Pure Leaf unsweetened

Edit tea info Last updated by gmathis

• “I have been writing and sending resumes all afternoon. My brain hurts. My wife brought this one home. Apparently it was on sale. Gmathis is pretty much correct on this one, although I have had...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1246 tasting notes
  • “It's vile. Liquid chilled preservatives and citric acid. You could clean floors with it. Unfortunately, my husband likes it. I'm not a Lipton hater--good old basic black loose tea and their...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1687 tasting notes
  • “I had some of this at work. It might be because I had to work a 6.5 hour day with no break and was able to take a 10 to eat something, so anything would taste good, but I didn't find this to be too...” Read full tasting note
    Ze_Tea4 119 tasting notes
  • “I have been wanting to give this a try as it seems there has been a recent marketing campaign for it in my area. Even though the reviews for Pure Leaf were pretty poor, I still thought I would...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 753 tasting notes

From Lipton

Fresh brewed, Pure Leaf™ Iced Tea is made from the finest ingredients available. This all natural iced tea begins with the freshest tea leaves picked at their peak. The leaves are then hand-selected by our Master Tea Blenders for their distinctive and smooth flavor.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

I have been writing and sending resumes all afternoon. My brain hurts.

My wife brought this one home. Apparently it was on sale. Gmathis is pretty much correct on this one, although I have had worse. I will add it tastes sour. I like plain ol’ Lipton Brisk tea iced. It is a family thing. This one – I’ll ask my wife to pass on the sale up next time. I still have 5 bottles left to drink (shiver). I’ll save the bottles and cold brew something a lot better in them. They are 18.5 ounces – which is a nice size for iced. There Bonnie I found a way to say something nice about this one. I too hate not finding something positive to say. No rating. Not worth sliding the little thingy for it.

gmathis

My tongue is crinkling just thinking about it. Blech!

ashmanra

Lol! Good idea to keep the bottles! You could cold brew a puerh. I did it like Bonnie said with Mengku Palace and it was sooo good – tasted wetter than water somehow!

It’s vile. Liquid chilled preservatives and citric acid. You could clean floors with it. Unfortunately, my husband likes it.

I’m not a Lipton hater—good old basic black loose tea and their pyramid bag series get my thumbs up—but this venture into bottled wasn’t a good one.

Mercuryhime

My problem with bottled teas is pretty much the citric acid. They all use it and it just ruins the tea for me. :( even high end bottled stuff!

I had some of this at work. It might be because I had to work a 6.5 hour day with no break and was able to take a 10 to eat something, so anything would taste good, but I didn’t find this to be too bad. It just kinda taste like Lipton tea with a lemony after taste; thought that is probably the citric acid use to preserve it.

Basically I wouldn’t always reach for it or want it at all. However if you want just a plain brisk unsweetened tea, it’s not bad. At least it wasn’t super astringent.

I have been wanting to give this a try as it seems there has been a recent marketing campaign for it in my area. Even though the reviews for Pure Leaf were pretty poor, I still thought I would give it a try. I like cold/iced tea about as much as (maybe even better than) hot tea.

I was quite surprised to walk by the display for Pure Leaf te and see the advertised "NEW’ unsweetened version. So I picked up a bottle. It is called “Pure Leaf” and the ingredients list tea, but also citric acid. So much for the “pure” part. But I guess there could be worse ingredients in there.

For what it is, a bottled tea, it is not terrible. It is not great either. The tea is pretty flat tasting. I know it is an unsweetened version but I was expected a bit better base tea. (I should have known better though). I can definitely taste the citric acid. It just gives it that tinge of artificialness to it.

I have definitely had better bottled iced teas, but nothing is as good as a homemade iced tea!

There are worse bottled iced teas out there (I’m looking at you, Gold Peak).

I appreciate that they have an unsweetened variety, which is hard to find. But if you’re looking for an actual good iced tea, you have other options, whether homemade or commercial.