Matcha (100g)

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Stephanie
160 °F / 71 °C

• “Yesterday ya might as well've called me Alexander. It was definitely a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I mujst have slept on my neck wrong cuz I woke up in *severe* pain. Moving my neck...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “This is good matcha. The only one I'll keep around regularly because the price points of other fancier matchas are usually laughable. So I had a hangover this morning. And I really needed...” Read full tasting note
    chávena 31 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Matcha produced in Shizuoka. As well as drinking it on its own, it can be used for cooking.

About Lupicia View company

Yesterday ya might as well’ve called me Alexander. It was definitely a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I mujst have slept on my neck wrong cuz I woke up in severe pain. Moving my neck at all was impossible. This meant no tea. It was literally impossible. Inspite taking 2 Motrin IB every 4 hours, my pain wasn’t touched. The simple act of getting into bed last nite caused the most intense pain I’ve ever experienced- and that’s saying a lot. By 11am, I was finally feeling a little improvement so I decided to make a variation of my dreamsicle koicha. 20ml each vanilla coffee creamer and OJ to 1tsp sifted matcha. The difference of the creamer is amazing. So much thicker! Almost like melted ice cream, if not thicker, vs a thin milk shake or flavored milk. The matcha holds up nicely, but unfortunately the OJ gets lost.

Iced
Suzi

OMG I loved that book when I was a kid!!!
Sorry to hear about the neck pain, though :( Are you feeling better today?

Cofftea

Yeah, I can’t make any jerk movements and it hurts if I lift myself up quickly w/ my arms- but at least I can move which is good cuz I’m going to a concert tonite. Can’t wait to see what teas they offer (it’s a tea and coffee cafe)- I know they have blooming teas which isn’t real common.

Suzi

Sounds like fun! :)

__Morgana__

Are you going to move to Australia? :-)

Cofftea

Morgana, huh? No. Where did you get that idea?

This is good matcha. The only one I’ll keep around regularly because the price points of other fancier matchas are usually laughable.

So I had a hangover this morning. And I really needed caffeine. And juice. Ever had one of those hangovers where coffee will make you sick, but you’re pretty sure OJ will too?

1tbsp matcha + 2oz warm water to dissolve. Top with lemonade over ice. Vitamin C, caffeine, and hydration all at once? Yes. It also allows one to drink it steadily at work and look like a healthy person, not a shambling zombie who had too many shots of tequila the night before, desperate for a caffeine fix.

Anyway, the matcha as tea is nice. More earthy than other blends and a little darker in color so not a super high grade most likely but whatever. When it gets colder I’ll be mixing this with hot milk and vanilla when I have hangovers.