Rhubarb & Strawberry

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Grinnyguy

• “Tea of the morning here. This is one of the more enjoyable strawberry teas I've tried but the rhubarb definitely gives it something of a sour note. The combination is good here. I guess my...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2307 tasting notes
  • “Very delicious AND it came in a bag, so it's hard to complain about this. It came in the post from my aunt and uncle so that just goes to prove what wonderful people they are!” Read full tasting note
    grinnyguy 181 tasting notes
  • “From my Lucky Bag. This tea smells amazing. Dry or brewed, it's a really beautiful sweet strawberry scent. I've never actually tried rhubarb in real life, however I think it's that and the rose...” Read full tasting note
    bookshark 150 tasting notes
  • “This one didn't really pop for me, but it was still pretty good. I've neve had rhubarb before, but this tea tasted similar to the DT's strawberry rhubarb parfait without the creamy aspect of that...” Read full tasting note
    mj1851 216 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Black tea featuring the sweet and tart flavors of rhubarb and strawberry blended with rose petals.

About Lupicia View company

Tea of the morning here. This is one of the more enjoyable strawberry teas I’ve tried but the rhubarb definitely gives it something of a sour note. The combination is good here.

I guess my vacation is officially over since I’m back to work today after being gone for over a week – boo hoo! I will need lots of tea to get through this day…

gmathis

That first day back is always a killer! Good luck finding the top of your desk and the bottom of your in basket.

TeaBrat

thanks. :)

Very delicious AND it came in a bag, so it’s hard to complain about this. It came in the post from my aunt and uncle so that just goes to prove what wonderful people they are!

From my Lucky Bag.

This tea smells amazing. Dry or brewed, it’s a really beautiful sweet strawberry scent. I’ve never actually tried rhubarb in real life, however I think it’s that and the rose petals that give this a bit of perfume and floral edge. It’s not a creamy-style strawberry tea, but the black tea base it still quality. I drank this hot most of the time, but sticking it in the fridge was also pretty tasty.

This one didn’t really pop for me, but it was still pretty good. I’ve neve had rhubarb before, but this tea tasted similar to the DT’s strawberry rhubarb parfait without the creamy aspect of that tea. It was actually pretty tart on its own, which was the exact opposite of what Virginia thought of it lol. However, I was eating grapes that were quite sweet right before I started drinking this so that may have affected how it tasted to me. I’ll hold off on rating it for now. I added a little splenda and now I wish I hadn’t. I think I liked it better plain. This will definitely be a retry and I’ll withhold judgement until then.

TheTeaFairy

Oh, where has the 1851 gone??

mj

LOL, it seemed kind of cumbersome and unneccessary? So I just dropped it. People still know who I am, right?

TheTeaFairy

Oh yes, no worries…it actually makes you more you if that makes any sense ;-)

mj

I feel the same way! After my BF started calling me MJ, my close friends picked it up. Now most of my friends call me MJ, so why not Steepster too?

I am so disappointed. The dry leaf smells incredibly artificial, and the tea itself is incredibly sweet, with no real rhubarb tartness. I wanted it to make go “Oooh”, not “Boooh” :( Will try cold brewing, maybe it will make it better?

Brewed this one up this morning, well, afternoon when I actually woke up…it was a little tart from the rhubarb, and a little floral…it was almost like Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait from DAVIDs, only with a black base. Is rhubarb supposed to have a little floral note? Is something else giving me this taste?

I liked this but ultimately threw it into the pile of tea for my friend’s “this day of the year can suck it and I refuse to get older” pile with a few others.

VariaTEA

I found this one was better cold brewed, though still nothing special either way tbh.

Amariel

Yeah. I had thought about straight cold brewing it.

FInally got around to trying this one today – it’s been one of the teas hiding in my cupboard from my last mini lupicia order with Cavo from a few months back. This isn’t half bad, though i think i want to try cold brewing it. I generally enjoy lupicia’s strawberry flavouring, and in this blend there is a hint of that sour note that rhubarb brings to the table…it’s just not overpowering of crazy sour. I think the cold brew might help to smooth out the black base in this case, which i think is what is making me not ADORE this one.

TheTeaFairy

I liked it too but not enough to reorder. ( your Ruby Pie is better ;-) )

I am not really getting rhubarb from this which is weird to me since usually Lupicia is pretty spot on with their flavors. Instead, I am getting mostly base with hints of strawberry. Thank you Dustin for sharing, it is not what I expected but it is still a pleasant cup.

Sipdown (212!)
I liked this one, and I’ll miss it. Sadly I oversteeped it had to tone it down with milk. But with milk it’s still strawberry goodness and tart rhubarb.

I need to sip, sip, sip so I can get more lovely Lupicia teas!

haha i haven’t started my half of this one yet

VariaTEA

Look at you go with your sipdowns :)

Super strong strawberry smell when I open this bag! There is something else I’m getting too, which I guess is the rhubarb. I’m trying a slightly lower and shorter temp and steep on this since my usual four minutes for blacks seems overkill for Lupicia blacks.

Once steeped, the strawberry is lighter than the smell, but still very present. I taste something that I can’t describe as anything other than light and green which I’m pegging for rhubarb. The black base seems to hide behind the two flavors. I’m enjoying this without sweetener (rare) and it is pretty good. I do wish there was a baked crust flavor to this with a little bit of cinnamon to complete the usual straw/barb ensemble, but that desire is more appropriate for a 52teas style tea. I added a little sugar at the end and it really did nothing for the cup. So far I’m liking this ok, but I’m betting it would make a fantastically refreshing iced tea. I’ll have to remember that as the weather heats up!