Matcha au Lait Mix - Caramel

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

From Lupicia

Just add milk to this matcha au lait mixture. Astringency of Uji matcha and sweet caramel flavor make a great matcha.

Ingredients: sugar, concentrated milk, powdered green tea, nonfat condensed milk

About Lupicia View company

I am almost out of this :(. I think I only have one more serving left after this cup but I must say I am throughly enjoying my cup – I think this is my best milk to water ratio yet.

I loved this. Tasty, creamy, slightly sweet, great balance with the matcha. I can see this one turning into a guilty pleasure. Delicious!

gmathis

OK, I have GOT to get on the matcha wagon soon—these all sound so good. Southwest Missouri doesn’t have a clue what loose leaf tea is, let along matcha :)

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

You should get some. It really isn’t expensive and worth the experience. If you want pure matcha try Do Matcha.

Today I made Lupicia’s Caramael Matcha au Lait mix like this:
1. Two teaspoons of matcha powder in the cup
2. Cup half-filled with hot water
3. Whisk stir whisk stir.
4. Fill the rest of the cup with 2% milk (because i don’t like drinking hot hot tea, the cold milk cooled the drink to the perfect temperature)
5. Whisk stir whisk stir.
6. GULP GULP YUM YUM.

It was pretty good. Kinda creamy. I can’t say that I get a strong sense of ‘caramel’ from the drink. Just green tea, with perhaps a hint of burnt sugar. Maybe I put too much milk in, and it was drowned out? But that doesn’t seem right, since the tea was pretty thick. shrug

jessica

ha ha this sounds delicious… but too bad it sorta flopped…
have you tried adding soy milk instead? it tends to be lighter or rice milk?

Suzi

I’ll have to pick some up next time at the market, it seems worth a shot!

jessica

woot. i know how it feels when you flop..

I totally should have sifted this because it took forever stirring and trying to smash up matcha clumps but the good thing is that it took so long that the hot milk cooled to easy driving temperature by the time I was done. I used soy milk and it was soooooo good but maybe too thick so maybe I should water it down with a bit of water next time. It was a little clumpy at the end since the matcha settled so the matcha taste was really strong at the end. So I need to mix well next time… Or I could’ve added some hot water to draw it out.

(182!)
So I appreciate the chance to try matcha from a different company, but this just isn’t doing it for me. Red Leaf makes me happier. It’s ok Lupicia, you make great blends. Don’t worry about the matcha.

And thanks VariaTEA for letting me try this out!

Dustin

I really didn’t enjoy Lupicia’s flavored matchas either. Kind of a bummer that they flop so hard on this when they do other flavored teas so well!

Cavocorax

It’s strange, eh? At least they rock at everything else!

This is thick and very vegetal. It is also incredibly sweet with an aftertaste of caramel. Thank you to both Dustin and jump62359 for sharing but I think the rest will be passed along for others to try as this is just not for me.

is it just really sweet?

VariaTEA

Overly sweet and incredibly grassy.

It’s freakin 11:30am AND I JUST WOKE UP.
Dude. This is my coffee in the morning okay. Nice and perfectly creamy with my vanilla almond milk! A sad sipdown, but next time I take a trip to Lupicia, I’ll definitely pick up a pack of their other flavours :)