Orzo Cioccolata

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

• “Tastes as much like chocolate as carob does, but it is a very pleasant tea. I made mine with warm milk and sugar. Don't let it steep too long or it will become bitter, IMO. Great tea for a rainy...” Read full tasting note
    mobarger 19 tasting notes
  • “This sample came from Dexter awhile ago. I have had so many samples this one got overlooked until now. I haven't been doing any tea notes lately as all I've been having on the Candida diet is...” Read full tasting note
    Ubacat 257 tasting notes

From Lupicia

An ancient variety of barley grown in Italy gives a sweet, rich hazelnut and chocolate fragrance.

About Lupicia View company

Tastes as much like chocolate as carob does, but it is a very pleasant tea. I made mine with warm milk and sugar. Don’t let it steep too long or it will become bitter, IMO. Great tea for a rainy afternoon.

This sample came from Dexter awhile ago. I have had so many samples this one got overlooked until now. I haven’t been doing any tea notes lately as all I’ve been having on the Candida diet is Pau D’arco tea, peppermint & some rooibos. Today I thought I would try something different but herbal. I was surprised this one was herbal.

It brewed up so dark I wondered if there was coffee in it even though it was marked herbal. I searched on Lupicia’s website and discovered no coffee but is roasted barley. Wow, it’s dark and robust with chocolatey notes. It’s a bit too dark for me though. If I had been a coffee drinker trying to get off coffee this tea would be spot on. However, I am a green tea lover looking for something herbal like a green tea. Any coffee lovers out there will enjoy this tea!

Dexter

Hmmmm interesting – I actually haven’t tried this one yet. Am putting it on my “inspired by dashboard list for tomorrow”. If this is coffee ish, I’m going to like it – sorry that it wasn’t for you. :((

yyz

I haven’t had this but I can imagine it being coffeish. Orzo is what you will most likely be served if you ask for decaf coffee in most places I have been in Italy.

Ubacat

Thanks Dexter. It was still a good tea , just not for me.

Ubacat

Ah, so they are drinking it as a replacement coffee!

yyz

Yes, most of the time they have it in a nescafe type machine, but I did see a few places pull it through an espresso machine.