Blueberry Coconut / Myrtille Coco

White Tea
Blueberry, Coconut, Drying, Soap, Bitter, Creamy, Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

From Løv Organic

White tea full of silvery touches delicately scented with coconut, and dotted with blueberries and cornflowers.

Ingredients : Organic white China tea, organic blueberry, organic cornflowers, natural flavours.

About Løv Organic View company

Without going and actually looking at the bag… I think this is the tea that I have from MissB – thanks! My initial impression was of a coconut/butterscotch white, one of those teas that many companies seem to have (e.g. Butterscotch Potion, Dream, etc.). However, this also contains blueberries, which is an interesting twist, and although the white tea and coconut are reminiscent of the butterscotch teas, it does seem somewhat different. Another case of overleafing though (I really need to relocate my measuring spoons back to the tea area), so it was a touch strong, but enjoyable enough. Very coconutty, but light. I’ll have to pay a bit more attention for the blueberry next time.

Blueberry and coconut are two of my favourite things, so in theory, this should be a winner. However, I’m personally finding the base a little too bitter, plus no blueberry. The coconut is there but it’s not? It doesn’t taste like fresh coconut. I wouldn’t call it coconut flakes either. It’s more processed and broken down, if that makes any sense. While the steeped tea most definitely smells like pleasant coconut, the taste is not translating as such. With each sip, I get the processed coconut followed by the lingering bitterness of the base.

Thank you to the wonderful MissB for sharing this one with me! Remedy cafe has a bunch of these teas so I’ll probably try almost all of them that way.

Another one to try to thank Nicole for. :D This one was intriguing. Coconut and blueberry seem like a different combination. This is a very balanced blend though! With the dry leaf, I can only smell the coconut. So then I take a first sip and it’s surprisingly very juicy sweet blueberry with background notes of coconut (like the suntan lotion type, but I know that type of coconut won’t be getting old tasting anytime soon.) With the second steep, the blueberry sadly disappears and I’m left with stronger coconut. It’s almost like an Everlasting Gobstopper tea. The white tea itself is tough to taste under all these flavors. I can’t tell if the tea itself is buttery or it’s the coconut, but it’s tasty regardless. I wasn’t really paying attention to steeping parameters this time.

Grabbed this at a Kusmi store in Paris, and thought it was Kusmi until I tried putting it into Steepster. Uh.. okay, so similar branding, different company? Got it.

The smell in the tin was divine, so I thought, why not, I’ll grab a tin… you can only buy a tin of this. Sadly, I couldn’t bring the tin home. Brewed up it’s okay, but I want more flavor to it. It’s really, really subtle. Might be lovely as an iced tea, like Sil suggested? It’s just that blueberry isn’t as yummy as I want it.

Fun fact: blueberries are called bleuets in Québec, but myrtilles in Belgium, France and Swizerland. This led to a heated debate between me and a Starbucks employee in Grenoble, France, trying to figure out just what those blue things were a the muffin.

1.5 tsp in 12 oz. water, 185F for three minutes.

Flavors: Blueberry, Coconut, Drying, Soap

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

“Blue things in the muffin” LOL!

Oh that’s so funny. :) And yes, Quebec/Canadian French is quite different.

Another from MissB This one smelled like it’s name but the taste wasn’t one that i cared for until it was almost completely cooled. Warm it fell flat, but cooled it was a really subtle blueberry coconut tea. Smooth and quite refreshing. No need to keep this in my cupboard but warm brewed then cooled is the way to go with then one imo. Not sure if a straight cole brew would work, but someone should try haha

Oh this sounds yummy! Coconut comes across as “baked goods” to me so I’m totally picturing this tasting like blueberry cake. Yum!

Another sample from Nicole! I purchased a $50 credit toward Lov Organic on Rue La La (for $25), so I wanted to try this one and make sure it wasn’t amazing before I made my order. It appears to be a silver needle base with some flower petals in it. Dry scent is heavy on the coconut, in a coconut milk kind of way.

Meh, it came out a tiny bit bitter, which is unfortunate. Otherwise, it’s okay. There’s a lot more coconut than blueberry here, which is a shame. The coconut is kind of creamy and it reminds me of coconut milk. I don’t really taste blueberry at all, but I do get something peachy in the aftertaste. Not bad, but not a purchase for me.

Flavors: Bitter, Coconut, Creamy, Peach

Blueberry coconut does sound pretty promising… sad it didn’t translate to the flavour!

Cameron B.

The coconut is definitely there, so you might like it if you’re a big coconut fan. I, however, am a big blueberry fan! :P

Oh yeah, that sounds like an awesome combo. It’s hard to find a tea with good blueberry notes, it seems.

I’m pretty eh on coconut teas lately, so I’d prefer it in a supporting role, too.

Cameron B.

Fjellrev – Always on the lookout for the perfect blueberry black tea!

Kittenna – I’m finding that I like coconut less and less in teas lately. Plus it goes bad so fast! :(

Yes – the rancid coconut issue is quite serious. It’s possible that’s what’s causing my indifference.

I’ve taken to putting my very coconutty teas in the fridge. Coconut Oolong and Gold Rush, specifically.

Interesting idea.

I picked this one up at the Palais des Thes store. I didn’t even realize at the time that it was not their tea but another company. No matter – this smelled soooo good.

It was very tasty hot, but even better cold. Blueberry with mild coconut hot but as it cools off a buttery note sneaks in. I think this is one to be careful with as it could be bitter if not handled with attention. But I will enjoy this tin, I think. Trying a cold steep of the used leaves tonight.

Oh, and here’s a picture of how bad I was on my trip…[user]=131747557&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
(oh, and I should note that the tiny adorable little pot there is not my doing…someone sneaky and exceedingly generous gave that to me while I was there…:)

Not sure – there might be too much coconut here for you… but some may make its way north someday… :)

but i do love me some blueberry…

Cameron B.

I’ve browsed Lov Organic’s website before and they have some very interesting and tasty-sounding blends. :)

carol who

Bad… bad… Nicole! :-) Buying so much lovely tea! None of the rest of us would evvver do that! We all have wonderful self control! Looks good!

Did you hear that Mr. Harney died yesterday?

I didn’t! That’s sad. They just started a 30th anniversary promotion, too. :(

Blueberry coconut—never would have thought of the combo, but it sounds tasty.

They have a pineapple mint green rooibos!

Oh wow! Nice haul. So did you get your Kusmi tins refilled too or are these brand new ones?

Hmm I’ll have to check that out. One of the local grocery stores has/had a lot of Love organic teas. I’ll have to see if they have that one.

I ended up taking 2 tins to refill. The others are new.

Funny aside: I was looking at the Løv site and they said in Scandinavian countries it means leaf so that’s why they chose the name. I asked my husband (he is Danish) and he said Løv technically means leaf, but not like a tea leaf. It means the kind of leaf a deciduous tree has. Hah.