Chai Bag Cinnamon

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Drank this w/ dark chocolate peanut butter on graham crackers. Even though the weight (3.5g) is on the bag, which is really nice, I decided to weigh it and was surprised that mine is actually...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “The maltiness of Assam pairs well with the spice of cinnamon in this delicious tea. The flavour is smooth, with a lovely cinnamon flavour accented by clove and fennel to give it a little depth of...” Read full tasting note
    rubicat 73 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Assam Tea blended with the Lupicia Masala: Cinnamon and packaged in a convenient tea bag. A great cup of Masala Chai can be made in the microwave in just 3 minutes. The cinnamon provides a full chai flavor.

*The base tea for this product is 4303 Silonibari which has a deep flavor that complements the spice.

About Lupicia View company

Drank this w/ dark chocolate peanut butter on graham crackers.

Even though the weight (3.5g) is on the bag, which is really nice, I decided to weigh it and was surprised that mine is actually 3.74g! Yay!

6oz just shy of boiling water. The liquor is very dark and it definitely smells of strong cinnamon. To my relief, it does not taste of cinnamon red hots though. While strong, the cinnamon is smooth and blends w/ the strong tea base. There’s even almost a sweetness to it. This; however, is not what I think of or want when I drink chai. It’s simply a cinnamon flavored black tea.

The maltiness of Assam pairs well with the spice of cinnamon in this delicious tea. The flavour is smooth, with a lovely cinnamon flavour accented by clove and fennel to give it a little depth of spice. I drank this as a milk tea, and love the taste. I agree with Cofftea in that this bag is not exactly what I consider a Chai. Perhaps I can try a milk-brew next time.

Funny thing: I was heating the kettle when the UPS man delivered my parcel of Lupicia tea. How’s that for serendipitous timing? :)