Matcha au Lait Mix - Soybean Powder

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

• “Interesting. I don't drink many savory teas; I tend to like my tea sweet enough to rot your teeth out and fruity like Carmen Miranda's head gear. But I made it a goal to try all of Lupicia's...” Read full tasting note
    fashion_piranha 122 tasting notes
  • “Well to start this review off, I have to say I didn't follow the directions because "2 heaping tsps" for 8oz seemed like way too much, but tasting this now I probably could have gone with it. At...” Read full tasting note
    cookies 125 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Just add to milk to this matcha au lait mixture. A lovely combination of sweet aroma of soybean powder and green tea.

About Lupicia View company

Interesting.

I don’t drink many savory teas; I tend to like my tea sweet enough to rot your teeth out and fruity like Carmen Miranda’s head gear. But I made it a goal to try all of Lupicia’s matcha latte blends, and this is the fifth and final flavor.

It’s a nice blend. There’s a nice toasted element thanks to the soybeans, similar to genmaicha. Roasted soy beans and powdered green tea. It’s good mixed into hot water, but mixed with milk it’s even better. The creaminess of the milk makes roasted flavor even more prominent.

I really didn’t think I would care much for this blend, but it’s pretty nice. I’d buy it again.

Well to start this review off, I have to say I didn’t follow the directions because “2 heaping tsps” for 8oz seemed like way too much, but tasting this now I probably could have gone with it. At least I know for next time. I did follow their directions of whisking the matcha into cold milk, and then microwaving it. Which felt odd, but it seemed to work well.

So it did come out a bit light with 1 heaping tsp, but I quite like it. I made it with plain unsweetened soy milk. It tastes quite a bit less vegetal and bitter than plain matcha, as expected. It’s just super creamy and rich with a bit of roasty nuttiness from the soybeans. There is sugar in the ingredients list (but not listed on their website) but it’s not very sweet at all. Even for someone who usually can’t stand sweetened tea. Totally a decadent treat, and I’m kicking myself for not getting the strawberry while I was at it.

I was kind of hoping I wouldn’t like flavored matcha this much, because I really don’t need anymore tea interests. But oh well, off I go to browse RedLeafTea’s site…

Mikumofu

Sounds like something I want to try! :)

cookies

Would you like a sample? I have more than enough to share!

Mikumofu

Thanks for the offer! Unfortunately I’m kind of swamped at present and would have trouble sending something back in return, so I can’t really ask for stuff in good conscience. Maybe some other time!