Good Morning

Malt, Tannin
Edit tea info Last updated by Lily Cheng
Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 9 oz / 266 ml

• “Good Morning! I received this tea in my Lupicia happy bag. Uggg I'm in pain all over, holiday break from jiu jitsu and returning after the break = painful. I hurt all over and feel tired. Feels...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1035 tasting notes
  • “I drank this cuppa this morning, but I've only now had time to actually sit down and log on to my laptop. There was only enough tea leaf for one more cup so I had it with some skim milk. The milk...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1585 tasting notes
  • “Drinking a morning tea in the afternoon is surely the best way to start the day. This is one of the last teas from my Lupicia Happy Bag that I haven't tried yet, and the reason for that is, I have...” Read full tasting note
    atrofca 30 tasting notes
  • “I used too much tea. I will be using my husbands razor to shave my chest soon. JAYZUS was this tea strong! Re-do needed. I still drank it. I'm such a tea whore. ” Read full tasting note
    Donkeytiara 125 tasting notes

From Lupicia

A blend of African tea and Assam tea. An uplifting tea to start a day. Best served with milk.

About Lupicia View company

Good Morning! I received this tea in my Lupicia happy bag. Uggg I’m in pain all over, holiday break from jiu jitsu and returning after the break = painful. I hurt all over and feel tired. Feels great to be back, though annoyed I couldn’t finish a choke on a guy as he got saved by the bell!

STEEPED: classic dark amber brown black tea look.

TASTE: English breakfasty tasting, though I find this one (compared to other bags of English breakfast I’ve had) very clean tasting. No bitterness or dryness.

Admittedly, I don’t drink this kind of tea very much and it’s something I don’t buy for myself, so other than it tasting pretty clean and not bitter, not sure how this stacks up against others. Though I think this tea not bad.

Going back to ice packs and heating pads.

Ze_Teamaker

eh, that’s not fun. Hope you feel better soon.

Also I never been to fond of breakfast teas. They always seem kinda blahzai.

I drank this cuppa this morning, but I’ve only now had time to actually sit down and log on to my laptop. There was only enough tea leaf for one more cup so I had it with some skim milk. The milk smoothes the tea out nicely and while it doesn’t turn it into anything mind-blowing I could see this being a solid, go-to breakfast tea for people like me who need a kick in the ass in the morning.

Drinking a morning tea in the afternoon is surely the best way to start the day. This is one of the last teas from my Lupicia Happy Bag that I haven’t tried yet, and the reason for that is, I have never been a breakfast tea type person. Don’t get me wrong, — I love a mean Earl Grey like the rest of them, but ultimately, I prefer sweet and fruity black teas over bold ones. I often find them too bitter.

This one, however, is the exception. It is still a bold tea, but even with brewing it a minute longer than Lupicia’s recommendation, I had a very smooth experience. Anyway, I added two ounces of milk, so there’s that, haha.

I don’t think I’ll repurchase it nevertheless.

Anna

I might try this now, just because you’re my Cosmic Lupicia Twin – if you think it’s pretty decent, it probably is.

Crystal O.

That’s a very high honor! :D

I used too much tea. I will be using my husbands razor to shave my chest soon. JAYZUS was this tea strong! Re-do needed. I still drank it. I’m such a tea whore.

TTTTB

Gods, this is just what I needed after an almost 5mi run at 0700 today…it’s full-bodied like an assam, but without the lingering astringency and bitterness that I often run into. Two tsps of sugar and a splash of whole milk served to mellow the brew out nicely and it made a perfect accompaniment to watching Terra Nova and responding to emails.

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

This tea is good at being what it is, which unfortunately means that it’s not really to my taste at all. It’s very strong and quite bitter, even when brewed normally, and the flavor is fairly malty. I always have to add milk and usually also sweeten it — I’m finishing it up with some vanilla creamer right now, and for me it needs that to make it easy to drink without wincing from the bitterness. On the flipside, if you like strong black teas and want to be able to add a lot of things to them, you’ll probably love this. (Although perhaps unsurprisingly, I haven’t tried many teas similar to this one and I can’t really directly compare it.)

Flavors: Malt, Tannin

It’s ridiculous how cold it is outside :(

I wasn’t very impressed when I got this tea in this year’s Happy Bag. And then CTC Assam that I saw disappointed me further (Not sure why? I keep thinking that CTC stuff is some below-mediocre leaves. Where did I get it from?). I thought it would be just a boring and astringent blend.

I am happy to announce, however, that it is much better than I expected. While it brews into a very dark amber color, it is not crazily astringent at all. Sure there’s bitterness, but with no wince-worthy aftertaste that I dislike. Actually there’s a fair amount of sweetness to it.

While I probably wouldn’t seek out the opportunity to buy it, these days it seems to make a nice everyday morning tea – which I am guessing was Lupicia’s goal here. So – well done!

Boiling 2 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Kamyria

Yes, the weather is ridiculous. It seems that the closer we get to spring (will it even come??) the more layers I’m putting on. Should be the other way around.

Kat_Maria

At least it ceased to be windy today, here in Pennsylvania, and it seems to make a world of a difference already. The sun is out too… It’s super cold, however. I think there’s still 3-4 weeks before any first signs of spring even start to appear :(

The best breakfast blend I have had in a long time. Quite good without milk if you like your tea that way. It has a strong flavor but is quite smooth without the bitterness of some breakfast teas.

This is my favorite morning tea; it’s a strong black tea but not at all bitter – just robust. Add in a little cream and sugar, and I’m ready for a great day! Highly recommended.

It’s a foggy, somewhat muggy September day in San Francisco. The office is quiet; I have no meetings. A cheese bagel and a delightful cup of Good Morning with sweetener and milk is the perfect thing. Or a cheese bagel and two cups…

Good Morning is, as the description states, a good, basic black blend that is a very smooth, pleasant start to just about any day.