Yellow Label

Edit tea info Last updated by stewart

From Lipton

Like the sun, the taste of Lipton® Yellow Label® tea gives you a gentle lift, brightening your day. Full of the natural goodness of the finest hand plucked tea leaves, our premium black tea is appreciated around the world for its uniquely refreshing taste.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

Crappiest black tea ever. It’s essentially water with a weak amount of caffeine. Not even adding cream could help this tea’s cause. Not a fan of Lipton black teas at all. The tea, once brewed, ends up being too watery and it’s not strong enough. Two negatives, which, in this case, does NOT make a positive. For shame Lipton, for shame. You shouldn’t be allowed to call yourself tea.

Wayne

I know it’s been a while since you posted this review, but are you sure the tea you tried was Lipton Yellow Label. It would say specifically on the box or on a little tag attached to the bag, the words “Yellow Label” – in the US where you are Lipton also has a tea called “Lipton Black Tea” which I’ve only heard negative reviews about (like this one) but it is not the same blend as “Yellow Label”, which is popular all over the world.

In case anyone wondered where I’ve been over the last week, the answer is Europe! Specifically Poland. My dad had a conference there and I was lucky enough to tag along. I had a lot of fun but it’s good to be home. (And now I have a lot of backlog notes to do!)

It’s funny, but I’m pretty sure this is different than the Lipton we have in the US. Not drastically, but it’s smoother and less astringent. I had this several times, and two were worth commenting on: with raspberry juice and with preserves. The juice I only saw on one menu, but the preserves were on at least three and I got curious. It turns out to be a really smart and delicious way to sweeten plain tea; who doesn’t have jam sitting around somewhere? And Lipton is significantly better with some sugar of some kind in it.

Not my favorite but I’ll take what I can get at a friend’s house.

7 OZ / 207 ML

very neutral, and actually not too bad, but that doesn´t mean it´s OK, if you understand me here ;-) The usual stuff they put in the tray of the hotels where coffee and tea facilities are offered.

Meh. It’s boring, it’s bland, it’s everyday. It’s fine, doesn’t really stand out or anything, but when it comes down to it, it’s rather boring and quite bitter. I have a box and I won’t bin it, but I will also not buy this tea again.

My go-to brand for everyday tea drinking. It really depends on how you prepare it. Some like to steep it for five minutes straight. Others will only do it for two. Some add sugar, some add sweetener. Personally, I let it steep long enough to be almost bitter and don’t sweeten it at all. You really have to play to get comfortable and find your ideal point with this tea. You’ll have fun while drinking this tea.

195 °F / 90 °C 5 min, 15 sec 2 g 7 OZ / 200 ML

How i got it: Bought it

Experience: My everyday black tea, but i have to say, it’s a bit tricky. Under the right conditions, it can turn out pretty good, with a very balanced, well defined and rich flavor. On the other hand, it has the potential to be disappointing, leaving you with kind of a watery taste. In the end, i would stick with the ‘good’ rating.

Would i buy it again?: It has stayed as my evening tea for long, so the answer will be’ yes’ until i find something better for the same price.

Not thehighest quality tea in the world, but its cheap and it sure is tasty!

Some mornings are for the fanciful, flavoured teas. Some are for the refined. Yet others are for the basics; the lowly black teas from the supermarket shelves that claim to be nothing more than “tea”. On some mornings, these are just right to be cups of comfort and “home”. This is one of those mornings.

Normally, I doctor up this sort of tea, but today I’m having it clear.

Actually, that wasn’t a bad decision. While not the peak of refinement by any means, the tea is approachable, mainly earthy, and thankfully clear of the floral tones I sometimes find in black teas, and of which I’m not personally a fan. (If you are, that’s great. I just don’t find it the best taste personally.) It’s on the mild side, yes, but I expected that and appreciated it all the more clear for that.

Overall, I don’t think it’s a bad little cuppa at all.

not the one, if you like it strong.