Rhubarb & Strawberry

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Grinnyguy

• “Tea of the morning here. This is one of the more enjoyable strawberry teas I've tried but the rhubarb definitely gives it something of a sour note. The combination is good here. I guess my...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2168 tasting notes
  • “Very delicious AND it came in a bag, so it's hard to complain about this. It came in the post from my aunt and uncle so that just goes to prove what wonderful people they are!” Read full tasting note
    grinnyguy 181 tasting notes
  • “From my Lucky Bag. This tea smells amazing. Dry or brewed, it's a really beautiful sweet strawberry scent. I've never actually tried rhubarb in real life, however I think it's that and the rose...” Read full tasting note
    bookshark 149 tasting notes
  • “Super strong strawberry smell when I open this bag! There is something else I'm getting too, which I guess is the rhubarb. I'm trying a slightly lower and shorter temp and steep on this since my...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 276 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Black tea featuring the sweet and tart flavors of rhubarb and strawberry blended with rose petals.

About Lupicia View company

Tea of the morning here. This is one of the more enjoyable strawberry teas I’ve tried but the rhubarb definitely gives it something of a sour note. The combination is good here.

I guess my vacation is officially over since I’m back to work today after being gone for over a week – boo hoo! I will need lots of tea to get through this day…

gmathis

That first day back is always a killer! Good luck finding the top of your desk and the bottom of your in basket.

TeaBrat

thanks. :)

Very delicious AND it came in a bag, so it’s hard to complain about this. It came in the post from my aunt and uncle so that just goes to prove what wonderful people they are!

From my Lucky Bag.

This tea smells amazing. Dry or brewed, it’s a really beautiful sweet strawberry scent. I’ve never actually tried rhubarb in real life, however I think it’s that and the rose petals that give this a bit of perfume and floral edge. It’s not a creamy-style strawberry tea, but the black tea base it still quality. I drank this hot most of the time, but sticking it in the fridge was also pretty tasty.

Super strong strawberry smell when I open this bag! There is something else I’m getting too, which I guess is the rhubarb. I’m trying a slightly lower and shorter temp and steep on this since my usual four minutes for blacks seems overkill for Lupicia blacks.

Once steeped, the strawberry is lighter than the smell, but still very present. I taste something that I can’t describe as anything other than light and green which I’m pegging for rhubarb. The black base seems to hide behind the two flavors. I’m enjoying this without sweetener (rare) and it is pretty good. I do wish there was a baked crust flavor to this with a little bit of cinnamon to complete the usual straw/barb ensemble, but that desire is more appropriate for a 52teas style tea. I added a little sugar at the end and it really did nothing for the cup. So far I’m liking this ok, but I’m betting it would make a fantastically refreshing iced tea. I’ll have to remember that as the weather heats up!

This was my 2nd ever loose leaf tea! Pretty tasty and WOW IT SMELLS SO FRICKIN GOOD. I haven’t had it in a while but I remember it being a lighter black tea, not too bitter, and the strawberry flavor was very sweet and prominent. Did I mention the smell was to die for.