Pure Gold (Yunnan)

Edit tea info Last updated by yssah - Love is Tea (LIT)

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I got a sample of this tea in my recent swap with *yssah* and had to add it to the database without any other information other than it is apparently a Yunnan golden buds type tea. Also I don't...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1914 tasting notes

From Love is Tea (LIT)

3mins @212F

About Love is Tea (LIT) View company

1 Tasting Note

1914 tasting notes

I got a sample of this tea in my recent swap with yssah and had to add it to the database without any other information other than it is apparently a Yunnan golden buds type tea. Also I don’t have a clear method for steeping golden yunnan teas, so this is kind of an amalgamation. Hope it works out! I do have enough for another cup.

The leaf on this one is really pretty. Lots and lots of gold everywhere, and nicely long with a bit of fuzziness. When brewed there are a quite a few hay-ish notes in scent of this that I have been noticing in Yunnans lately. The flavor is slightly sweetish, with some earthy sweet potato to it. A bit of hay and woodiness in the flavor as well. It’s kind of thin, so perhaps I should have steeped this one longer; I’ll try 3 minutes on my next go. Overall a decently tasty Yunnan but I would have expected perhaps a bit more (sweetness, yamminess, honey/caramel notes) from such a nice looking gold tips tea. Then again I tend to prefer Fujians to Yunnans so I don’t have as much experience with them.

yssah - Love is Tea (LIT)

love your tasting note, Dinosara! sorry for the late info and uploading. hope to remedy that in all the teas as i have more or less enough teas to work with for the moment and can focus less on acquisition :)