White Tea with Island Mango and Peach Flavor

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Mandie

• “So I brought this to work with me. We bought a box and my wife decided she was not a fan. I'm giving it another chance. Now that I am overcoming my aversion to white because I think it was...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 345 tasting notes
  • “This smells awesome...then again I'm a fan of mango and peach. The peach scent might come thru a tad more than the mango but not by much. It's a true white tea color. It's also flavorful for a...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Given to me at work. Made the mistake of looking at the date on the box. Good grief - amateurs... Even expired this was actually pretty good. It smells nice. The taste of the mango and peach can be...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1160 tasting notes
  • “Reasonable, but not notable. Despite loving peach and mango this tea is just not all that. I might try it again one day, but again another box of tea that has been taken to work.” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes

From Lipton

First discovered in the Fujian province of China, Lipton White Tea is plucked by hand from the tips of tea buds before the leaf blossoms, to preserve the natural goodness of the whole leaf. Our tea is then packaged in our unique pyramid-shaped bags that allow the long-leaf tea to flow freely with real orange leaves and lemongrass for a truly authentic tea infusion.

Ingredients: white tea, green tea, orange leaves, rose hips, lemongrass, licorice root, modified corn starch, natural flavor.

About Lipton View company

It's Lipton,. They're pretty big.

So I brought this to work with me. We bought a box and my wife decided she was not a fan. I’m giving it another chance. Now that I am overcoming my aversion to white because I think it was operator error. The dry leaf is not terrible in aroma. Steeped it for a minute. It’s a little bit better this time however the lemongrass seems to rule supreme of this cup. So I guess I’m going from blech to meh on this one. Still not as tasty as the blueberry pomegranate white from Lipton.

This smells awesome…then again I’m a fan of mango and peach. The peach scent might come thru a tad more than the mango but not by much. It’s a true white tea color. It’s also flavorful for a white tea…moreso than most I have tried esp bagged. The longer it steeps the more you can smell the mango. It’s weird but it a good way that within the same sip you can taste the peach to start and by the end of the sip you get the mango. You can taste both main fruit flavors but can still tell it’s supposed to be a white tea. It’s one of those teas that make you think but you can still enjoy it. I would try this again.

Jillian

Maybe there’s hope for Lipton yet. ;)

Given to me at work. Made the mistake of looking at the date on the box. Good grief – amateurs… Even expired this was actually pretty good. It smells nice. The taste of the mango and peach can be easily separated and the flavorings don’t hide the tea flavor. The tea pieces are pretty small but a lot larger than usual tea fannings. Nicely done.

I like this tea, but I often forget that I have the teabag in my cup and I let it steep far too long and it gets very very bitter. Up to that point, however, I really do like it.

This tea is good, could be better, I think I may have overheated the water or not steeped long enough. It is very good still. Just a bit off. I should try to remember to steep longer, less hot water, boil in a kettle, not microwave.

The fruityness enhances the white and green tea’s subtle flavor, rather than masking or overpowering it. The Lipton pyramid bags the best quality tea I can find at a chain supermarket. This one is my favorite so far. Absolutely wonderful with a teaspoon of honey.

This is a delicious tea that manages to give off a truly tropical, summery vibe—impressive for a hot beverage! The sweet fruit flavors do mask the acerbic taste that is standard for non-blended white or green teas, reducing it to a tingling afterthought; whether this is good or bad depends largely on your personal preference and state of mind. But all in all, I think Lipton has done well with this blend, which is a definite mood-lifter.

A great balance of tea and fruit; no flavor over pronounced.