Lipton Black Tea

Honey, Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by lampbane

From Lipton

The tea that started it all. LIPTON Orange Pekoe and Pekoe cut black tea is the perfect blend for the perfect cup of tea. Our original tea has been brewed for years for a reason: it tastes delicious.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

I used to like this stuff until I started drinking loose leaf. Now I sometimes have trouble putting a cup of this down.

A tea to drink when you just need a cup, but it is to the better teas like cheap wine is to expensive.

This is a fine tea, but not the same as the similarly packaged Yellow Lipton I really really enjoyed in Pakistan and India. Clearly a different tea mix for a different area. Anyone have any idea how to get the "Asian version of the standard Lipton Yellow Box?

I’m back to drinking Lipton as hot tea. I add Bigelow’s herbal tea to the brew for iced.

Can’t seem to find a tea that suits me better than Lipton!

Bleugh! My first cup of this — I’ll never forget it — was in Miami, at a posh tennis club. I was thirteen, on holiday with my family, and thought I’d act grown up by ordering a pot of tea. The tea came already bagged in the cup; the water was ‘lukehot’; the pot was metal and had one of those godawful lids that leaks all over Creation when you pour. ~ I have to admit: I’ve never had a decent cuppa in the US, unless I made it myself.

As i’m sure with a lot of people this tea was what started me down my love of teas! I drink it with milk and it tastes fine with or without sugar(coming from someone who started off drinking it with two heaped teaspoons of sugar and slowly downgraded my sugar ratio to none)I don’t have it very often anymore as i now have 17 different teas to choose from rather than two (black or green)but i still enjoy it just as much as i did when i started drinking tea!

Had a cup at lunchin the cafeteria. Tried to pour in the half & half first to suppress the sawdusty taste – I think it got worse.

So many negative reviews! As I saw one other reviewer say, this was my gateway drug to tea and typically my go-to when I’m at home. I have it both hot and cold (I’m from the South and a sweet-tea-a-holic.) and I think it’s a good basic tea. A good, cheap, basic tea.

not the best black tea by far, but acceptable