Decaffeinated Hot Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by goodTea
Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

• “I haven't been feeling that great today. So more plain tea with sugar! My ear hurts and I have a lump on the left side of my throat like my sinuses are swelled up in that spot. Why do I keep...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 526 tasting notes
  • “Denny's just opened in town. So we abandoned our usual Saturday breakfast spot to try the new place. It was ok. Not sure how two $4 breakfasts turns in to almost $15 by adding a cup of coffee and a...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1303 tasting notes
  • “Alright do not judge me, I know this tea is nothing special on it's own. But it is perfect for making your own tea creations. At camp this summer, I had no tea, so every morning, I would mix my...” Read full tasting note
    vicki_guillem 23 tasting notes
  • “Not the best tea I've ever drank, but honestly, one of the best at the grocery store. It does influence my rating and enjoyment of this tea that my mom and dad only use Lipton in their sweet tea...” Read full tasting note
    tessiekat 7 tasting notes

From Lipton

Unlike other leading brands, LIPTON Teas are decaffeinated naturally with pure spring water. Pour it on ice for a refreshing beverage that tastes great and fits into your healthy lifestyle. And speaking of healthy, all natural LIPTON teas contain protective flavonoid antioxidants.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

I haven’t been feeling that great today. So more plain tea with sugar! My ear hurts and I have a lump on the left side of my throat like my sinuses are swelled up in that spot. Why do I keep getting sick? I wasn’t sick for my last two years in college unless you count my gallbladder removal surgery that fixed all my problems. Now it feels like I can’t keep away from the doctor for two months. At least I like her. (And yes, I’m going tomorrow so all you Steepster mommies don’t have to worry)

Good news: I finally got my driver’s test scheduled and it is the day before my birthday. I need to practice parallel parking some more, but I am certain that if I just don’t panic, I will pass it with flying colors.

ashmanra

You go, girl!

Daniel Scott

Good luck!

Ninavampi

I am sure you will do great! :)

ashmanra

In NC, they don’t make you parallel park anymore in the test!

MegWesley

The kicker is that I used to live in NC too. We moved before I was old enough to take the test. :) Thanks to the rest of you! Support is the best!

Denny’s just opened in town. So we abandoned our usual Saturday breakfast spot to try the new place. It was ok. Not sure how two $4 breakfasts turns in to almost $15 by adding a cup of coffee and a cup of tea, oh, and some toast. Still seems like too much. Maybe it is because I paid $1.80 for one cup with no offer of refills, and it was a horrible cup of hot tea. I drink this iced at Mom and Dad’s and it is passable. Hot it tasted fishy and just not good. Looking forward to my usual Mother Parkers hot tea next week at Steak ’N Shake.

gmathis

Sorry it was meh. Our nearby Denny’s is our go-to when nobody wants to cook (love their hash brown skillets).

Hesper June

I am sorry.
My hubby and I finally found a good breakfast place and we do not stray from it now:)

canadianadia

I’m never really impressed with Denny’s either. I’m an IHOP girl, but even their quality varies from location to location. Hopefully your not-so-good experience at Denny’s will make your next week’s “usual” taste extra yummy :D

K S

I think the experience would have been greatly enhanced by a nice cup of tea…. and definitely refills!

Alright do not judge me, I know this tea is nothing special on it’s own. But it is perfect for making your own tea creations. At camp this summer, I had no tea, so every morning, I would mix my lipton tea with cranberry juice, honey and sugar in the raw. It was so sweet but the cranberry juice also made it tangy. I recommend you try this, it was such a hit. One of my friends even made me make him a cup every morning too. :)

Winter Salo

What ratios did you use? Sounds lovely.

Vicki Guillem ☀

Well I filled the cup with water about 3/4’s and then added cranberry juice until it was full. Then one squirt of honey, and one pack of sugar in the raw. Nothing special :)

Winter Salo

Don’t count yourself short managing to mix up a satisfying cup while at camp must have been hard! So did you infuse the tea before adding the cranberry juice or keep the teabag in throughout the process? I so want to try this I love cranberry mixed with tea but I have such a hard time getting the right mix. :/

Vicki Guillem ☀

Aw thanks, I did keep the tea bag in for the whole process. You really should try it!!

Winter Salo

Thank you for the instructions – I really am lost without step by steps. I’ve put all the ingredients on my shopping list – I’m really looking forward to trying it, I just love how you came up with it. :)

Vicki Guillem ☀

Yeah, I missed my tea so much but the lipton tea was just sooooo bland… so I added honey and sugar…. and then cranberry juice! Just cause I love it. :p

Winter Salo

I made this up – it was DELISH – thanks so much :)

CelebriTEA

Loved your note!
Stuck in a Best Western hotel room tonight with my father
(Tornado destroyed the home)
Thankful everyone is alive due to my father having been in the
hospital and therefore no one was home.
Currently sipping this Lipton decaf @ about 4:45am
and while it may be “nothing special” it was my introduction
to tea as a child, and I can still enjoy it on rare occasions like this one. It is nice in a way to repect humble beginnings.

Not the best tea I’ve ever drank, but honestly, one of the best at the grocery store. It does influence my rating and enjoyment of this tea that my mom and dad only use Lipton in their sweet tea recipe and even after moving out of their house, the taste of decaf Lipton or plain Lipton black tea brings back memories.

Boiling 8 min or more 12 OZ / 354 ML

Some days, a cup of regular-old, commercial, Rainforest Alliance Certified, nearly-ubiquitous, and dirt-cheap Lipton black tea with nothing added (not even caffeine) will suffice.

There’s something to be said for simplicity, I believe.

Angrboda

I agree. It’s not a revelation in a cup, but as an act of desperation, it’s fine. :)

teaqueen

Yes! Exactly :D

While this tea may be the poster child for meh bagged tea, it is very versatile. This tea goes with almost anything: milk, cream, honey, lemon, sugar….anything. It is still my preferred tea for making a quick chai or southern-style sweet tea.