Black Pearl Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

• “I had this tea with breakfast this morning. I wanted to have something more interesting, but I apparently forgot to wash out my tea strainer last night. Oh well. This was a good substitute. It is a...” Read full tasting note
    caitlin 392 tasting notes
  • “Ok, this was a rushed decision at 3 AM in the grocery store with the boys. I needed a plain black tea for making pitchers, and this was under $3. And somehow, when I read the words...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 513 tasting notes
  • “Goodness I haven’t been on here in awhile. I still have some swaps to mail out from months ago (I promise I haven’t forgotten about you!). I actually haven’t been home in several...” Read full tasting note
    awladischkin 21 tasting notes
  • “This is what I have when I go visit my family and forget to bring my own tea. It’s probably the best unflavored black tea available in their Kroger, but not so great compared to the excellent...” Read full tasting note
    Harfatum 59 tasting notes

From Lipton

LIPTON Black Pearl Tea is grown on the highest-elevation tea estates in Sri Lanka, known around the globe for the purity of their tea leaves and their robust flavor. Gently plucked by hand, the long leaves of LIPTON Black Pearl Tea remain true to the natural state of the tea leaf.

Available in:
20 Tea Bags

Ingredients:
Premium orange pekoe and pekoe cut black tea.

Nutrition Facts:
140mg Antioxidants (flavonoids) per serving
Serving Size 1 tea bag (2g)

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

One of Lipton’s better teas. It’s a non-spectacular black, but the price and convince can be compelling. The liquor is actually a very nice deep dark amber, the aroma is almost non-existent however, and it’s got a touch of.. “oily” to it.

How i got it: Tried it while having supper at my cousin’s house

Experience: When you are eating at the table with your family, you can’t be too picky with your steeping times, hehe. So i tried to guess something like 3 mins, and try this tea. Aroma wise, it’s very light, and took me some effort to distinguish the tea scent, which was a mild, powered-down version of the classic Ceylon tea smell, with less fruity and more floral notes. In the taste side, that was the case too. Less caramel and crisp notes than usual, and more smooth, floral ones. I’d have liked a bit more intensity (maybe a couple seconds more could have helped), but this was a fairly good tea.

Would i buy it?: Maybe I’ll get a box someday to reevaluate

A very rich and flavorful black tea. One of my favorites :)

My fiance,in his quest for the perfect(ly cheap) version of an Arnold Palmer, brought this one back to me. I snatched one for a cup of morning tea and was pleasantly surprised. I wasn’t expecting anything, but it was a pretty good black tea. And absolutely strong enough for his AP!

Surprised a Lipton tea tastes like anything in particular, but I am getting kind of a honey note from this. I dunno, I have some David’s Yunnan Black on the way and hopefully it’ll give me a better basis for comparison, but this is surprisingly decent. Not something you pay too much attention to, but there’s definitely a flavor there. Good if you’re running late and don’t have time to do a higher-quality tea justice.

Must admit, I am using teabags more and more lately due to convenience in the morning; I am handicap and use teabags in the morning before getting into my wheelchair in the afternoon when I am able to prepare matcha.

With that said, I am surprised at all the negative reviews here regarding Lipton’s Black Pearl Tea! I quite enjoy this tea [have many boxes.] It has a clear crisp taste, not brisk and it has a nice mouth feel, not malty but a little more noticeable than a Darjeeling the longer it steeps. I keep teabags in the whole time I am drinking to reap all the health benefits and yet it never gets bitter! I tend to find there is no aftertaste either; it is just nice and clean.

I do like the pyramid/sachet teabags better because they contain whole leaf teas and the desired room to unfurl. Lipton’s “regular” teabags aren’t so desirable because they contain “tea dust” and the Brisk tea has a murkier taste and characteristic profile.

I would highly recommend Lipton’s Black Pearl Tea…a must buy!

Boiling 8 min or more

Had this for my morning tea . Used honey for sweetening .

Better than Lipton “house” brand. Nice smooth black.