Lipton Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by lampbane

From Lipton

The tea that started it all. LIPTON Orange Pekoe and Pekoe cut black tea is the perfect blend for the perfect cup of tea. Our original tea has been brewed for years for a reason: it tastes delicious.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

Had this at a hospital tonight- only choice, but glad that I at least had a choice besides coffee. It was a tea bag (not loose like the picture) and not bad considering that it’s cheap and generic. For basic black tea it seems to be fine- I drank if straight and it tasted pretty good! My mom has been drinking Lipton tea for as long as I can remember, so I do have a “warm fuzzy” about this tea. :)

Cofftea

Awww! That’s one thing I love about tea. Even the worst tea can have great memories behind it. I hope the reason for your hospital visit wasn’t serious!

This tea is very neutral. It will satisfy one’s craving for a hot beverage, but it’s got a rather uninteresting flavor. I think it’s not really Lipton’s fault, though; straight “hot tea” seems to me sort of tame and wimpy, the milquetoast of tea, the lowly shepherd-boy of teas, the palette-cleanser that you would sip between sampling multiple varieties of “worthy” teas. It’s probably better sweetened, or as a meal accompaniment, rather than a stand-alone beverage.

…But it’s tea. So I must soften my review and give it some love. <3.

Missed my morning Yorkshire Gold the other day, and didn’t want to get into my work stash, so I picked out the tea that they have at the office—Lipton. Brewed for 3.5 minutes with one packet of sugar. When I drank it, I mentally quoted Sherlock: “surprisingly ok.” Nothing great, and it has a bit of a strange peppery quality, but I was expecting something absolutely terrible based on most of the reviews here (I’d had it as a kid, but not since). I compare it to a decent American adjunct lager in the world of craft beer—not something I’d go out of my way to drink, but not something I’d avoid if I were offered one.

It reminded me of a dirty floor. A very vivid image of a tea factory worker sweeping the floor for the dust and fannings of processed loose leaf tea and then pouring that into a large bag came to mind. Strange mixture of flavors – dirt, corrupted earth, rotting leaves. I had forgotten what bad tea tasted like… and I completely understand why people add things like milk and sugar to their Lipton.
Oh well… what else should you expect from a Comedy club when you order tea from their drinks menu? It was a great night despite the tea. :)

boychik

I’m glad you had a good time.

Bagged tea sipdown. I usually just drink Lipton Iced, as I hate bagged teas hot. But I did this one at 212 degrees, let the water cool 5 min, then steeped for literally 60sec. Tastes fine. Pretty cheap flavor, but not strong or bitter.

Generic tea, nothing special. But beggars can’t be choosers, when this is usually given for free in the plane, meetings, conferences, or the lounge area at the office.

Delicious with a little sugar and maple syrup.

I had to make this the first tea I rated, because it was the first tea I ever drank. I will keep this short. It isn’t the worst tea I ever had, it isn’t the best. It is still around so they must be doing something right and to the fact that I would not be an avid tea drinker today without them, I pay them homage. A final note, my Grandmother, who introduced me to tea, has recently switched to Tetley. I Hate Tetley, so thanks for introducing me when you did Grandma!

I admit, I’m biased when it comes to this tea. I grew up drinking this tea; both hot and cold. Compared to other plain black teas, it’s not very strong, but if you’re looking for a simple, inexpensive black tea to keep around, I’d recommend this one, because it works as sweet tea, plain tea, and even a nice hot cup with a dash of milk and some sugar. You can’t go wrong with Lipton.

Apparently I am not the only one who is not a fan of this tea. For some reason, Lipton black tea gets a funky, bitter, almost rotten taste after being stored in plastic bottles for over a week. Of course, this could be the result of the bottles I’m storing it in, but I would not expect for it to become undrinkable. If I use the tea within a week, it is okay. There is nothing particularly outstanding about the way the black tea tastes, but it is drinkable if you’re in a pinch or if it is all you have on hand.

Iced