Lipton Black Tea

Tea, Honey, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by lampbane

From Lipton

The tea that started it all. LIPTON Orange Pekoe and Pekoe cut black tea is the perfect blend for the perfect cup of tea. Our original tea has been brewed for years for a reason: it tastes delicious.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

Everyone seems to hate this tea, But given the choice It may be my second favorite tea still, Granted, I dont brew it for long, and I add lits of sugar. But I still enjoy it if theses nothing else.

As others have said here, this is better than no tea at all, but nothing to write home about. I have a handful of the teabags left from restaurant visits (they bring me two, I use one, pocket the other for later), so I’m trying to be thrifty and use some of it up. At least I started out the morning with one of my favorites before moving to this!

I poured a couple of teaspoons of honey to counter this cough I’ve acquired over the recent weekend. Needless to say, all I could taste was the honey. Bland as a black bowtie, this teabag.

Grandma boiled this one up with heaps of sugar and served on ice. Southern style. It’s not good for you but tastes good.

This one is a classic. The first tea I ever had, though it was decaf back then (mother didn’t want mer 8 year old tea drinking bouncing off the walls I suppose). We use this for everything in my house. Hot, iced, black, lemon, milk with sugar or honey, you name it. When we make a batch of iced tea with this blend, we heat it up in a pot on the stove, often with a few sprigs of fresh mint from the herb garden. If that isn’t available, we’ll add a bag of Peppermint tea to the pot, or Raspberry, or Peach. Usually when we make iced, however, we do use the decaf, because everyone in the house likes to drink it, but not all of us like to be caffeinated that often.

I think this comic pretty much sums this tea up:

I will only drink Lipton if I have no other choice. It’s sour and has a lingering astringency that turns me off. It would probably be ok as an iced tea with lots of sugar and lemon, but as a hot tea it’s a last resort.

Great tasting tea for a generic

I hate this stuff. When I went to Japan I was surprised at how much less nasty the Lipton products were. Why, Lipton America?! It’s better than those horrible store-brand tea bags, but still not worth the effort. I’d honestly rather just drink water.