The au Lait

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Lupicia

Black tea blended with beautiful golden tips to enjoy with lots of milk.

About Lupicia View company

Mmmm… strong but yummy! I love strong teas! I saw Rachel’s review of this teas and I was like I have to try that tea! I love really strong breakfast type teas and that is exactly what this is. I steeped it for 2 & 1/2 minutes and it was stronger then most black teas that I steep for 5. Not gonna lie I wanna try what this tastes like at 5! I bet its crazy. I had the cup with a splash of milk as suggested and it was delicious!!!

Cofftea

Haha! Definitely looking forward to your 5min tasting note… you could even try 6, my prefered steeping time for blacks when adding milk.

Caitlin

Yeah I am definitely gonna play around with this one!

Tabby

I am intrigued. I love intense teas.

Caitlin

Yeah that’s why I bought it too – haha! Its quite good :)

Tea of the morning……

Finally, a tea I can actually drink with milk. I am usually one to drink my black teas without, and find most Assam blends a little iffy at times. While I am pretty sure there is Assam in here, it is strong enough for milk, but not so strong to be over the top. I am very happy that it came in a small amount as it is not often that I want milk in my tea, but it is nice to have the option.

This is a very strong tea, very enjoyable. Smooth and robust! I haven’t yet added any milk to it, but I am quite enjoying it without the milk. Delicious, rich flavor.

LiberTEAS

This is even better with milk… it’s made for milk (as evidenced by the name “Tea in Milk”) Yum!!!

QueenOfTarts

Mmm! Sounds delish!
I am wanting to try this! You make it sound yummy.

TeaEqualsBliss

ooooo….sounds good!

Wow, this is brisk. Not only will you be awake but it’ll put hair on your chest. Still it is good and even though it is strong it isn’t bitter.

Pro: a very pleasant tea experience! “Beautiful golden tips” is a very apt description (although I would favor to say luscious golden tips).

The dry leaves smell really interesting. I wish I could identify the base, but I’m not quite there yet in my current level of tea expertise. The brewed tea aroma was at first slightly disappointing because I felt that it had lost that unique, unidentifiable, interesting smell. It smelled like a normal, average black tea.

But when time came to taste it, I was pleasantly surprised again! (Which was only slightly spoiled since I had just brushed my teeth. Is there mint in here?! face palm).

But this is a very pleasant tea! I drank it with lots of milk and a little sugar, as suggested. It’s a beautiful black tea and a nice change from all the green and oolong currently in my cupboard.

Again, I apologize that I can’t describe the finer details of this tea due to my inexperience as a tea connoisseur. But it’s a good one to keep around for days when you’re not craving any one tea in particular but definitely know you want something flavorful.

A cup of full-bodied strong tea!! Exactly what I need right now even though I am not a big fan of anything robust like this. It’s not bitter, and it’s less astringent that expected. A bit of milk and sugar would have been fantastic, though I won’t complain because it’s a pleasant drink by itself.

This sample was just the right kind of caffeine kick that I needed in the morning. Great with sugar and milk! This is another standard and strong black tea. I love it!

Bad lady had a second cup of caffeinated tea this morning…. another Lupicia, as my small Butiki stash has runneth out and I wanted something other than Harney today. So I went with Lupicia’s Au Lait. I’m pretty dang sure that this is a ceylon blend, as there is more astringency than I typically like and the back of the package says “Origin: Sri Lanka”. :) When I first “upgraded” my tea, I found this to be a wonderful tea, but now that I have figured out what teas I truly like, I’m afraid this one won’t make my list. It’s bright and tasty, but that dang astringency sits on my tongue and in my tummy like a wet bed sheet. This blend is made especially to handle milk well (which is usually the hallmark of a tea that I will love) but due to the blasted astringency, I won’t be ordering again. If you like ceylons that take milk well, I’d give this a try.

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML