Orange Pekoe

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Lipton

Standard basic black. Somewhat bitter without sugar, but good and warm.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

My normal morning cup of tea with a little milk and sugar. I’m definitely ready to start exploring new teas…

laurenpressley

Oh! and I have another website for you! :) If you’re looking for a timer I love the one here: http://steep.it/

takgoti

Oh my god. Love steep.it. So handy.

Jillian

If you don’t mind a few suggestions, if you’re looking for looseleaf a good place to start might be Adagio Teas. If you want to stick with bagged something like Mighty Leaf would be a step up from Lipton. :)

owense

I’m definitely looking for suggestions. I’m just not sure what to get once I get to adagio or mighty leaf. :)

Jillian

Honestly I think that tea is highly dependant on personal preferences. If you read other peoples’ tea logs, a tea one person raves about will be loathed by another person.

Adagio makes a HUGE variety of flavoured teas. The good thing about the site is that they let you buy samples for $2-3 so if you decide you don’t like a tea it’s not a huge waste. I’m fairly new to the world of good-quality tea myself so what I’m doing is trying a wide variety of different brands and types of tea to decide what I like.

So I guess the point of that long, rambly post, is to just experiment with your tea and have fun. :)

Auggy

Jillian’s right – Adagio sample tins are a great place to start to figure out what you like! If the variety of their teas is intimidating (because they have a lot!), give their pre- grouped sampler sets a whirl. I would suggest their black sampler especially since it has a good variety of black tea types. The oolong savant sampler is good too. Anyway, things like that are a great way to find out what you like and don’t before you buy larger quantities and can even help you figure out what types of teas you want to sample next.

A good standard black tea, readily available in most places.