Ginger Tea

Black Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by woogawoman

• “OMG - a moment of Steepster not being bogged down. Quick - to post my tasting note! Well the other review that is listed here was quite dismal but I thought this stuff was terrific. Honestly, I...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2310 tasting notes
  • “My second tea from The Book of Tea. I was looking forward to a really spicy and sugary cup - just like Chinese ginger tea (a tisane consisting of brown sugar and ginger chunks only) - but of course...” Read full tasting note
    larukucafe 302 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Ginger is blended into mild black tea. Its soothing taste goes well with milk.

About Lupicia View company

OMG – a moment of Steepster not being bogged down. Quick – to post my tasting note!

Well the other review that is listed here was quite dismal but I thought this stuff was terrific. Honestly, I have no idea if there is anything in it aside from black tea and ginger root which I probably could have made myself.

Anyway, it works for me. I love ginger and the black tea base is rich and dessert-like. I checked out the wet leaves and it looks like a CTC assam or something similar. I had a ton of ginger bits in my loose leaf bag and the other taster did not so perhaps tea bags are just not the way to go with this one. Spicy, zingy and flavorful. I had some after lunch and it is squelching my post-salad sweet tooth. I will definitely want to keep this one around. Sometimes simplicity is the essence of perfection, isn’t it?

Missy

Haha that’s what I’m doing too!

TeaBrat

must write quickly… lol!

Fjellrev

I’ve been writing my reviews in a word processor and would then attack Steepster when I have the chance!

TeaBrat

@Incendiare – I have seriously been considering that too!

Kittenna

@Incendiare – Likewise. If tomorrow during the day is bad again, I’m just going to avoid Steepster until the late evening. It seems quick enough now.

Indigobloom

ahhh I missed that window! but it seems to be ok now. To bad I haven’t had my morning tea yet!

ScottTeaMan

MMMMMM…….Ginger. :))

I usually do tranfer my reviews from a WP, or “right click” COPY my reviews on Steepster now, before I submit a review. That way if they don’t post, I can just PASTE the review and resubmit it. :))

CHAroma

Seriously, what is up with Steepster?? I’m dying for my tea friends!

My second tea from The Book of Tea. I was looking forward to a really spicy and sugary cup – just like Chinese ginger tea (a tisane consisting of brown sugar and ginger chunks only) – but of course it was nothing like that, for this was a spiced black tea after all. But still the ginger flavour was disappointingly mild after readjusting my expectations, perhaps because there were only 2 tiny ginger pieces in my tea bag! A tea that would be easily forgotten as there was nothing really remarkable about it.

Winter Salo

You poor thing – I don’t know why but for me when a ginger tea doesn’t work it fails big time. This one sounds very disappointing.