Lipton Black Tea

Tea, Honey, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by lampbane

From Lipton

The tea that started it all. LIPTON Orange Pekoe and Pekoe cut black tea is the perfect blend for the perfect cup of tea. Our original tea has been brewed for years for a reason: it tastes delicious.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

Apparently I am not the only one who is not a fan of this tea. For some reason, Lipton black tea gets a funky, bitter, almost rotten taste after being stored in plastic bottles for over a week. Of course, this could be the result of the bottles I’m storing it in, but I would not expect for it to become undrinkable. If I use the tea within a week, it is okay. There is nothing particularly outstanding about the way the black tea tastes, but it is drinkable if you’re in a pinch or if it is all you have on hand.

Iced

So I had a long day out(17 hour work day) and someone I was with was sent to get tea, came back with lipton, knew that this could happen. I haven’t had it in years, first sip and I just spit it out, tasted like someone took part of one tea leaf and put it in a bad with a bunch of dirt, it tastes like dirty water.

This is a lot coming from me because I can pretty much enjoy most brands of cheap tea even though I prefer quality.

WORST BRAND OF TEA EVER, store brands beat this, I don’t remember it being this bad, did they change something?

I grew up drinking Lipton black tea, so it’s nostalgic if nothing else. But, it’s my standard, cheap black tea. Also, it reminds me of my preferred bike touring meal at diners; salad, blt, fries and a hot cup of black tea. mmm.

one of the few teas i have with milk. a good standby when i can’t be bothered to fiddle with loose leaf teas, which is not very often.

It’s a cheap, old faithful. I come back to this because I was raised on it. Several of my friends want a tea they can put milk and sugar in, so we find this does a more than adequate job.

I used to like this stuff until I started drinking loose leaf. Now I sometimes have trouble putting a cup of this down.

A tea to drink when you just need a cup, but it is to the better teas like cheap wine is to expensive.

This is a fine tea, but not the same as the similarly packaged Yellow Lipton I really really enjoyed in Pakistan and India. Clearly a different tea mix for a different area. Anyone have any idea how to get the "Asian version of the standard Lipton Yellow Box?

I’m back to drinking Lipton as hot tea. I add Bigelow’s herbal tea to the brew for iced.

Can’t seem to find a tea that suits me better than Lipton!