for iced tea in the summer and was great, either sweet or not.

i like the ones where you pull the two bits apart and it stops the teabag dripping? because i am messy like that.

Regular tea, the one I drink on a daily basis.