Momo Oolong Super Grade

Fruit Oolong Blend
Peach, Creamy, Dried Fruit, Floral, Sweet, Vegetal, Perfume
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “This is such a delicious oolong. I had the first peach of the season this morning that I got from Whole Foods last night. Delightful. I love all the summer fruit. Yesterday before I left the...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2469 tasting notes
  • “The only hot tea I have brewed up currently, another sample from *Azzrian*! Thrilled that it's another pouchong blend, as I loved Mandarin Silk from the Persimmon Tree. Aroma is definitely...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2387 tasting notes
  • “This comes to me from *Jennkay*--thank you! It smells peachy as it brews, but decidedly like a white peach and not a yellow one. The taste is even better than the smell: oh my goodness! It's a very...” Read full tasting note
    bluebelle 447 tasting notes
  • “Thanks Azzrian! I just may be the last Steepster to try this (ok...maybe not...but there have been TONS of others!) This is wonderful! It really hits the spot today! It's gently floral and...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Savor the succulent flavor and aroma of Japanese white peach in this Taiwanese pouchong blend accented with pink rose petals.

The noble sweetness of Japanese white peach, with its fresh and subtle flavour, is justly matched with a superior grade Taiwanese Oolong. An aromatic and refreshing blend that is extremely soft on the palate.

About Lupicia View company

Newbie, very new to this game. I believe this is my very first oolong, and anticipating that I will be a slightly trashy tea enthusiast, this is peach flavoured. This tastes soooo fresh. And, duh, if one pays some attention to steeping time, one gets no bitterness at all. Im in a whole new tea world.

Memily

Welcome, friend!

I hate to bring the rating down on this one, but the sample I got of this from Lupicia was not good at all. Upfront, the peach flavoring was excellent, and I really rarely enjoy peach flavored anything, so it gets points for that. But the tea base was really very bland and it left a chlorine-like aftertaste. I would have thought it had something to do with the water, but we used the same pot of water for other teas and they were great. Maybe it was just a bad batch?

Thank you, Jennkay, for sending me a sample of this!

I had it last night to crown my Day with Lupicia. I don’t have to tell you that I had huge expectations of this one and that, if I decided it was so good I couldn’t live without it, I would include it in my upcoming Lupicia order.

The wiry and big grass-green leaves (with bits of rose petals) steep into a golden brew. The aroma, at first, wasn’t very pleasing, I must say, it smelled like an extremely generic peach tea with a twist of some bitterness.

Tasting went a little better – it is definitely a light, good quality oolong with a very subtle peach flavoring (talk about Golden Moon level of subtlety – which is nice). There was no bitterness at all, not even on the second steep. It seemed to me like its flavor is becoming more and more sophisticated and pronounced as it cooled down. And that is pretty disappointing to me, since I don’t like iced tea and I never ever cold-brew my teas.

Also, I think I am not just too excited about peach flavor in tea. I do not hate it, I will always be pretty open to any peach teas that come my way, perhaps I will even consider obtaining some from time to time, but, ultimately, it’s not a thing that I am obsessed about.

So I guess I can live without this tea. I think I will be getting something else from Lupicia this time. Next time, I might be tempted to try it again, and actually get it then.

keychange

Thanks for reviewing a lot of Lupicia teas. I’m hopefully planning a trip to Cali in June, and am definitely coming back with some lupicia tea.

Kat_Maria

Sounds great, keychange! I wish I could actually go to one of their stores… And yeah, by June I should review even more of their teas. They do seem to be pretty awesome, on the whole, especially if you consider that they are rather inexpensive. Too bad they don’t do samples, though!

keychange

Or ship to Canada! :( :(

Kat_Maria

Oh, right, that kind of sucks, too :(

MMMM. This is so comforting. I love the sweetness. It’s like a hug in a cup. I would put it at 100 but since it’s probably not organic and they probably use artificial flavorings, I put it lower. I couldn’t even find their ingredients on their website. It just links to other teas. meh. oh well. Finishing this tea and I’ll probably try to remake it using organic ingredients.

It’s so peachy! I took this iced to work today, and was sad when I drank it all. It’s not too strong a fruit taste like when I’m drinking my Teavana teas, and the green tea base is noticeable but not too strong.

Ohhhhh very deep texture flavor with rounded qualities. Makes you just want to stare mindfully and sigh. It is a very spiritually relaxing tea making it great for an early morning or post-breakfast.

My favorite tea from Lupicia! It’s fragrant, light, and refreshing.

This is one of my tea staples. I like peach teas, and this smells like a ripe, juicy peach. The peach flavor is strong but doesn’t overwhelm the excellent oolong tea. The peach flavor is much more pronounced here than in Lupicia’s regular Momo tea. This is a “big” tea, in that the leaves are loosely rolled and unfurl to enormous size. Like most of Lupicia’s teas, it’s very pleasing to look at in the tin – rosey flower petals against large, deep green leaves of oolong.

This is a very interesting oolong. I was surprised by how sweet and fruity it was. It almost over-powered the oolong itself. Altogether not a bad tea, though the leaves steeped out fairly quickly.