Tsugaru Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I cold brewed this for 12 hours, although the sun went away and it is now cold and foggy in San Francisco again... this one makes a delightful cold beverage, I think I like it even better this...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2169 tasting notes
  • “I made this one cold-brewed last night for lunch today. Cold brewing is one of the only ways I still enjoy flavored greens, but I've still been having issues with them being too strong or grassy...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1851 tasting notes
  • “I wasn't going to drink this until tomorrow, but it was so appley and all-around tasty already that I couldn't resist. Great tea for a cold steep - light, fresh, and crisp, like drinking a...” Read full tasting note
    clareborn 258 tasting notes
  • “Thanks a million for the sample *Amy Oh!* this is a great tea! Not something I'd want everyday, but unique enough that it stands apart from your average green fruity tea. At first sip I was...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1258 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Japanese green tea flavored with “San-Tsugaru” apples from Aomori prefecture in Japan.

Ingredients: Green tea, flavors

Hot to make tea:
One 150 ml (5.0 fl oz) cup
Boiling water
Steep for 1.5-2 minutes

About Lupicia View company

Mixed feelings about this tea. The scent is not a true apple, but more along the lines of apple candy, like Jolly Ranchers. Really couldn’t detect the apple note with the second steeping. It tastes much better iced. I took the remaining tea to work and everyone immediately devoured the rest of it. Looking to try other teas from Lupicia but probably won’t repurchase this one.

Nice green apple aroma that really stays close to the cup. You have to hold th cup under your nose to fully enjoy it. Perfect for a cold rainy day like today. Plus it has a nice clean finish.

Mother is making me drink the rest of this tea so I have this and one more sachet to go!
Seriously. Whenever I’m home, my job is to drink all of my mother’s old teas so she can go out and buy more.

This tea legit smells like nice sweet green apples! Like almost as sweet as those caramel apple lollipops I’d always get a ton of during Halloween. It’s a lovely green tea, with a lovely apple flavour :)
I feel like because this tea is fairly old, its flavour isn’t that good. Aww what a shame; this is one of my favourites! It had a nice bright apple-y flavour when I had it last year, but it’s a bit musky now. No more sweet candy apple taste, but a stale apple pie?

I’ll probably throw the last sachet of this into a cold-brew to drink in the morning :)

VariaTEA

Oh no. It is always sad when teas smell amazing but age has tainted their taste. Also, I can think of worse jobs to do at home than drinking tea :P.

jump62359

Parents know I’ll eat and drink anything while I’m at home, so my job? Shred all the papers and eat all the stuff that’s about to go bad ahha. And then they take me out to sushi for dinner so it all works out :))

I do like free samples, good thing one comes with Lupicia’s newsletter. This one had a crisp green apple taste but not too strong. My dad really seemed to like it, even asking for the info on it and reading the newsletter.

sample bag from last visit to Lupicia. Evening cuppa a few nights ago

I forgot how good this is. Unlike other fruit flavored green teas, this tea doesn’t insult your intelligence by claiming to taste of some specific fruit, then presenting some generic fruit aroma. If brewed properly (about 195-200deg, maybe two minutes max. I’ve noticed with this one the lower temp is really what matters), this is like having a fresh green apple burst open in your teacup. When brewed improperly, it’s like an alfalfa field. Also unlike other fruit-flavored green teas, it is just as good when hot as it is iced. Cold is when you can really taste that its good quality tea base, it gets the round, thicker mouthfeel of the best teas. One of lupicia’s best teas across the board.

Usually I don’t like flavored green teas, but I have been very happy with what Lupicia has available. This Tsugaru Green tea has just the right aroma and flavor of apples from the Tsugaru region of Aomori, Japan. The green tea base is not bitter nor bland, neither does it overwhelm the fruit. The flavor is slightly tart but not overwhelmingly so. I like it a lot.

Reminds me of those green apple gummy candies.

I received 3 Lupicia teas as a gift set and have been pleasantly surprised by them! The Tsugaru Green tea was included and I very much enjoy the flavor. The apple taste is subtle and light, mellow, just slightly fruity and I admit it smells stronger then it tastes. I have only tried it hot so far but I can imagine that this will make a lovely iced tea too! An excellent summer tea!

I would have preferred a non-bancha base for this tea.