Lipton Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by lampbane

From Lipton

The tea that started it all. LIPTON Orange Pekoe and Pekoe cut black tea is the perfect blend for the perfect cup of tea. Our original tea has been brewed for years for a reason: it tastes delicious.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

As i’m sure with a lot of people this tea was what started me down my love of teas! I drink it with milk and it tastes fine with or without sugar(coming from someone who started off drinking it with two heaped teaspoons of sugar and slowly downgraded my sugar ratio to none)I don’t have it very often anymore as i now have 17 different teas to choose from rather than two (black or green)but i still enjoy it just as much as i did when i started drinking tea!

Had a cup at lunchin the cafeteria. Tried to pour in the half & half first to suppress the sawdusty taste – I think it got worse.

So many negative reviews! As I saw one other reviewer say, this was my gateway drug to tea and typically my go-to when I’m at home. I have it both hot and cold (I’m from the South and a sweet-tea-a-holic.) and I think it’s a good basic tea. A good, cheap, basic tea.

not the best black tea by far, but acceptable

This is the tea that started it all for me, so it has a special place in my heart. Sure it might not be the best tea ever, but whenever I smell it, or drink it, it is just “tea” to me.

This was the first tea I ever had, as it was always in the family cupboard. Since, I have tried various sugar to liquid ratios and found one that works well. The only problem is quality control. Some cups are EXCELLENT and others are absolutely horrible. The flavour is very impressionable. More so than any other tea I have had.

It’s an okay cuppa. Also, it was the first of two teas I drank at Sue Kolve’s Salon. I guess, it’s just basically a CUP O’ TEA. Sadly, I don’t believe it’s Chinese or British-made but for an American cup it’s good.

I had this while waiting for a job interview a year or so ago. It was bitter and flavorless. To be fair, it probably had been sitting in that box for a very long time.

This can be had for about $4 per 100 bags at the local CVS on occasion, so I typically make Southern-style sweet iced tea from it. I’d never dream of drinking it hot – it’s not particularly bad, but it is exceedingly bland.
-Cash

I give it more than zero only because it can inject caffeine into my system at 3 o’ clock when there are no other teas available. Other than that, it tastes like nothing. When people say that they “don’t like tea,” it’s usually because all they know is Lipton.

Boiling 8 min or more