Lipton Black Tea

Tea, Honey, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by lampbane

From Lipton

The tea that started it all. LIPTON Orange Pekoe and Pekoe cut black tea is the perfect blend for the perfect cup of tea. Our original tea has been brewed for years for a reason: it tastes delicious.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

Had this at a hospital tonight- only choice, but glad that I at least had a choice besides coffee. It was a tea bag (not loose like the picture) and not bad considering that it’s cheap and generic. For basic black tea it seems to be fine- I drank if straight and it tasted pretty good! My mom has been drinking Lipton tea for as long as I can remember, so I do have a “warm fuzzy” about this tea. :)

Awww! That’s one thing I love about tea. Even the worst tea can have great memories behind it. I hope the reason for your hospital visit wasn’t serious!

This tea is very neutral. It will satisfy one’s craving for a hot beverage, but it’s got a rather uninteresting flavor. I think it’s not really Lipton’s fault, though; straight “hot tea” seems to me sort of tame and wimpy, the milquetoast of tea, the lowly shepherd-boy of teas, the palette-cleanser that you would sip between sampling multiple varieties of “worthy” teas. It’s probably better sweetened, or as a meal accompaniment, rather than a stand-alone beverage.

…But it’s tea. So I must soften my review and give it some love. <3.

I really enjoy this tea. My staff and I have it on a weekly basis with a little lemon and honey. I will say however, it is really good to have during one of those hectic work days that seem to go on forever.

This was the only tea we had, but tea is tea and I needed some. The flavor is hard to pin down, but to me it tastes burnt. It’s not a good tea but some better tea is on the way, thankfully.

Good “go to” black tea for everyday drinkers. Although I would recommend Twinings or Four O’Clock for a better taste profile, those will hurt your pocketbook a bit more. Strong enough flavor without becoming too bitter. Better for iced tea as the bitterness of the tea is more easily perceived when consumed hot.

Iced 8 min or more

Pretty good iced with sugar and lemon, but so is just plain water. Growing up my mom would drink this every single morning with stevia and a splash of milk, so it does have the nostalgia factor :)

Flavors: Tea

I love reading the reviews of this tea. The loose type is a smidge better than the bags, but not by a lot. Got my fill of this during a week-long stay in a psych ward at a hospital (don’t ask). I love that nearly everyone here that has reviewed this didn’t buy it on purpose, or if they did, simply had no other choice. Isn’t that the case with this tea most of the time? I find little enjoyment drinking Lipton’s stuff. What I have of it is now mixed with a steamed Darjeeling and a bold Assam that drowns the taste of this (yes, I am a type that will use the tea somehow, no matter what).

Nothing spectacular. You won’t spit it out in disgust but it’s not the best brew out there. Pretty standard black tea.

Flavors: Tea

Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 11 OZ / 330 ML

This is all the hospital I’m at has on my floor and life is hell.

200 °F / 93 °C 5 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

I always drink this tea either after i workout or when its cold outside..this is the best black tea I’ve ever had.

Flavors: Honey, Sugar