Edit tea info Last updated by Erin
Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

• “Yummy! I'm really glad I got to try this tea. For those of you who aren't subscribed to the Lupicia newsletter, you should definitely do so! It's great to try their tea of the month free every...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “Free sample time! I got my sample of this tea over the weekend and decided that this morning was the time to try it. First off the smell is really accurate. When I first smelled the dry tea, I...” Read full tasting note
    caitlin 392 tasting notes
  • “I received this tea in the tea sampler I got from Lupicia. This is definitely a tea that I will buy and drink in the summertime as iced tea! I had this plain today without any additives. I steeped...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1591 tasting notes
  • “Mmm, the smell of freshly sliced kiwis!!! The dry leaves have a nice fruity aroma that translates well into the aroma of the brewed tea. The taste is sharp! It nearly bit me back! Lupicia...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 514 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Black tea is flavored with ripe kiwi fruit and blended with the flesh of the fruit. Also it makes a nice iced tea.

About Lupicia View company

Yummy! I’m really glad I got to try this tea. For those of you who aren’t subscribed to the Lupicia newsletter, you should definitely do so! It’s great to try their tea of the month free every month. (Speaking of which, I’m going to need to place an order with them soon, as I think my subscription will expire around Christmastime)

I saw a review today that described the flavor of this tea as very ‘green-apple’ like. And I am getting that too. But I do taste kiwi as well as a hint of a citrus-y tone that is sort of orange-y… it is a sweet citrus note.

This is a very forgiving tea as I started it brewing and then walked away to another room where I was unable to hear my timer… so it definitely over-steeped a bit. But I can’t taste any bitterness to this tea. It is really tasty. I like this one a lot!

seule771

Thanks for suggestion on subscribing to Lupicia Teas. Site is very nice and pricing most reasonable it seems. Lots of information as well for those learning tea lexicon’s brewing methods.

The Kiwi drank reminded me of Tea Forte’s Kiwi Ginger sampler; I could only note the Ginger and there was sweetness in the cup.

First off the smell is really accurate. When I first smelled the dry tea, I actually felt like I was eating a kiwi! Once steeped it smells more of the same.

Personally I think it tastes way less like kiwi than it smells. It tastes more like green apple to me. I think it tastes perfectly like a green apple jolly ranchers. I think that this would fulfill any candy craving.

I don’t know that I would want to buy more of this tea because it was a little sweet for my taste, but it was definitely a fun to try!

Janefan

Thanks for the warning! I would be disappointed to smell kiwi (which I like) but taste green apple (which I don’t)…

CHAroma

I have to disagree. I don’t think this tastes anything like green apple.

LiberTEAS

I received my sample a few days ago too… I probably will be trying it today.

I received this tea in the tea sampler I got from Lupicia. This is definitely a tea that I will buy and drink in the summertime as iced tea! I had this plain today without any additives. I steeped it for one minute but that was mostly to try and reduce the amount of caffeine I am taking in. It is sweet and tastes almost like kiwis and fresh apples! The more I took a sip, the more it reminded me of apples. This is so delicious and I bet it would taste great with some honey or sugar! There was astringency in the back of my throat, which left me feeling a little thirsty! Great tea overall! My tea shopping list is getting larger! I will wait to make any tea purchases until after June :)

Mmm, the smell of freshly sliced kiwis!!!

Lupicia recommends adding lemon and honey to this tea, and I bet that would help cut back on that sharpness. I don’t want to immediately say bitterness because the aftertaste is actually quite lovely and fruity. So, I’m going to stick with “sharpness.”

The dry leaves had ample kiwi shavings as well as some weird little brown sticks. I have no idea what those are. From looking at the black tea leaves, I don’t think they’re stems because they are a much much lighter brown color than the leaves. But who knows? I guess they could be stems. Or maybe it’s some sort of added spice or something. I doubt it’s from the kiwis…But okay, moving on.

I added a tiny splash of skim milk and that made the tea much smoother and more to my liking (I’m a cream and sugar kind of gal).

Overall, this tea isn’t WOWZA! But it’s not bad either. It’s getting a middle of the road rating from me. Good, but not the best.

This one is awesome and weird at the same time. I have never had a kiwi tea, but this one actually manages to do it well. I really do taste kiwi. And I love kiwi. :-)

I enjoyed it both hot and iced.

Oh my word! This one is delicious! :O
I made it hot, of course. xD And had thought it might be more of a sour kiwi flavor. But boy was I wrong! It’s strong, but sweet. So so sweet.
One of the best fruity teas I’ve ever had!
Thanks for the sample, mj! (:

When I was a girl, my mother always made me eat kiwis. But she liked them hard and unripe, so I always disliked kiwis until I had them the way I thought they should be eaten, as an adult. A friend of mine would eat it with the skin and I thought it was so weird. Until I tried it. It’s actually really good and not at all what one would expect.

So anyway, Virginia’s kiwi memories aside, the dry leaf smells A-MAZING. It smells juicy and sweet, the kiwi is perfect. I won’t lie, I’ve been a bit “meh” about some of the Lupicia teas mj and I ordered, and this one is restoring my faith. Taste wise, I’m completely 100% satisfied. YES! YOU! JUICY KIWI! I love you :)

mj

This one and the momo oolong are my favorites so far!

So, normally I would not be drinking black tea at this time of night because of caffeine concerns but I think the number of margaritas that happened tonight will counteract the amount of caffeine in this one cup of tea. Also, my self-imposed ban on my Lupicia order has been lifted and I could not resist! THIS IS MY FIRST LUPICIA TEA AHHHHHHH

Both dry and when steeping this tea smells like Kiwi, which is one of my absolute favorite fruits. The steeping aroma also includes some black tea smell…so far so good. Here’s the thing… I can certainly taste the black tea for a second before the kiwi wave crashes into my mouth and is SO GOOD. So, I’m trying to be a good steepster-ite and describe the black tea in it but as I’m concentrating on the nuances of the black tea taste, the kiwi hits and my tongue/associated brain areas are like “KIWI. ME LIKE KIWI. SIP MORE” I’ll just say it’s blended really well…yes, that’s it. If you like kiwi, drink this tea. You will be happy. As for me, this tea has skyrocketed to a place in my favorite teas :-)

Also I shortened my display name so when people refer to me, they don’t have to type the 1851. Just call me mj :-). My friends do!

Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Ost

I plan on going to a Lupica store nearby soon. I’ll have to see if they have that one in stock! Sounds so good!
Btw, I’m curious, why did you ever have 1851 to your username?

mj

Haha, good it’s not even a noticeable transition! But yeah my user name used to be mj1851

mj

Whoops I read that as did you ever, not why did you ever. Anyway, it’s just a user name I use. When you have a super common name like me, usernames are impossible! 1851 is the year FSU was founded. That’s where I did my undergrad degree so I just started using that number in my username at one point.

Ost

Aha I see. :P Well, mj it is!

mj

Sorry that is possibly the most boring explanation ever… what can I say, username creativity is not a strong suit of mine!

Haha same with me :P