Lipton PureLeaf Tea: Iced Tea with Raspberry

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Suzi

From Lipton

A hint of raspberry caresses the tongue as the flavor of fresh-brewed, hand-selected tea leaves dances upon the palate. The bold tart berry flavor, the smooth character of black tea leaves is nothing more to say in regard to this beverage except “magnificent.”

Ingredients: BREWED TEA FROM LIPTON® TEA LEAVES†, SUGAR, CITRIC ACID (PROVIDES TARTNESS), NATURAL APPLE EXTRACT (COLOR), NATURAL FLAVOR, PECTIN

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

Tasting Notes:
Steeped Tea Smell: sweet raspberry iced tea (smells like a nestea type mix)
Flavor: sweet (almost sickeningly), raspberry, tea
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: chemical, powder, salt
Liquor: translucent orange brown

I strongly suggest never getting this, ICK. We got this as free samples at work, and so far everyone agreed they were glad they got it for free as now they know, for free, never to buy it.

images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/05/lipton-bottled-black-tea-pureleaf-iced.html

Cofftea

One of my ex’s guzzles this lol

I had this one today around lunch, and I must say it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I needed to grab something quick so it was the best solution. This tea had LOTS of sugar in it, almost 36g for the bottle which is pretty gross but the taste wasn’t bad. The problem I have with most bottled iced teas is that you can’t really taste the tea, but this one you could ( near the end of the bottle ) and it surprisingly had that PZAZZ of raspberry I was craving yesterday (LOL)
So was I content for a bottled tea, Yeah I guess so. However it was pretty sweet…..
This is one of the two iced tea’s I had today, the second was much worse, so stay tunned for that one..

So I guess it’s a little weird to rate a pre-brewed bottle of tea, but let’s face it – sometimes you really want some tea, and you’re stuck at school where you have no access to brewing equipment so you just have to buy whatever the cafeteria has in stock. So you debate between Nestea’s sugary-sweet “tea” and Snapple teas, and finally you spot the Lipton PureLeaf line. What the heck makes this sugar-infested beverage pure, you wonder? I have no freakin’ idea. You can barely taste the black tea. The strong flavor of citric acid (for tartness!) and sugar – we can pretend it’s raspberry-like, but really it is its own synthetic candy-like taste – is not the worst drink out there. It’s miles above the tea you get out of a soda fountain, which is just sugary water with tea flavoring (according to me, anyway.) But it doesn’t hold a candle to the stuff you make yourself at home.

an ok tea, not the best. the raspberry taste is smooth

Awful just nasty sickeningly sweet and has a chemically-sour aftertaste.