Matcha au Lait Mix - Sakura

Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

• “mixed 2 tsp. into 8 oz cold Vita Coco 100% Pure Coconut Water. This is quite yummy! It feels like a tropical drink, and the saltiness (my tastebuds perceive) of this matcha mix combines nicely...” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2516 tasting notes
  • “I tried this at the Lupicia store in San Jose. They prepared it with soybean milk. More of a savory flavor, on the salty side. Made me think of green tea ice cream, but instead of creamy it...” Read full tasting note
    fashion_piranha 122 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Just add milk to this matcha au lait mixture. Elegant aroma of Japanese cherry blossoms.

Ingredients: sugar, powdered green tea, powdered cherry leaves, powdered cherry petals

About Lupicia View company

mixed 2 tsp. into 8 oz cold Vita Coco 100% Pure Coconut Water. This is quite yummy! It feels like a tropical drink, and the saltiness (my tastebuds perceive) of this matcha mix combines nicely with the slight sweetness of the coconut water.

I think I like this matcha mix better in cold applications than hot. It somehow seemed to dissolve better this way as well!

Iced 0 min, 15 sec
RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

I just ordered this yesterday I hope I have better luck. I have such high hopes for this one.

Janefan

I wish I’d known – I would have sent you the rest of mine! I have two other flavor I think I’ll like better, but won’t let myself open them until this is gone.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Ahh thanks and as it turns out I was wrong, I ordered the Caramel one.

Janefan

Oh that’s another that I ordered I am looking forward to trying it!

More of a savory flavor, on the salty side. Made me think of green tea ice cream, but instead of creamy it was salty. Slightly bitter, too. Nice but I’m not sure I’d want to drink multiple cups of the stuff.

Ended up buying the strawberry matcha au lait instead.

Cofftea

Ok, I’ve been trying to find out… is this just a flavored matcha or is there powdered milk or something in it much like a chai latte mix? I wonder how this would do in a side by side taste comparison w/ 52teas Strawberry Matcha both made w/ water and milk…

Suzi

It is just a flavored matcha. For the strawberry, the ingredients are ‘sugar, dried strawberry powder, powdered green tea’

Cofftea

Darn sugar! Why must they ruin a perfectly good flavored matcha by adding it? Based on this, I doubt I’ll get any of them. :(

Suzi

Well, the other flavor I bought was caramel so I’m sure there’s sugar in that :-p Based on the taste I’d wager there wasn’t any sugar in the sakura blend, so you could try that one at least!

Cofftea

Not much of a cherry fan… but yeah by definition caramel has sugar in it lol:)

Ah, sweet sweet sugar :)
These are actually my first attempt with anything matcha. We’re in the middle of remodeling our kitchen so getting proper hot water is a pain. All my tea stuff got packed up so I’m relying on tea bags to get me through the day. So when I saw these in Lupicia’s newsletter I thought it was worth a shot, see how it goes.