Bavarian Wild Berry

Berries, Berry, Fruity, Hibiscus, Sour, Tart
Edit tea info Last updated by Gary

• “Monday Jan. 10, 2011 1st Steep of the Day. Went with the Lipton Wild Berry. Great as expected, Bold Black Tea Presence, Lipton Knows how to Mix the Flavors and Spices. Warm Fruity Mix, very wet...” Read full tasting note
    truckie442 374 tasting notes
  • “Surprisingly good berry flavor. This was a gift from a co-worker. This is much better than I thought it would be. Smooth black tea with berry flavor. Bet this would be good with cream and sugar...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “I’ve had several packages of this in the tea cupboard for who knows how long. Someone gifted me with 12 boxes of various flavored lipton pyramid tea bags. I’m not a fan of lipton so it...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 2147 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! The last six teabags in this box have been sitting around my cupboard (and my house) for a while now. So I decided to make a nice pitcher of this, iced. Gotta beat the heat Read full tasting note
    teaqueen 550 tasting notes

From Lipton

Sweet and indulgent, Lipton Bavarian Wild Berry Tea tantalizes the senses with its vibrant flavor and robust aroma. This bright berry taste is great at any time of day.

Ingredients:
Black tea, dried apple pieces, rose hip peel, chicory root, cinnamon bark, licorice root, modified corn starch, natural flavor, dried blackberry pieces, dried black currant pieces, ginger root, orange peel, dried blueberry pieces, dried raspberry pieces.

Flavonoids:
80mg of Flavonoids per serving

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

I’m at my fiancé’s place and starting off the day with this tea. I was very surprised with this tea. It has a very tasty berry flavor. The aroma is almost like cobbler. I love that you can get multiple steeps out of this. Well done Lipton!

Had some this morning. I received it as a gift, and since I’m not terribly crazy about it, I’m really only drinking it to free up some space in the cupboard. It’s alright, but it really doesn’t compare to loose leaf tea. Like others have said, it tastes more like a fruity herbal infusion than black tea with fruit. I wouldn’t discount this line entirely, though; Lipton’s Island Mango and Peach white tea is much better quality.

Very tart and fruity. Never attempt this as a hot tea, it would given you acid burns. It is ok iced, but much too acidic (hibiscus!) for me.

Flavors: Berries, Berry, Fruity, Hibiscus, Sour, Tart

Iced 0 min, 30 sec 14 OZ / 400 ML

How i got it: Got a bag from my parents’ house

Experience: Surprisingly, this tea’s aroma is less berry-er than other similar blends, giving a little more room to the tea’s aroma. Very similar to La Teteria’s Blue Shadow or Basilur’s Winter Tea in this respect, the main aroma could be defined as cranberry with some raspberry, with the addition of herbal hints, almost mint-like. Quite natural. Its flavor is rather smooth and less acidic than other berry blends, and follows the usual premise of “berry scent first, tea in the background” with the cranberry as main player. What i enjoy is the lack of the tipical acidity present in so many berry teas, but i also miss the complexity and richness of, say, Basilur’s Winter. Mild intensity, duration and definition. Slightly above average

Would i buy it?: Maybe to mix the usual menu, but i’m more inclined to the ‘no’ answer

Saw this at my in-laws’ and decided to give it a whirl since I’d never tried it before. Unsurprisingly, I was unimpressed. The base tea was uninspiring, and I could barely taste the berry flavor. I won’t go out of my way to drink this again.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This was one of the first teas I tried with my Mama when I was first getting into tea years ago. It is a smooth black tea with a light berry flavor. Definitely one of my “comforting” teas I reach for when I want to feel warm.

I cold steeped this for about 18 hours. I like this tea hot, but it is underwhelming cold and I am not sure why. The berry flavors are prominent both hot and cold, but I think the black tea flavor is stronger when it’s prepared hot. Even steeped for so long, the color is pretty pale for a black tea. I think I’ll stick to having this one hot, or maybe pair it up with a plain black teabag for a bit of interest.

Iced 8 min or more

Good but not outstanding. Very fruity – more fruit flavor than tea flavor.

Enjoyed this with lunch to give me an energy boost.
Even though this was one of my older forgotten teas, it still brewed Nicely and smelled delicious.
Obviously the flavor would have been better if it had been fresh and sealed.

Simple- this tea is pretty yum. It’s a very bold flavor from a bunch of stuff… so it makes you feel like you’re the only 150lb guy at a sumo wrestling party. If you’re in the mood for a fruit party in your mouth.. you’ll like this. One thing I noticed is it’s very forgiving of the brew.