Winter in Løv

Black Chai Blend
Clove, Cocoa, Creamy, Ginger, Licorice, Marzipan
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Yay, my Løv Organic order is here! I've been wanting to try this company's teas for a while now (I think they're the same company as Kusmi) so I was happy to see a $50 credit for $25 on Rue La La a...” Read full tasting note
    CameronB 827 tasting notes

From Løv Organic

Winter in Løv is a delicious blend of spices and black tea that is the perfect treat to be shared with family and friends. It is beautifully made with carefully selected notes of freshly ground almonds, cinnamon and chopped ginger, flavours reminiscent of a traditional Scandinavian Christmas.
Luxurious ground cocoa beans and liquorice marry all of the flavours together to give it a lasting touch of sweetness. A treat to be enjoyed all winter long for cocooning times when it is cold outside.

Ingredients : Cocoa shells*, cinnamon*, black tea*, ginger*, carob*, liquorice*, natural flavours. * Organically grown ingredients.

About Løv Organic View company

1 Tasting Note

Yay, my Løv Organic order is here! I’ve been wanting to try this company’s teas for a while now (I think they’re the same company as Kusmi) so I was happy to see a $50 credit for $25 on Rue La La a couple weeks ago. I ordered the biggest sampler and then a tin of this tea (I was originally going to order a box of sachets, but I needed two more dollars for free shipping, so I upgraded to the tin). I’m not usually one to order a large amount of a tea I’ve never tried, but I figured what the hell. Even if I hate it, someone else around here will love it! Visually, there isn’t a ton of black tea in this blend. It’s a mix of crushed up pieces of cacao shell and various spices with a few leaves in there. Dry scent reminds me of Verdant’s Campfire Blend – it has that creamy spice element, but without the orange.

Mmm, nice aroma! It smells creamy and spicy with a definite sweet edge from the licorice. I can smell a hint of cacao as well. Wow, I’m actually really surprised that this isn’t a licorice root bomb! Meaning I don’t get that odd sweet aftertaste that licorice root usually gives. Instead, I can actually taste the licorice/anise-like flavor. There is also definitely a lot of clove going on, and I can taste dark chocolatey cocoa in the background, providing a nice base note. I think I can also taste a little bit of marzipan-like almond, but it’s blending pretty seamlessly with the licorice so it’s hard to tell them apart! Something in here is making my mouth a little bit tingly, possibly the ginger? I added a little touch of sugar to the second half of my cup, and yum! Definitely an improvement. Overall, I don’t regret this one! It’s a nice little chai with some chocolate and almond notes.

Flavors: Clove, Cocoa, Creamy, Ginger, Licorice, Marzipan

Mikumofu

sounds really lovely! or should I say Løvly :D

Fjellrev

Oh yummy, it sure does sound great.

Cameron B.

I’ll have to send out samples since I bought a full 4.4 ounce tin of it, hah! :P