Superfruit White Mangosteen with Peach

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Kiaharii

• “Don't judge me, this is another free tea from my school's health services, and tea help me, I like it. This means that I should probably seek out some peach tea that isn't just sawdust. Mangosteen...” Read full tasting note
    lisbet 267 tasting notes
  • “I entered this with low expectations, a vague hope for some mangosteen flavor in mind, and settled for a pleasant peach flavor with a phantom astringancy to assure me there was some tea in there...” Read full tasting note
    Batrachoid 177 tasting notes
  • “I loved this green. It actually has less antioxidants than the regular green which doesn't make loads of sense since it's marketed as superfruit but okayyyy. Anyway, it's fruity and light and I...” Read full tasting note
    Superanna 9 tasting notes
  • “Just a simple green tea with a hint of fruit. Not bad, I quite like the combination of tastes... but it does still have the classic lipton lack of flavor.” Read full tasting note
    flowering 1104 tasting notes

From Lipton

Lipton knows that a great cup of tea starts with the tea leaves. Our All Natural green tea blend is selected from the freshest high-grown tea leaves and is packed with protective flavonoid antioxidants. And by drinking a cup of Lipton, you’re not just taking care of yourself. We’ve sourced over 80% of this tea from Rainforest Alliance Certified tea estates that meet rigorous criteria for protecting the land and providing better conditions for workers, their families and their communities.

Green Tea, Natural Flavor, Soy Lecithin, Sunflower Lecithin, Peach Juice Solids, Concentrated Mangosteen Juice.

Directions
For a cup of hot green tea: Bring cold water to a boil and pour over tea bag. Brew 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or to desired strength. Remove tea bag; sweeten to taste. For a Quart of iced green tea: Use 4 ta bags. Brew as above, using 4 cups boiling water.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

Don’t judge me, this is another free tea from my school’s health services, and tea help me, I like it. This means that I should probably seek out some peach tea that isn’t just sawdust. Mangosteen and peach are such similar tastes to me that it really doesn’t matter if there’s mangosteen in here. And quite frankly, I’m not kidding myself that I’m gaining any superfruit health benefits from this.

Lipton’s superfruit tea blends actually (almost all) look really tasty though. I can see buying a few of them and hiding them in the back of my cabinet where nobody will ever know. Except, I guess my husband would know. And he’d laugh.
This tastes better than the Republic of Tea bags have lately; those are too weak. Every so often one is super tasty and then they suck me in again… but I have this theory about bagged tea in general- the bag you try somewhere randomly, on a whim is delicious. So you buy a box. And then nothing that comes out of that box is ever as delicious as the teaser-bag you got. Since my Whole Foods often has random free tea bags out by the coffee, this happens to me a lot.
(But the employees like it when you return tea to the store because they get to divide up returned items like that. Or, that’s what a friend who works at WF told me.)

I entered this with low expectations, a vague hope for some mangosteen flavor in mind, and settled for a pleasant peach flavor with a phantom astringancy to assure me there was some tea in there somewhere. But no mangosteen.

I loved this green. It actually has less antioxidants than the regular green which doesn’t make loads of sense since it’s marketed as superfruit but okayyyy. Anyway, it’s fruity and light and I thought it was good. Didn’t try it iced, but I bet it would be great.

Just a simple green tea with a hint of fruit. Not bad, I quite like the combination of tastes… but it does still have the classic lipton lack of flavor.

As others have noted, this does have the typical lack of tea flavor exhibited by most Lipton teas. The peach flavor is most prevalent, with just a hint of green tea behind it. It’s not bad, but it’s not leaping to the top of my list, either.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

So I’m trying to get rid of these and used about four up last doing cold brew iced tea. This steeped at a little over 48 hours.

Still a very light taste, the peach is not quite as overwhelming. I can’t even taste the mangosteen (possibly not even sure what that tastes like).

Pretty much a “bleh” tea. I had bought these bags when I didn’t know much about tea, so it’s about time to use them up and never think of them again. ;)

Iced 8 min or more

Dammit. Duplicated teas will be the death of me. Copying my tasting note and rating here, and will delete the other one.

Out of all of the “Colour X with…” superfruit green teas that Lipton has, this one is by far my favourite. It does taste peachy, with a little “something else” (mangosteen? Perhaps “artificial mangosteen flavour” since it sure doesn’t taste much like the fruit to me) added in for good measure. What would be so bad about just a peach green tea?! Nothing in my books. Mmm, peach.

As far as bagged tea goes, the quality of this one isn’t all that bad. Sure, I don’t ever expect the best green tea I’ve had in my life when I open a box of Lipton’s, but I don’t ever expect to be disappointed, either. And this one lived up to my mediocre standards, perhaps even surpassed them a bit. Since I like having bagged teas around for the “ADD IT TO CUP OF BOILING HOT WATER OUT OF KETTLE! RUN TO MEETING!!! RUUUUNNNN!!!!” times, I think I might keep it around.

Verdict: would re-buy.

Fruit-flavored teas are easily hit or miss – the fruit being too overpowering or not even recognizable – but the peach and mangosteen in this tea were very delicate and smelled wonderful. When I’m in the mood for a light tea, this is one that I always go to.

I find the flavors of the mangosteen and peach blend together well (I can taste the difference between the two, but they do both have a similar flavor). I like it with just a touch of sugar to sweeten it up a bit.