Lipton Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by lampbane

From Lipton

The tea that started it all. LIPTON Orange Pekoe and Pekoe cut black tea is the perfect blend for the perfect cup of tea. Our original tea has been brewed for years for a reason: it tastes delicious.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

Had this at a hospital tonight- only choice, but glad that I at least had a choice besides coffee. It was a tea bag (not loose like the picture) and not bad considering that it’s cheap and generic. For basic black tea it seems to be fine- I drank if straight and it tasted pretty good! My mom has been drinking Lipton tea for as long as I can remember, so I do have a “warm fuzzy” about this tea. :)

Cofftea

Awww! That’s one thing I love about tea. Even the worst tea can have great memories behind it. I hope the reason for your hospital visit wasn’t serious!

This tea is very neutral. It will satisfy one’s craving for a hot beverage, but it’s got a rather uninteresting flavor. I think it’s not really Lipton’s fault, though; straight “hot tea” seems to me sort of tame and wimpy, the milquetoast of tea, the lowly shepherd-boy of teas, the palette-cleanser that you would sip between sampling multiple varieties of “worthy” teas. It’s probably better sweetened, or as a meal accompaniment, rather than a stand-alone beverage.

…But it’s tea. So I must soften my review and give it some love.

Horrible, absolutely no flavor….this has nothing to do with liking higher end teas. It literally has no flavor. It used to be better…

Got a box of 100 for really cheap. Its been a couple years, and this is finally my last cup of it. It’s basic and theres nothing truly wrong with it, but lets just say I will never drink a cup of this ever again :)

I was surprised at how drinkable this was. I am visiting family and this is the tea they had at breakfast at the hotel. I am just glad I could make a strong cup, even if it isn’t super tasty!

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Missed my morning Yorkshire Gold the other day, and didn’t want to get into my work stash, so I picked out the tea that they have at the office—Lipton. Brewed for 3.5 minutes with one packet of sugar. When I drank it, I mentally quoted Sherlock: “surprisingly ok.” Nothing great, and it has a bit of a strange peppery quality, but I was expecting something absolutely terrible based on most of the reviews here (I’d had it as a kid, but not since). I compare it to a decent American adjunct lager in the world of craft beer—not something I’d go out of my way to drink, but not something I’d avoid if I were offered one.

It reminded me of a dirty floor. A very vivid image of a tea factory worker sweeping the floor for the dust and fannings of processed loose leaf tea and then pouring that into a large bag came to mind. Strange mixture of flavors – dirt, corrupted earth, rotting leaves. I had forgotten what bad tea tasted like… and I completely understand why people add things like milk and sugar to their Lipton.
Oh well… what else should you expect from a Comedy club when you order tea from their drinks menu? It was a great night despite the tea. :)

boychik

I’m glad you had a good time.

Bagged tea sipdown. I usually just drink Lipton Iced, as I hate bagged teas hot. But I did this one at 212 degrees, let the water cool 5 min, then steeped for literally 60sec. Tastes fine. Pretty cheap flavor, but not strong or bitter.

Generic tea, nothing special. But beggars can’t be choosers, when this is usually given for free in the plane, meetings, conferences, or the lounge area at the office.

Delicious with a little sugar and maple syrup.