Momo Oolong Super Grade

Fruit Oolong Blend
Floral, Peach, Fruity, Sweet, Creamy, Dried Fruit, Vegetal, Perfume
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Lupicia

Savor the succulent flavor and aroma of Japanese white peach in this Taiwanese pouchong blend accented with pink rose petals.

The noble sweetness of Japanese white peach, with its fresh and subtle flavour, is justly matched with a superior grade Taiwanese Oolong. An aromatic and refreshing blend that is extremely soft on the palate.

About Lupicia View company

Perfume is a great way to explain this tea.
I wanted to review this tea the first time I drank it but I decided to hold off. The oolong pieces are rather twisty and look nice, but looks are not what makes this tea appealing. Between the green/vegetable oolong taste and the white peace, this tea taste very light and splendid. The rose flavoring is not very strong which is nice because a floral taste that takes over a tea makes it horrendous. I am thankful I got this tea, though it is hard to describe to anyone… it’s like drinking the smell of a light perfume, which doesn’t sound appealing but it really is. I have only been using 1-2g of tea to brew this so I look forward to adding a bit more to see what it would be like if it is stronger.

So many steepsterites seem to love this tea but alas, I think it is lost on me seeing as I am just not an oolong fan. I wanted to love it, I really did, but the peach is not as strong as I hoped and the base is just too powerful. I can see why this would be loved by some but its just not for me.

Oh my goodness…this is something I could definitely see myself drinking every single day! I just made it and took my first sip a couple of minutes ago and with each passing sip, it grows on me more and more (especially as the peach flavor comes out more and more). I’m sure this would be perfect iced, as well. Not to mention the leaves were quite pretty to look at! I may have the opportunity to go to a Lupicia store next weekend (crossing fingers), so I’ll have my eye on this one!

ETA: Thanks to Jennkay for the sample!

Flavors: Peach

Ost

Ohh what you gonna get there?? :O

The Cookie Lady

I have no idea yet! I’m not even 100% sure that I’m going to be able to go, but I’m doing a race in Newport or Huntington or something like that on Sunday. So, I’ll be passing the Costa Mesa location on my way back home. Assuming I can convince my car-mates to stop and peruse, then I’ll be a happy kid! I’m looking at Cameron B.‘s thread about everyone’s favorite Lupicia teas just in case :)

Ost

I’m excited for you-just even the possibility of going!!! I need to go again soonnnn

Jennkay

I love this tea as a cold brew, but it takes up so much leaf!

I think Ost sent me this sample! Thanks Ost!

I like pouchong a lot. Nice and light and floral. Pairs very well with sweet fruit like peaches. Another fruity winner from Lupicia!

Lariel of Lórien

Hail the Momo!

For some reason, I’m not feeling the black tea vibe this morning, which is very strange for me. I usually have two or three black teas before I try any other types. Oh well, there’s a first time for everything I suppose! (I did have one black tea before this though…) Miss mj sent this sample to me a little while ago. Her samples got a little bit buried under the mass influx of other teas I’ve been getting from my several recent swaps, sorry! I must say, I was pretty excited to try this one after loving Lupicia’s Melon Oolong so much. This is a different style of oolong – the leaves are left long and slightly twisty instead of being rolled into pellets. Their color is a medium green with some yellow tint and there are dried rose petals mixed in. Dry scent is very mild peach with some sweetness. I steeped a heaping teaspoon of leaves for 3 minutes at 190 degrees.

Yum, the aroma is intoxicating. The peach is sweet and concentrated, more similar to a dried peach than a fresh one. There are also notes of honey and very light vegetal and floral scents. The taste is a bit lighter than I anticipated based on the aroma. There is a lovely peach flavor here, and it still reminds me of dried peaches or fruit leather rather than a fresh peach (not a bad thing!). I could do with a bit more peach, but as is, it really melds well with the oolong itself. I find that a lot of green oolongs have natural peach notes, and this is very similar to that but with the peach amped up. The oolong itself is mild and sweet with a creamy texture. Now, I am not the biggest fan of green oolong generally, but this one is pretty tasty with the extra peachiness. :)

Flavors: Creamy, Dried Fruit, Floral, Peach, Sweet, Vegetal

I love peach. This is one of the most delicious peach teas – great hot and cold. I got two solid steeps out of it, very peachy both times. The oolong was flavorful too, it was green but not too grassy. The oolong and peach were balanced to me on the first steep, and pretty well balanced the second with the oolong flavor becoming a hair more prominent than the peach. Still delicious.

Also starting to drink this one more and more this week. So delicious. Love the peach and floral combo-sooo good!
I am finding Lupicia teas to be quite refreshing for this emotional week….
Also…to make it even more emotional, I might be seeing my long estranged sister who I haven’t seen in years on Thursday. Excited, but also kinda nervous. Not sure how to feel exactly. Just hopefully I don’t cry over seeing her too! XD

Alexsia TeaNecromancer

Good luck! Seeing an estranged relative is tense as hell, so I hope all goes well!

Ost

Yeah…she left home in 2008, and she goes in and out of contact with us through the years…she has kinda been a bit off over the last few years. shall be interesting.

Anlina

I hope it goes well!

Fjellrev

I hope it goes well too!

Rosehips

Good luck! (if luck is what one wishes in such situations)

Thanks you guys (:

Another great flavored tea from Lupicia! I tried their other peach which I believe had a black base and wasn’t thoroughly impressed. However, this peach flavored oolong was spot on. The peach was blended well enough that it was only slightly present in the after taste, the way I feel a lot of flavored teas should be. The oolong was a beautiful base tea to go with the peach flavor and overall it was just well-blended. It brews a nice golden/green color and is slightly aromatic but not overpowering.

Iced

Ok. This is the best cold brew of my life. Seriously. A truly beautiful soft peach flavour, bold, but not overpowering with wonderful floral notes and a velvety texture. I did get a bit of astringency but I probably just left in the fridge for too long. When I took my first sip I was so shocked at how good this is, it’s like the fanciest most precious juice you’ll ever drink. Wow. I want moar moar MORE

mj

I’ve been so excited for you to try this! So good!!

Mmmm, peachy iced tea!

Thank you Virginia for suggesting that we add this to our Lupicia order! Such a good call!! This tea is DELICIOUS. The peach really is a white peach and so juicy tasting. I’m also getting that clean mouthfeel that I enjoyed so much in Lupicia’s Kiwi tea. Also, apparently I love pouchong? I’m equally as obsessed with Golden Moon’s Coconut Pouchong. But pouchong is usually not roasted and I thought I liked roasty oolongs…also I didn’t really care for a greener oolong I had the other day. I’m kinda confused…whatever, I’m over it. This tea is just so great. My advice to you is to buy it!

Flavors: Peach

Boiling 1 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
TheTeaFairy

Good to know! Me love my peaches and my Pouchong :-)
On the wish list it goes…

mj

Lupicia doesn’t ship to Canada, right? I can ship you a sample if you want before you go through all the trouble of trying to order some.

TheTeaFairy

Aww, thanks mj, you are so sweet but it’s ok, I found my way around that no shipping to canada none sense, they now offer me a flat shipping rate of $15 on orders over $60 :-)

I love ALL their oolongs so far, so I’ m sure to like this one as well, will be part of my next order for sure…maybe some other times, when I don’t have so many “transactions” going on, we could do a real swap though ;-)

mj

Oh, I didn’t mean that you’d have to send me in anything in return! I mean, I wouldn’t turn down a swap but it was not necessary :-) And I’m glad you found a way around their shipping policy!

TheTeaFairy

I know ;-) i just can’t take anything without sending something in return, just the way I was brought up I guess!! But I meant what I said, I’d love for us to swap one of these days :-)

mj

That would be fun! Let me know :-)