Pure Leaf unsweetened

Edit tea info Last updated by gmathis

• “I have been writing and sending resumes all afternoon. My brain hurts. My wife brought this one home. Apparently it was on sale. Gmathis is pretty much correct on this one, although I have had...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1158 tasting notes
  • “It's vile. Liquid chilled preservatives and citric acid. You could clean floors with it. Unfortunately, my husband likes it. I'm not a Lipton hater--good old basic black loose tea and their...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1625 tasting notes
  • “I had some of this at work. It might be because I had to work a 6.5 hour day with no break and was able to take a 10 to eat something, so anything would taste good, but I didn't find this to be too...” Read full tasting note
    Ze_Tea4 119 tasting notes
  • “There are worse bottled iced teas out there (I'm looking at you, Gold Peak). I appreciate that they have an unsweetened variety, which is hard to find. But if you're looking for an actual good...” Read full tasting note
    35mmfilm 17 tasting notes

From Lipton

Fresh brewed, Pure Leaf™ Iced Tea is made from the finest ingredients available. This all natural iced tea begins with the freshest tea leaves picked at their peak. The leaves are then hand-selected by our Master Tea Blenders for their distinctive and smooth flavor.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

I have been writing and sending resumes all afternoon. My brain hurts.

My wife brought this one home. Apparently it was on sale. Gmathis is pretty much correct on this one, although I have had worse. I will add it tastes sour. I like plain ol’ Lipton Brisk tea iced. It is a family thing. This one – I’ll ask my wife to pass on the sale up next time. I still have 5 bottles left to drink (shiver). I’ll save the bottles and cold brew something a lot better in them. They are 18.5 ounces – which is a nice size for iced. There Bonnie I found a way to say something nice about this one. I too hate not finding something positive to say. No rating. Not worth sliding the little thingy for it.

gmathis

My tongue is crinkling just thinking about it. Blech!

ashmanra

Lol! Good idea to keep the bottles! You could cold brew a puerh. I did it like Bonnie said with Mengku Palace and it was sooo good – tasted wetter than water somehow!

It’s vile. Liquid chilled preservatives and citric acid. You could clean floors with it. Unfortunately, my husband likes it.

I’m not a Lipton hater—good old basic black loose tea and their pyramid bag series get my thumbs up—but this venture into bottled wasn’t a good one.

Mercuryhime

My problem with bottled teas is pretty much the citric acid. They all use it and it just ruins the tea for me. :( even high end bottled stuff!

I had some of this at work. It might be because I had to work a 6.5 hour day with no break and was able to take a 10 to eat something, so anything would taste good, but I didn’t find this to be too bad. It just kinda taste like Lipton tea with a lemony after taste; thought that is probably the citric acid use to preserve it.

Basically I wouldn’t always reach for it or want it at all. However if you want just a plain brisk unsweetened tea, it’s not bad. At least it wasn’t super astringent.

There are worse bottled iced teas out there (I’m looking at you, Gold Peak).

I appreciate that they have an unsweetened variety, which is hard to find. But if you’re looking for an actual good iced tea, you have other options, whether homemade or commercial.