Rhubarb & Strawberry

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Grinnyguy

• “Tea of the morning here. This is one of the more enjoyable strawberry teas I’ve tried but the rhubarb definitely gives it something of a sour note. The combination is good here. I guess my...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2816 tasting notes
  • “Very delicious AND it came in a bag, so it’s hard to complain about this. It came in the post from my aunt and uncle so that just goes to prove what wonderful people...” Read full tasting note
    grinnyguy 200 tasting notes
  • “From my Lucky Bag. This tea smells amazing. Dry or brewed, it’s a really beautiful sweet strawberry scent. I’ve never actually tried rhubarb in real life, however I think it’s...” Read full tasting note
    bookshark 150 tasting notes
  • “There used to be wild rhubarb growing by the fence in the backyard of the house I 1st lived in after living in the U.P. Everynow and then I’d grab a stalk and gnaw on it, though I could eat a...” Read full tasting note
    lynxiegrl 217 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Black tea featuring the sweet and tart flavors of rhubarb and strawberry blended with rose petals.

About Lupicia View company

I guess my vacation is officially over since I’m back to work today after being gone for over a week – boo hoo! I will need lots of tea to get through this day…

gmathis

That first day back is always a killer! Good luck finding the top of your desk and the bottom of your in basket.

TeaBrat

thanks. :)

Very delicious AND it came in a bag, so it’s hard to complain about this. It came in the post from my aunt and uncle so that just goes to prove what wonderful people they are!

From my Lucky Bag.

This tea smells amazing. Dry or brewed, it’s a really beautiful sweet strawberry scent. I’ve never actually tried rhubarb in real life, however I think it’s that and the rose petals that give this a bit of perfume and floral edge. It’s not a creamy-style strawberry tea, but the black tea base it still quality. I drank this hot most of the time, but sticking it in the fridge was also pretty tasty.

There used to be wild rhubarb growing by the fence in the backyard of the house I 1st lived in after living in the U.P. Everynow and then I’d grab a stalk and gnaw on it, though I could eat a little bit before the tartness got to me. My favorite pie as a kid? Strawberry & rhubarb pie of course:) This tea is kind of bringing those memories back.

I like this tea alot better then the strawberry and vanilla from Lupicia’s happy bag.

Not sure if I’d want to get more though.

I really like this one and I’m sad to see it go, but it’s getting old and the sipdown needed to be done. Oh well – I have other great teas in my cupboard, but this one will be missed.

Sipdown!

Sil sent me a sample of this many months ago to try, and I figured it would be a good springtime tea. I managed to get 2 servings out of the sample she gave me. I’m not sure whether I botched the steeping, but this tea didn’t really excite me. It had a highly metallic note to it that I assume was the rhubarb. Not quite astringent, but tart enough to make me second guess things.

I wonder if some sugar would have tamed this. However, I’m not that motivated to find out.

Thanks for the chance to try this Sil!

Sipdown! Honestly, I only brewed this up because there was just a cup left. Not keen on the flavour combo right now, though it’s not a bad example of it. Not a tea I need again, though.

Cavocorax

Yeah, I do that sometimes – drink it just to get rid of it, even when you’re not really in the mood for it. But… that’s one less tea!

This one definitely has the sourness of the rhubarb. In fact, I am not sure I taste much strawberry. I think this flavor pairing might be best saved for pies and crumbles…but if you love rhubarb, this one is for you.

This one didn’t really pop for me, but it was still pretty good. I’ve neve had rhubarb before, but this tea tasted similar to the DT’s strawberry rhubarb parfait without the creamy aspect of that tea. It was actually pretty tart on its own, which was the exact opposite of what Virginia thought of it lol. However, I was eating grapes that were quite sweet right before I started drinking this so that may have affected how it tasted to me. I’ll hold off on rating it for now. I added a little splenda and now I wish I hadn’t. I think I liked it better plain. This will definitely be a retry and I’ll withhold judgement until then.

TheTeaFairy

Oh, where has the 1851 gone??

mj

LOL, it seemed kind of cumbersome and unneccessary? So I just dropped it. People still know who I am, right?

TheTeaFairy

Oh yes, no worries…it actually makes you more you if that makes any sense ;-)

mj

I feel the same way! After my BF started calling me MJ, my close friends picked it up. Now most of my friends call me MJ, so why not Steepster too?

I am so disappointed. The dry leaf smells incredibly artificial, and the tea itself is incredibly sweet, with no real rhubarb tartness. I wanted it to make go “Oooh”, not “Boooh” :( Will try cold brewing, maybe it will make it better?