Edit tea info Last updated by Erin

• “Yummy! I'm really glad I got to try this tea. For those of you who aren't subscribed to the Lupicia newsletter, you should definitely do so! It's great to try their tea of the month free every...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4224 tasting notes
  • “Free sample time! I got my sample of this tea over the weekend and decided that this morning was the time to try it. First off the smell is really accurate. When I first smelled the dry tea, I...” Read full tasting note
    caitlin 392 tasting notes
  • “I received this tea in the tea sampler I got from Lupicia. This is definitely a tea that I will buy and drink in the summertime as iced tea! I had this plain today without any additives. I steeped...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1569 tasting notes
  • “Mmm, the smell of freshly sliced kiwis!!! The dry leaves have a nice fruity aroma that translates well into the aroma of the brewed tea. The taste is sharp! It nearly bit me back! Lupicia...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 499 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Black tea is flavored with ripe kiwi fruit and blended with the flesh of the fruit. Also it makes a nice iced tea.

About Lupicia View company

Yummy! I’m really glad I got to try this tea. For those of you who aren’t subscribed to the Lupicia newsletter, you should definitely do so! It’s great to try their tea of the month free every month. (Speaking of which, I’m going to need to place an order with them soon, as I think my subscription will expire around Christmastime)

I saw a review today that described the flavor of this tea as very ‘green-apple’ like. And I am getting that too. But I do taste kiwi as well as a hint of a citrus-y tone that is sort of orange-y… it is a sweet citrus note.

This is a very forgiving tea as I started it brewing and then walked away to another room where I was unable to hear my timer… so it definitely over-steeped a bit. But I can’t taste any bitterness to this tea. It is really tasty. I like this one a lot!

seule771

Thanks for suggestion on subscribing to Lupicia Teas. Site is very nice and pricing most reasonable it seems. Lots of information as well for those learning tea lexicon’s brewing methods.

The Kiwi drank reminded me of Tea Forte’s Kiwi Ginger sampler; I could only note the Ginger and there was sweetness in the cup.

First off the smell is really accurate. When I first smelled the dry tea, I actually felt like I was eating a kiwi! Once steeped it smells more of the same.

Personally I think it tastes way less like kiwi than it smells. It tastes more like green apple to me. I think it tastes perfectly like a green apple jolly ranchers. I think that this would fulfill any candy craving.

I don’t know that I would want to buy more of this tea because it was a little sweet for my taste, but it was definitely a fun to try!

Janefan

Thanks for the warning! I would be disappointed to smell kiwi (which I like) but taste green apple (which I don’t)…

CHAroma

I have to disagree. I don’t think this tastes anything like green apple.

LiberTEAS

I received my sample a few days ago too… I probably will be trying it today.

I received this tea in the tea sampler I got from Lupicia. This is definitely a tea that I will buy and drink in the summertime as iced tea! I had this plain today without any additives. I steeped it for one minute but that was mostly to try and reduce the amount of caffeine I am taking in. It is sweet and tastes almost like kiwis and fresh apples! The more I took a sip, the more it reminded me of apples. This is so delicious and I bet it would taste great with some honey or sugar! There was astringency in the back of my throat, which left me feeling a little thirsty! Great tea overall! My tea shopping list is getting larger! I will wait to make any tea purchases until after June :)

Mmm, the smell of freshly sliced kiwis!!!

Lupicia recommends adding lemon and honey to this tea, and I bet that would help cut back on that sharpness. I don’t want to immediately say bitterness because the aftertaste is actually quite lovely and fruity. So, I’m going to stick with “sharpness.”

The dry leaves had ample kiwi shavings as well as some weird little brown sticks. I have no idea what those are. From looking at the black tea leaves, I don’t think they’re stems because they are a much much lighter brown color than the leaves. But who knows? I guess they could be stems. Or maybe it’s some sort of added spice or something. I doubt it’s from the kiwis…But okay, moving on.

I added a tiny splash of skim milk and that made the tea much smoother and more to my liking (I’m a cream and sugar kind of gal).

Overall, this tea isn’t WOWZA! But it’s not bad either. It’s getting a middle of the road rating from me. Good, but not the best.