Momo Oolong Super Grade

Fruit Oolong Blend
Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “This is such a delicious oolong. I had the first peach of the season this morning that I got from Whole Foods last night. Delightful. I love all the summer fruit. Yesterday before I left the...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2307 tasting notes
  • “The only hot tea I have brewed up currently, another sample from *Azzrian*! Thrilled that it's another pouchong blend, as I loved Mandarin Silk from the Persimmon Tree. Aroma is definitely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “This comes to me from *Jennkay*--thank you! It smells peachy as it brews, but decidedly like a white peach and not a yellow one. The taste is even better than the smell: oh my goodness! It's a very...” Read full tasting note
    bluebelle 408 tasting notes
  • “Thanks Azzrian! I just may be the last Steepster to try this (ok...maybe not...but there have been TONS of others!) This is wonderful! It really hits the spot today! It's gently floral and...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Savor the succulent flavor and aroma of Japanese white peach in this Taiwanese pouchong blend accented with pink rose petals.

The noble sweetness of Japanese white peach, with its fresh and subtle flavour, is justly matched with a superior grade Taiwanese Oolong. An aromatic and refreshing blend that is extremely soft on the palate.

About Lupicia View company

I am pretty sure this was meant to be cold brewed, but I rarely ever cold brew tea. I’m more of a hot tea kind of person. :P This tea is pretty peachy, but doesn’t taste burnt which is a relief. I think that Adagio tea scarred me with the burnt peach. xD Maybe I got a bad batch? Who knows.
Anywho, this is alright tea. At least hot. I’m sure it’s a lot sweeter and better when it’s cold! Maybe I’ll have to just give in and try it iced one of these days.
Thanks for the sample, mj! I’m really excited to have tried Lupica finally! :D

Flavors: Peach

Virginia

Wow. Great tasting note.

Another great flavored tea from Lupicia! I tried their other peach which I believe had a black base and wasn’t thoroughly impressed. However, this peach flavored oolong was spot on. The peach was blended well enough that it was only slightly present in the after taste, the way I feel a lot of flavored teas should be. The oolong was a beautiful base tea to go with the peach flavor and overall it was just well-blended. It brews a nice golden/green color and is slightly aromatic but not overpowering.

Iced

Ok. This is the best cold brew of my life. Seriously. A truly beautiful soft peach flavour, bold, but not overpowering with wonderful floral notes and a velvety texture. I did get a bit of astringency but I probably just left in the fridge for too long. When I took my first sip I was so shocked at how good this is, it’s like the fanciest most precious juice you’ll ever drink. Wow. I want moar moar MORE

mj

I’ve been so excited for you to try this! So good!!

Mmmm, peachy iced tea!

Thank you Virginia for suggesting that we add this to our Lupicia order! Such a good call!! This tea is DELICIOUS. The peach really is a white peach and so juicy tasting. I’m also getting that clean mouthfeel that I enjoyed so much in Lupicia’s Kiwi tea. Also, apparently I love pouchong? I’m equally as obsessed with Golden Moon’s Coconut Pouchong. But pouchong is usually not roasted and I thought I liked roasty oolongs…also I didn’t really care for a greener oolong I had the other day. I’m kinda confused…whatever, I’m over it. This tea is just so great. My advice to you is to buy it!

Flavors: Peach

Boiling 1 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
TheTeaFairy

Good to know! Me love my peaches and my Pouchong :-)
On the wish list it goes…

mj

Lupicia doesn’t ship to Canada, right? I can ship you a sample if you want before you go through all the trouble of trying to order some.

TheTeaFairy

Aww, thanks mj, you are so sweet but it’s ok, I found my way around that no shipping to canada none sense, they now offer me a flat shipping rate of $15 on orders over $60 :-)

I love ALL their oolongs so far, so I’ m sure to like this one as well, will be part of my next order for sure…maybe some other times, when I don’t have so many “transactions” going on, we could do a real swap though ;-)

mj

Oh, I didn’t mean that you’d have to send me in anything in return! I mean, I wouldn’t turn down a swap but it was not necessary :-) And I’m glad you found a way around their shipping policy!

TheTeaFairy

I know ;-) i just can’t take anything without sending something in return, just the way I was brought up I guess!! But I meant what I said, I’d love for us to swap one of these days :-)

mj

That would be fun! Let me know :-)

I tried this in the Westfield Center store. It was mildly fruity and delicious. As I was there just to pick up something, I don’t remember much beyond really liking it.

If I am able to visit a store again, hopefully I can get another sample.

Got a ton of this tea from ifjuly-thank you!!

You can definitely tell that spring is in the air. Aside from the weather, which is temperamental at the best of times to begin with, I think a lot of us are busting out different types and flavours of tea. Descriptions of this oolong seemed to fit the bill perfectly this morning.

I brewed it up the way I have other oolongs from lupicia—for four minutes, because I’ve found that the recommended two-minute brew seems to enhance this odd earthy taste and set the flavouring in the background, which I’m not a huge fan of. So four minutes it was. This smells of the gentlest of peaches, and the flavouring is rather gentle as well. It’s one of those teas where, if you want to coax all the flavour you can, you need to keep your nose buried in the cup as you sip, so that you can taste and sniff and swallow all at once. If only the peach flavouring were a smidge stronger, I’d say this was the ideal peach tea. As it is it’s pretty damned awesome, and I have a ton of it to play around with, so I’m still convinced I can make it taste even better. And god how I love the floral backdrop to all these oolongs. Floral floral floral!

In a few hours, we’ll be closer to the weekend ahead of us, guys! and a long one, for Canadians anyway. Thank god

Sami Kelsh

Man. You’re making me want peaches. And oolong. These things are good. Long weekends are also good! Ours in the UK is the weekend after this one, but since I’m working the Saturday and Sunday anyway, this weekend is MY long weekend! Woohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

keychange

Peaches, oolong, long weekends-recipe for a good life!

Terri HarpLady

I have gigs today, Friday, & Sunday, so no rest for the wicked, but luckily I love what I do!
“Takin’ care of bizness!”

keychange

You are very lucky, terry. Loving what you do makes everything feel so much more worthwhile.

Newbie, very new to this game. I believe this is my very first oolong, and anticipating that I will be a slightly trashy tea enthusiast, this is peach flavoured. This tastes soooo fresh. And, duh, if one pays some attention to steeping time, one gets no bitterness at all. Im in a whole new tea world.

Memily

Welcome, friend!

I hate to bring the rating down on this one, but the sample I got of this from Lupicia was not good at all. Upfront, the peach flavoring was excellent, and I really rarely enjoy peach flavored anything, so it gets points for that. But the tea base was really very bland and it left a chlorine-like aftertaste. I would have thought it had something to do with the water, but we used the same pot of water for other teas and they were great. Maybe it was just a bad batch?

Thank you, Jennkay, for sending me a sample of this!

I had it last night to crown my Day with Lupicia. I don’t have to tell you that I had huge expectations of this one and that, if I decided it was so good I couldn’t live without it, I would include it in my upcoming Lupicia order.

The wiry and big grass-green leaves (with bits of rose petals) steep into a golden brew. The aroma, at first, wasn’t very pleasing, I must say, it smelled like an extremely generic peach tea with a twist of some bitterness.

Tasting went a little better – it is definitely a light, good quality oolong with a very subtle peach flavoring (talk about Golden Moon level of subtlety – which is nice). There was no bitterness at all, not even on the second steep. It seemed to me like its flavor is becoming more and more sophisticated and pronounced as it cooled down. And that is pretty disappointing to me, since I don’t like iced tea and I never ever cold-brew my teas.

Also, I think I am not just too excited about peach flavor in tea. I do not hate it, I will always be pretty open to any peach teas that come my way, perhaps I will even consider obtaining some from time to time, but, ultimately, it’s not a thing that I am obsessed about.

So I guess I can live without this tea. I think I will be getting something else from Lupicia this time. Next time, I might be tempted to try it again, and actually get it then.

keychange

Thanks for reviewing a lot of Lupicia teas. I’m hopefully planning a trip to Cali in June, and am definitely coming back with some lupicia tea.

Kat_Maria

Sounds great, keychange! I wish I could actually go to one of their stores… And yeah, by June I should review even more of their teas. They do seem to be pretty awesome, on the whole, especially if you consider that they are rather inexpensive. Too bad they don’t do samples, though!

Or ship to Canada! :( :(

Kat_Maria

Oh, right, that kind of sucks, too :(