Momo Oolong Super Grade

Fruit Oolong Blend
Peach, Creamy, Dried Fruit, Floral, Sweet, Vegetal, Perfume
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Lupicia

Savor the succulent flavor and aroma of Japanese white peach in this Taiwanese pouchong blend accented with pink rose petals.

The noble sweetness of Japanese white peach, with its fresh and subtle flavour, is justly matched with a superior grade Taiwanese Oolong. An aromatic and refreshing blend that is extremely soft on the palate.

About Lupicia View company

Got a ton of this tea from ifjuly-thank you!!

You can definitely tell that spring is in the air. Aside from the weather, which is temperamental at the best of times to begin with, I think a lot of us are busting out different types and flavours of tea. Descriptions of this oolong seemed to fit the bill perfectly this morning.

I brewed it up the way I have other oolongs from lupicia—for four minutes, because I’ve found that the recommended two-minute brew seems to enhance this odd earthy taste and set the flavouring in the background, which I’m not a huge fan of. So four minutes it was. This smells of the gentlest of peaches, and the flavouring is rather gentle as well. It’s one of those teas where, if you want to coax all the flavour you can, you need to keep your nose buried in the cup as you sip, so that you can taste and sniff and swallow all at once. If only the peach flavouring were a smidge stronger, I’d say this was the ideal peach tea. As it is it’s pretty damned awesome, and I have a ton of it to play around with, so I’m still convinced I can make it taste even better. And god how I love the floral backdrop to all these oolongs. Floral floral floral!

In a few hours, we’ll be closer to the weekend ahead of us, guys! and a long one, for Canadians anyway. Thank god

Sami Kelsh

Man. You’re making me want peaches. And oolong. These things are good. Long weekends are also good! Ours in the UK is the weekend after this one, but since I’m working the Saturday and Sunday anyway, this weekend is MY long weekend! Woohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

keychange

Peaches, oolong, long weekends-recipe for a good life!

Terri HarpLady

I have gigs today, Friday, & Sunday, so no rest for the wicked, but luckily I love what I do!
“Takin’ care of bizness!”

keychange

You are very lucky, terry. Loving what you do makes everything feel so much more worthwhile.

Newbie, very new to this game. I believe this is my very first oolong, and anticipating that I will be a slightly trashy tea enthusiast, this is peach flavoured. This tastes soooo fresh. And, duh, if one pays some attention to steeping time, one gets no bitterness at all. Im in a whole new tea world.

Memily

Welcome, friend!

I hate to bring the rating down on this one, but the sample I got of this from Lupicia was not good at all. Upfront, the peach flavoring was excellent, and I really rarely enjoy peach flavored anything, so it gets points for that. But the tea base was really very bland and it left a chlorine-like aftertaste. I would have thought it had something to do with the water, but we used the same pot of water for other teas and they were great. Maybe it was just a bad batch?

Thank you, Jennkay, for sending me a sample of this!

I had it last night to crown my Day with Lupicia. I don’t have to tell you that I had huge expectations of this one and that, if I decided it was so good I couldn’t live without it, I would include it in my upcoming Lupicia order.

The wiry and big grass-green leaves (with bits of rose petals) steep into a golden brew. The aroma, at first, wasn’t very pleasing, I must say, it smelled like an extremely generic peach tea with a twist of some bitterness.

Tasting went a little better – it is definitely a light, good quality oolong with a very subtle peach flavoring (talk about Golden Moon level of subtlety – which is nice). There was no bitterness at all, not even on the second steep. It seemed to me like its flavor is becoming more and more sophisticated and pronounced as it cooled down. And that is pretty disappointing to me, since I don’t like iced tea and I never ever cold-brew my teas.

Also, I think I am not just too excited about peach flavor in tea. I do not hate it, I will always be pretty open to any peach teas that come my way, perhaps I will even consider obtaining some from time to time, but, ultimately, it’s not a thing that I am obsessed about.

So I guess I can live without this tea. I think I will be getting something else from Lupicia this time. Next time, I might be tempted to try it again, and actually get it then.

keychange

Thanks for reviewing a lot of Lupicia teas. I’m hopefully planning a trip to Cali in June, and am definitely coming back with some lupicia tea.

Kat_Maria

Sounds great, keychange! I wish I could actually go to one of their stores… And yeah, by June I should review even more of their teas. They do seem to be pretty awesome, on the whole, especially if you consider that they are rather inexpensive. Too bad they don’t do samples, though!

Or ship to Canada! :( :(

Kat_Maria

Oh, right, that kind of sucks, too :(

MMMM. This is so comforting. I love the sweetness. It’s like a hug in a cup. I would put it at 100 but since it’s probably not organic and they probably use artificial flavorings, I put it lower. I couldn’t even find their ingredients on their website. It just links to other teas. meh. oh well. Finishing this tea and I’ll probably try to remake it using organic ingredients.

It’s so peachy! I took this iced to work today, and was sad when I drank it all. It’s not too strong a fruit taste like when I’m drinking my Teavana teas, and the green tea base is noticeable but not too strong.

Ohhhhh very deep texture flavor with rounded qualities. Makes you just want to stare mindfully and sigh. It is a very spiritually relaxing tea making it great for an early morning or post-breakfast.

My favorite tea from Lupicia! It’s fragrant, light, and refreshing.

This is one of my tea staples. I like peach teas, and this smells like a ripe, juicy peach. The peach flavor is strong but doesn’t overwhelm the excellent oolong tea. The peach flavor is much more pronounced here than in Lupicia’s regular Momo tea. This is a “big” tea, in that the leaves are loosely rolled and unfurl to enormous size. Like most of Lupicia’s teas, it’s very pleasing to look at in the tin – rosey flower petals against large, deep green leaves of oolong.