Matcha au Lait Mix - Strawberry

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan
Boiling 1 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Lupicia

Just add milk to this matcha au lait mixture. Sweet strawberry flavor and milk make a wonderfully aromatic green tea au lait.

Ingredients: sugar, dried strawberry powder, powdered green tea

About Lupicia View company

I finally figured out my best approach to Lupicia’s Matcha au Lait mix. First, I put a tablespoon’s worth of tea in my bowl. (I don’t have any teacups large enough yet shallow enough to whisk in, so I use one of those bowls Chinese restaurants serve rice in.) Then I fill the bowl about a third of the way with hot water, and whisk it until the tea’s blended in. At that point, it’s a very thick matcha. Then I fill the bowl the rest of the way with milk, and whisk again. Since the tea’s already dispersed in the hot water, this method avoids the clumpiness I had when I just used milk (even when I heated the milk first), plus adding the milk second helps cool the tea down so I can drink it immediately.

The strawberry flavor isn’t strong, but it’s definitely there. With the milk it’s very tasty.

When I was at Lupicia last week, all the matcha au laits were on sale. I wonder if this means it’s being discontinued already? Did anyone happen to notice if this was a limited edition for summer?

Cofftea

Suzi needs a chawan:) I’ve never had any of the au laits, but a TB seems like a lot. If you like orange, definitely try this w/ orange juice. Regular strawberry matcha is amazing this way so I can only imagine this would be just as spectacular:)

Cofftea

I actually think they’re more of a winter thing (at least in my head) so maybe sales are just down.

Suzi

I guess I do :-p Maybe a TB is big, but it’s a big bowl too so…gotta fill it up somehow! :-p

LiberTEAS

A tablespoon doesn’t seem like too much of a latte mix. That’s about what I use for the Domo lattes. And… Suzi, I have a couple of those rice bowls, and they would work fine as a chawan… in fact, I was noticing a couple of weeks ago that the rice bowls that I have are just about the right shape and size for a large chawan.

LiberTEAS

Oh… and I wanted to add, that if you do finally decide to break down and get yourself a chawan, you can find some excellent chawans on Etsy. I have 3 chawans now and have purchased all three on Etsy. I adore them… plus, they were much more economical than purchasing them from a tea merchant.

Suzi

Any etsy sellers you’d recommend? I love browsing that site :)

After the vegetal overload of the matcha au lait – caramel, I decided to cut the amount of “leaf” in half which meant I used 1 tsp (which is still double what I would have used without guidance from the company. Unfortunately this was still too grassy and the strawberry flavor too sweet (and artificial) for my tastes. This too will be passed along and I think I will stick to Lupicia teas and Red Leaf Tea’s matcha in the future. Nonetheless I am super appreciative of Dustin giving me the opportunity to try something new so thank you Dustin!!

My breakfast today is heavenly – I made a smoothie with this matcha, an entire 2 cups of strawberries, banana, chia seeds, soymilk, and some cashew “cream” I made last night.

Really yummy and delicious – tastes almost like a dessert. I am getting that Vitamin C in today! Lots of it!

Tried this for the first time this morning and I think it is going to take some tweaking to get it right. I followed the instructions, but I didn’t get any strawberry and my cup was bitter even after adding a bit of extra sugar. I used my usual powdered goat milk, which has a flavor of it’s own, but shouldn’t have been able to drown out the strawberry. The first ingredient is sugar which makes me feel like I might not be getting that much matcha for the price. I don’t know… I’m not excited about this purchase, but I’ll try it a few more times before I give up on it.

Boiling