Green Tea with Mandarin Orange

Green Tea
Orange, Green
Edit tea info Last updated by steepster

• “The Barb & Bob Backlog continued. This was my Tuesday last night tea. Much better than the peach of the previous night. Again, five days later I cannot remember my brewing time lol.” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “(Guest post by my mom!) Lipton’s Mandarin Orange Green Tea… Heavenly! Green tea is a personal favorite of mine. Given the fact that it’s a disease fighting ninja – I wish it were a favorite with...” Read full tasting note
    crazyteachick 25 tasting notes
  • “For me, this had a very strong taste of (slightly bitter) oranges. It’s good for casual sipping, but I wouldn’t recommend keeping the tea bag in. The brew gets quite bitter after...” Read full tasting note
    MissSpot 47 tasting notes
  • “Can barely taste the orange :( I want a nice strong orange tea. This wasn’t bad. It was just weak, I even left the bag in the cup the 2nd time I drank it thinking it might get stronger.” Read full tasting note
    sandyscuppa 29 tasting notes

From Lipton

Green tea was discovered five thousand years ago in China by Emperor Shen Nung, who consumed green tea for its healthful properties. Plucked by hand and gently steamed, LIPTON Green Tea is packaged in our unique pyramid-shaped bags, along with the tart bite of mandarin orange flavor. Savor the flavor of 100 years’ tea expertise in every cup.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

My sister made this for me to warm me up during a big snow storm. This tea gets a very strong bitter orange flavour if steeped for too long.. not one my favorites but did the trick.

Flavors: Green, Orange

Chris Coppens

What a good sister! Too bad the tea was lackluster :(

How i got it: Tried it while having tea at my cousin’s house

Experience: When i saw this tea, i went for it not expecting much, based in my relationship with Lipton teas. In the end, though, it was a very pleasant surprise. This tea’s aroma is (obviously) defined by the mandarin’s (very close to the natural scent) but there’s a space for the green tea to appear too, something a bit unusual. Its flavor is very well balanced, and while the mandarine notes are a little less natural than what could be sensed in the smell of the blend (in the flavor, they tend to be a bit more like orange candy than natural orange), the resulting mix turns out to be very enjoyable. (Surprisingly) very good – indeed, maybe one of the better Lipton’s i’ve tried.

Would i buy it?: Good chances for the ‘yes’ case

This tea is drinkable with stevia, or 2-3 tablespoons of sugar if stevia is not available.

Used it as an ice tea, with stevia.

Saw this tea first time so had to buy it. Plus I love orange flavored teas. Color of this one is brownish orange. Smell is light and sweet. They promise non-bitter taste, which is true. Sweet taste, this is nice tea, but not even near good teas.

I’m not a massive orange fan, but I like the scent of this tea. It reminds me of an orange squash flavour rather than a pure orange juice. It’s that balance of pure orange against sugary sweetness that creates a smoothness to the tang of orange.

I found that, even after steeping for longer than usual, the green tea wasn’t as strong as I had hoped. However, the orange and mandarin come in subtly as an after taste which is enjoyable. Definitely not overpowering.

After making this a second time, I felt the need to revise my rating. My second cup was much more pleasurable, though I still wish the mandarin oranges were a bit more prominent.

don’t oversteep it… definitely not a bag-in tea but certainly one of my favourites