White Tea with Blueberry & Pomegranate

Green White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by steepster

• “My son brought this over today to share an afternoon cup. Ok, honestly I can't taste the white tea in this but I'm not sure I care. This is wonderfully fruity. I left the pyramid sachet in the cup...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1367 tasting notes
  • “It's at work and it's free so I thought I'd at least try it... This tea came in one of those pyramid infusers but it doesn't look like they're the biodegradable kind (boo, hiss). I checked the...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2488 tasting notes
  • “Meh. So this is ok...but I wouldn't call it white tea or really blueberry...it just kind of is. If someone dropped this in front of me I would drink it...but I wouldn't bask in the glory of...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5122 tasting notes
  • “Switching it up this afternoon, and this hit the spot. Call me crazy but everytime I drink this tea I feel like I'm drinking a fruited pale ale. Except I'm ok to drive. The body of this tea...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 357 tasting notes

From Lipton

First discovered in the Fujian province of China, Lipton® White Tea is plucked by hand from the tips of tea buds before the tea leaf blossoms, to preserve the natural goodness of the whole leaf. Our tea is then packaged in our unique pyramid-shaped bags that allow the long-leaf to flow freely with real blueberries for a light flavor and authentic tea infusion. Savor the flavor of 100 years’ tea expertise in every cup.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

This used to be my go to work tea. I loved how fruity and sweet it was and I loved that it was a no-sugar-needed tea (this was before I got used to drinking my tea without sweetener).

One of my coworkers offered me some of this yesterday, and I had it as an afternoon tea today. It still steeps up fine with almost-boiling water. It’s still sweet and berry-full. I still like it, but it no longer satisfies my “I want blueberry tea!” cravings. Hmm.

This is my first white tea, and given the fact that it’s your basic grocery store tea, I’d assume it’s not the best quality white tea, but nonetheless, this tasted very good and is something I’d definitely buy again.

It smelled amazing before I even opened the box, and the wonderful fruity smell only intensified as it steeped. The taste was light and delicate, and the blueberry was definitely the star of the show. This was a nice alternative to my usual strong black tea, but was still just as satisfying.

This tea is amazing! It smells wonderful dry, and I love its light, fruity flavor (I drank it hot, but I’m sure it’s fabulous iced, too)! It is even beautiful to watch as it steeps because the leaves open up in the water. This is a perfect afternoon tea, because it is not too highly caffeinated, but it will still give you a nice boost of energy. I know that the bags aren’t recyclable or particularly eco-friendly, but I think the mesh does a nice job of eliminating the papery taste that some bagged teas can have. All in all, a satisfying experience. Lipton has done well!

Just a little bitter without sweetener, but sometimes I’m in the mood for that. If not, I put a teaspoon of honey in.

This tea is stronger than the Island Mango; pretty good, generally fruity. I don’t recall truly tasting the blueberry, but it’s deliciously fragrant fo sho! So yeah a decent tea but not something to write home about.

Boiling 8 min or more

I like this stuff but…I keep tasting cinnamon-y. Or something similar.
Its really, really odd to me.

The actual tea leaves taste great to me. Did I say great? I meant good. For Lipton. The blueberries are wonderful though. I would like a blueberry Lipton bagel in the near future. I’m not a huge fan of pomegranate, so I’m not going to comment too much on that. There is TONS of licorice in this blend… and if you brew it wrong so help you god you’ll be sipping on black jellybellies. This tea is okay, but I probably won’t buy this specific one very much if ever… though I’ve had worse.

Protip: Brew it a bit hot and it’ll mute those licorice notes.

185 °F / 85 °C

This isn’t great, but not horrible either. The dry tea smells very strong of blueberry which lasts throughout the steeping process. I don’t seem to care much for white teas, but this one seems to have more flavor that others I’ve tried. The tea would probably be good with sugar, which might help bring out the pomegranate that is lost in this tea. I don’t see myself buying this.

This is a nice light “mostly” white tea. The blueberry taste comes through, but not too strong. Some blueberry teas that I have tasted seem fake, but this one tastes more true to the essence of blueberry…if that makes any sense…the blueberries are perfectly balanced with the white and green tea base. I do not taste any other flavors, just white tea and blueberries. Lipton has done a nice job with their pyramid tea bags. Will definitely be purchasing again.