Mate Sweet Orange

Licorice, Orange, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian
Boiling 6 min, 15 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Local Coffee and Tea

Green and roasted mate with licorice, orange peel and blossom with a slightly smoky scent and taste, bitter sweet of orange and tasty licorice make a slight stimulating and balanced drink. Contains caffeine.

This unique taste, some say is closer to coffee than Asian tea. Excellent for soothing for a sore throat, mate is traditionally used for weight loss and overcoming fatigue. If brewed for up to 10 minutes it becomes more calming.

20 to 25 cups of tea can be made from 2 oz of loose leaf tea.

Store in a dry place

About Local Coffee and Tea View company

After steeping/infusion this sort of smells like an herbal/green/ginger type tea. I have to say that threw me off.

After sipping I seriously said “Ooooo” out loud! Eventho it says sweet in the name of the tea after smelling it I wasn’t expecting the sweetness! It was nice!

Very surprising and very refreshing! A nice sip! I think I’ll have another!

Not a whole lot of Orangebut this was a comforting warming drink that was raosty and toasty, definately nutty and it goes well with cream and sugar.

Lately I’ve been drinking chocolate mates but i decided to branch out a little this morning. This is a nice refreshing sweet orange, almost more like a blood orange. There is a bit of a licorice flavor in there but sort of way in the back. It has that bit of woodsy flavor often found in the mates. I’m enjoying it and will have to see if it turns into one of my staples to keep on hand.

It does have a nice crispy after-taste or orange and a bit of licorice lingers on. :)

Flavors: Licorice, Orange, Wood